You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirit In The Dorms

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit In The Dorms

 

In 2009, I was living the summer in Best Hall at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan. This hall has no air conditioning at all and we were only allowed to use fans for our dorms.

When I got there I noticed immediately something was in there. The temperature was drastically colder, nearly freezing when it was 80 some degrees that day. In fact, that summer was between 80 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there is no logical explanation for the temperature to be so cool when it's a hot old building. My room was at the end of the hall on the 4th floor by a lounge-ish kind of room.

So I don't remember the small things besides having conversations with it because I knew it was there and in someway I could tell he was listening, though I probably looked crazy to my roommate until she saw some stuff too. I remember clearly one night me and my roommate got ready for sleep. It was around midnight and it sounded like books were being thrown on the ground and I just laid in shock because there was nothing that had dropped. And then the biggest shock was over my head was two lights that looked like two headlights but made no logical sense. We are on the fourth floor and there is no traffic whatsoever that time a night. Even if there was a lone car it wouldn't shine through the window directly on the wall full bright. It scared the hell out of me and her (which now I am thinking it may have been orbs but why would there be 2 perfect ones that looks like headlights at a close distance?)

The final thing that happened that was more or less the last time I ever slept with the lights off and happened in the morning. I remember falling asleep because I had to get up at 6am to get ready for the day and I had a dream and I saw the man in the room on my bed and he just seemed like a older gentleman and then I remember him leaving the dream and then I heard a really, REALLY loud beeping sound like a fire alarm. I knew the dorm was having a fire drill test so I assumed that was what it was and I instantly woke up and looked in the corner where the fire drill wasn't at all because fire alarms are in center of ceiling in all rooms. And in the corner it was beeping and a orb that was dense was flashing really bright and then I was like 'holy shiat' because I am still thinking it is a fire drill, and fall outta bed trying to get my glasses which are now somehow far under my bed. So I climb to get them and cram them on my face and look back up and the orb was gone and my roommate was just laying there and I was like, "Did you see that?" and she said she hadn't but it was so bright and I know what I saw.

I never ever slept with the lights off in the dorm after that. I never felt any harm was going to happen but it just felt like a tense pressure sometimes walking into the room. And remember the temp being cold? I brought heavy afghans in SUMMER because of it being so chilly.

I left because we were moving (me and my family) and I remember being worried the spirit would attach and follow me which it didn't because I haven't seen him since that dream, but I haven't sensed him anywhere near me now. I don't know there is something about that specific room and I wonder why he is there.

I just really want to know what the white light was because it also was making noise and I wonder if it was trying to communicate.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melc2012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
im a bit puzzled you said the temp was freezing... Then you were speaking to it, speaking to what the temperature? 😕
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Done some research and there was a woman raped and killed at EMU. So that can explain some of the experiences you had. Should not have been dangerous just wanting to make sure there was not anyone else having it done to them.
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
I know there was some renovations done there can you tell me if this before or after your case.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: