You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man in the Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Man in the Mirror

 

One cold night, as the rain was lashing down my windows and the darkness was upon me, I was laying in my bed. I could not sleep because the rain was so heavy. I lived with only my mother and my father and at the time, I was only 10 years old. I was not sure if it was only my imagination but I started to hear noises, like a man breathing heavily. I though it might have been my imagination and I did not want to go in and wake my parents up. But the noises got worse and the whispering became clear that they he was trying to tell me something! I really began to tremble and the louder it got, the more scared I became. I plucked up the courage to reach for the light as I felt someone holding me back, I turned and glanced at my mirror. I suddenly saw an old man standing behind me! It then disappeared and to this day, I have never seen him again. What did he want from me I will never know!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-03)
That really is impressing, I think that the old man died in the house and he wanted to tell you something. Did you get to hear what he said? When you saw him, did he have a beaconing look on his face? I think that he wanted to tell you something and you should do some research of the past of that house, if I were you, I would have started doing research on it right the morning of the encounter. Well, did you move? If you can find out something on the house, tell us what you found out. Bye, and thanks for the story, adios!!
oke (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-03)
i never been holded somebody back me but it was 7:00 clock morning my mother came to wake me up I heard somebody breathing so I asked my mother to cam there and she heard that too,i live in a flat so he think it was boiler but it wasnt!Note:My mother dosent belive stuf like that.
Ratterrier68 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-02)
Wowowowowoow...thats creepy.... I just think that was the old mans house....look up the history.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: