You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Psych Affiliation Dorm Scary Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Psych Affiliation Dorm Scary Experience

 

This happened when I was in college studying Nursing way back 2007 or 2008. It was my 3rd year on the course and this was when I was staying in the Philippines.

This story happened when we were having our psychiatric affiliation with Vicente Sotto Memorial Hospital in Cebu City. For those who may have been familiar with the place, I ask that if you can tell me more about the dormitory that we stayed there. It's a dormitory that is near the hospital and the psych wards. I am not from Cebu so I have no idea of the history of the place. So knowing if it is really haunted would really give me peace of mind as I've witnessed some weird and scary stuff happening during our stay there.

We arrived at that said dormitory, as I recall it was almost dusk and evening was fast approaching. The first impression when we entered the place was the darkness all over the place. Even with the lights on it felt a little bit darker for me at that time, be it physically or metaphorically that was how I remember it initially upon stepping foot on the place. Next thing I noticed was how the dormitory was shaped. It was circular and there are stairs that lead to the 2nd floor where the rooms are. There were columns supporting the circular dormitory which to me if I imagine drawing lines I can probably imagine making a pentagram from the circular formations of the columns. My memory might be mixed with imagination that time but that is how it felt like and how I perceived it to be. That being said you can only imagine the weird vibes the dormitory is putting off.

Boys and Girls are separated by their own rooms. One room can occupy almost 10 people. It has double decks arranged as if like a military barracks, that's the best I can describe it with.

We arrived at our boys room and the first thing I noticed was we have a balcony at the very back of the room where we can do laundry and stuff. 'How cool was that', was what I originally thought but that changed immediately when I stepped out to the balcony alone. Right outside of the balcony has this huge Acacia Tree and right that instant I felt like I was being watched and I had these goosebumps all over my skin. I shrugged it off and went inside the boys room bearing in mind not to go out there if alone.

We stayed there for 2 weeks so on our first few days of our stay some weird things have been already happening. I already knew that there was something off with the place but I didn't tell anyone as it was unnecessary to make my classmates get scared just because I felt like the place is off and weird. That didn't last long though as they experienced hauntings all on their own.

Experience 1

I have this girl classmate that lost her phone. She swore she just placed it on her bed and she couldn't find it anywhere. We originally thought someone must have took it. Logically thinking that was possible. We tried to call the her phone and someone answered it after a few rings. All I know was that it was an old lady voice at the other end of the line per my classmate's description of the voice as we were waiting for their conversations to start. My classmate kept on saying hello and if the lady took her phone but we can see that she was getting confused and stressed talking to the stranger. She abruptly hang up the phone and we were baffled as to why so we asked her what happened and where's her phone. She was shaking and scared, I can tell something spook her out from that phone call. She said the old lady was talking in bisaya (a dialect from Cebu) something about how pretty she was and she likes her hair. I can't speak bisaya but that was roughly what my classmate said. What made her creeped out about the whole thing was that it was as if the old lady knew her or had been watching her to say that she likes her hair. It was just unnerving, we shrugged it off as probably a prank caller. We were all at the hallway at this time since boys are not allowed on the girls room. That same moment when my classmate decided to go back to the girls room, she freaked out and guess where was her phone, it was on her bed, same place where she said she placed it in the first place.

Experience 2

We have at that time a vacant room where there are double decks same as our rooms but no one occupies that room. My classmates and I decided to stay there and hang out rather than staying in the hallway all the time. The girls decided to talk about stuff probably their crushes I don't know, I was minding my own business laying on one of the empty beds. I was using my phone to pass the time since we're not doing anything yet when I heard a commotion on the other side of the room. The girls were yelling and running towards the door and out of the room. Of course I went after them along with some of the boys that were also hanging out in there to see what was going on.

My girl classmates were so freaked out some of them were crying as they relay what happened. They were of course just doing girls stuff and gossiping at the far end of the room when one of them decided to record their convos with their cell phone just for fun they said. Nothing out of the ordinary happened while they were talking but when they played the conversations on the phone, we all can hear it. There was no mistake, there was another voice in the background and at first it was so faint in sound but as it progresses we can hear it. It was a girl (not an old lady but a young girl's voice), singing. I can't understand what she was singing but I can tell it was a bisaya song, almost like an old tuned song. We were all freaked out, the girl even managed to throw the phone away as if it was haunted or something.

Experience 3

This is by far the scariest I have experienced while staying there. This happened when we were all sleeping during the night and a few days after all the creepy stuffs going on that time.

I remember I was on the top bunk/bed. Lights were dimmed already and all of my classmates were asleep. I felt this hair raising sensation as if someone is staring at you from the darkness. I was facing the back side of the room where the balcony door was leading to the huge Acacia tree outside. A few moments later my sensation of dread just intensified and I noticed a shadowy figure forming at the very end of the room by the balcony door. I was petrified, unable to move at what I was witnessing. I am fully awake as I watched this entity in a shape of a female with ragged hair and though not much features of the face I can tell but the eyes were red and almost malevolent. I can tell it was looking at my classmates as if searching for something but at that instant I felt like it knew I was awake and watching it and at just that instant when I blinked my eye, she was right in front of my bed and staring malevolently at me. Scared and horrified was an understatement as far as I can say. I can feel my heart pounding and all my hairs at the back of my neck and arms are standing up. Although I was scared I held my cross necklace that I was wearing that time and spoke to it "In the name of Jesus Christ umalis ka dito, hindi ka namin ginagambala" (in the name of Jesus Christ, leave us be, We are not doing anything to you.)

At that instant it vanished just like that. The next day a classmate of mine asked me, why was I talking alone last night. I just didn't tell him about what I saw so no one will freak out more as they already were.

Suffice to say that was one of the most memorable moments while staying on that dorm. Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by DarriuxDarkk

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarriuxDarkk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-21)
You stayed on that same dorm?

I haven't seen any doppelganger or little boy running around on my time there but yes, definitely I have seen a woman that pass through walls. That might be the woman crying you've heard. The apparition is mostly near the boys restrooms and the adjacent dorm room if that makes any difference.

Thanks and God Bless!
clumsykimmi (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-20)
I had the same experience in the same place. Hearing a woman crying in the middle of the night. Seeing doppel gangers and a little boy playing and running inside the room.
Hassan_Jaffy123 (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
That was very scary and I enjoyed lot. I have no words actually... Just woooooow very scary 😠
Aella9114 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-03)
The place where you were staying seemed familiar to me. My house is just near VSMMC and Ward 12:) I'm also a grad of BSN and maybe were are of the same batch, different schools though. If I'm not misatken maybe you're referring to this house turned dorm owned by a CI of a school in Mindanao?
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-29)
WOW! 😳 I got goose bumps reading your story. That dorm is definitely haunted. I bet you were so glad to leave! I will never understand why some of us are sensitive to spirits/entities that no one else can sense or see. It must have been hard on you to keep all those "happenings" to yourself. I'm glad you can share them here. I am like you too, I just pray when these kinds of things happen to me. God bless you as well. ❤ Thank you for sharing this fascinating story.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-26)
LuciaJacinta

Yes that one was very creepy indeed. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it. Thank you for reading.

Lealeigh

Yes the place was indeed putting off some negative energy vibes. As I stated in my story, when I step foot inside, I immediately felt like the place was darker than normal. Darker in a sense of emotions, I don't know how to describe it but it felt like, you are being suffocated by negativity, I felt my emotions to be drained, yea that's the best I can describe it with. I didn't think about ghosts or of such nature on my very first impression of it. I just thought of the place to be emotionally draining. Thanks for reading I appreciate it.

Silverthane

Thank you for reading. Yeah, different people have different views on Catholicism and their views with the afterlife and souls. Heck I don't totally follow the bible most of the time as some of it does not make sense to me. I do believe on what they called "you personal relationship to God." To which I believe on since even though I tend to be logical minded most of the time, I did have many experiences that believing in God or Jesus Christ always gave me comfort and protection to the things I experienced that are unexplained and downright scary. Oh also I don't think the apparition was an Aswang, to me I think it was an elemental or a tormented spirit. I have never seen an Aswang as those are more of physical beings than spirit entity. Thank you for reading.

Thanks all and God Bless.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-26)
DariuxDarkk, everyone has their own bent as to what they focus on in these stories. For me, it was the encounter between you and the Aswang where you lifted your cross and dismissed him from your sight. I am very familiar with the Roman Catholic beliefs of the souls of the dead and the origin of haunts. Surprisingly, it is easier to accept those beliefs than to disprove them (proving a negative and so forth). However, even the bible has incidents where the souls of the dead were brought forth as well as the fact that Jesus was not the only person in the bible to raise the dead. Very good read!
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-24)
Hi DarriuxDarkk,

I also enjoyed your story. I took a look at the site using the link that Biblio provided. I'm not claiming to have any psychic gifts whatsoever but I think that the building looks "closed in" with itself and whatever negative energy exists there.

Were I to find myself on the sidewalk, I would have serious reservations about passing through the gates.

I took a "walk" on google street view and I noticed that the walls around the complex are very decomposed and dreary. To my mind, the lack of upkeep would make it a strong place for paranormal activity.

Thank you for sharing your experiences there and best wishes to you!

- Maria ❤
jabond99 (3 stories) (61 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-11-24)
DarriuxDarkk,

It was your very good description with good details that led us to the place on google maps. When I see that place from outside, it gives me the creeps.

I believe the name S.I.H. Is for Southern Islands Hospital, which may be associated with your Vicente Sotto Memorial Hospital. It is right next door.

Keep up the great stories. Very enjoyable to read, I know not so enjoyable for you to experience.

James Bond
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-23)
Hi Biblio and Jabond99

I apologize, earlier when jabond posted the name S.I.H Nurses Home, it didn't ring a bell for me because to be honest. I really do not know the name of the dorm we stayed in. Now that I actually copied and searched what biblio posted on google maps. I am literally shocked and couldn't believe it myself. IT IS THE DORMITORY that we stayed in. Thank you for finding it for me. I also looked at it from above and you can actually see the rooms that we were supposed to be staying in. If you can see the back side of the place where there is a huge tree beside one of those rooms, that's the exact place I stayed in years ago.

Wow I just can't believe you guys found it. Thank you! I was thinking it was like probably my only imagination on how the place was build up but as I saw the google map, Yep that is the place. Exactly like I described it on the inside though. Thank you both again.

Thanks and God Bless.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-11-23)
Greetings, DarriuxDarkk.

Like jabond99, I was curious enough to look at Google maps, too. I found this: https://www.google.com/maps/ [at] 10.3081144,123.8936764,3a,75y,242.17h,77.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVFuuliqhErUxziVuby2L-g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656. Despite the English-language sign above the gates, it does look like it was built to fit in with a Spanish-Colonial style neighborhood. It also looks rather uninviting.

I enjoyed your narrative & the clear depiction of the experiences. However, I'm concerned about the extra data you included in your comments: "So I lied to them, told them there was nothing there and the place is perfectly fine." I understand that you didn't want to make the situation worse & you felt pressured by the expectations of your instructors, but I'm a big supporter of telling people the truth, even if you have to phrase it very diplomatically. That poor girl must have been terrified; being told that it was her imagination could have made her *more* paranoid & made her doubt her own sanity. Would it have been very difficult to tell her that *sometimes* unexplained events do occur, but what she saw did not try to hurt her, as a reassurance for her experience? Obviously, I'm judging the events after the fact, and you can't do anything to change that; I'd just encourage you to be honest & reassuring with frightened people in the future.

Take care,
Biblio.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-11-23)
I liked this story. The cell phone part is the scariest to me. Well written.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-11-23)
I grew up in a very conservative but now open minded Catholic Family. All my life we've been exposed to religious beliefs especially that I went to school on a Chinese Catholic School from kindergarten to end of Highschool.

Topics of ghosts is widely accepted in a Filipino Culture however, although it is widely accepted there is still stigma to a certain extent especially to those they say "educated people" that ghosts or topics of that nature are shunned to a point that it is make belief, hallucinations, or plainly not real.

Catholics believe on God, heaven and hell, also souls but I think some people don't believe on ghosts as this is what they believe on; the ones that died are either in heaven or hell and the ones that are manifesting themselves as apparitions in the physical realm are not their true souls but of demons. They believe in the scriptures that the only time the souls of the departed come back to earth is on Judgement day so with that being said anything they see as apparitions before that are demons masquerading as our loved ones. Quite something to think about especially that we often experience fright whenever we see ghosts so who knows.

Anyway in terms of acceptance on the notion of the supernatural depends on the individuals beliefs. Some of my Clinical Instructors may seem to believe on such things but others do not.

I tend to not share my experiences on the supernatural especially at work, I guess for professionalism sakes.

If some of my colleagues does share some of their experiences with me, I do tend to share back but that's that.

I always tend to rationalize first everything before jumping to conclusion towards a supernatural phenomena.
jabond99 (3 stories) (61 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-11-23)
DarriuxDarkk,

In my travels around Asia, I found that every culture I came across had some level of belief in ghosts. Although I travelled to Philippines, I did not have the chance to engage anyone on the topic of ghosts.

You mention that you were worried about the opinions of your superiors. Please let me know how the topic of ghosts is accepted or not accepted in the Philippines. I am curious if there is any resistance to the idea because of the Catholic heritage, or if the idea of ghosts is deeply accepted in the country. Perhaps you were worried because you were in a scientific/medical arena and ghosts do not align well with conventional thinking there.

I am an engineer by trade, but I have found that the topic of ghosts has been a common topic with my customers throughout Asia, even though most are logical thinking engineers. Of course, the topic does not come up so much in the office, but usually afterward when some drinks have made everyone more "open" to discussing ideas.

James Bond
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-11-23)
Hi jabond99,

Thank you for googling the place. I'm still not sure if that Nurses Home was the right dormitory we stayed in but it was circular shaped dormitory and the outside architecture looks so old fashioned.

In regards to patients from the psych wards being housed there, that I do not know. I do know however when we were on the actual psych building or ward, we were told by the staff that there are really incidence of patients dying in there by suicide.

Psychiatric facilities always gave off strong negative energies, maybe certain entities feeds off that.

Also I forgot to mention there was one incident while we were staying in there, one of my classmates had a panic attack which made all our Clinical Instructors worried and made me and that certain girl sat down in a closed room to talk about what happened.

Prior to all these happening, I have already seen an apparition in a form of a lady that went passed through a wall just near the girls room. I have never said anything about this to anyone and most especially to the girl but apparently they thought that I can probably help her deal with witnessing something supernatural for the first time?

The girl has never seen a ghost or anything of that nature in her entire life as what she claimed, so when she saw the apparition for the first time she had a panic attack that warranted the CI to intervene.

Apparently they thought I can help lol. All I said was there was nothing there, ignore what she saw and it might have just been her hallucinations or something. What else I was about to say, we were nursing students in a presence of adults who are our mentors and doing psychiatric affiliation that time. We might end up being patients ourselves, the irony lol.

So I lied to them, told them there was nothing there and the place is perfectly fine. You guys might be wondering why I got involved in the first place. In our batch, my classmates already knew that I tend to be weird and inclined to the supernatural stuff. Yes I was that oddball weird kid in every batch. They do however value some of my opinions though as I've proved to them in numerous occasions that malevolent beings does exist. Our school is haunted but that's another story to tell.

Thanks and God Bless
jabond99 (3 stories) (61 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-22)
DarriuxDarkk,

This is a very well written story and has enough details to convince me that something was going on at this place. I'm not going to jump to the conclusion yet that something evil was going on, but something strange for sure.

You mention the dormitory was near the psych wards. It would be interesting if you could dig out whether the dormitory itself was once used to house unfortunate psych patients. I have no experience with psych wards, so I don't know if the multi-person barracks style you describe would be used for psychiatric patients.

Out of morbid curiosity, I google maps searched the hospital and could see only one building that matched your circular description. From Streetview, it has a sign labelled "S.I.H. Nurses Home". Just curious if that is your building?

Thanks for the very interesting read.

James Bond

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: