You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Did It Come With The Chest?

Real Ghost Stories

Did It Come With The Chest?

 

I have been lurking this site for a little while now. I have finally decided to submit my own story. I apologize in advance for the poor writing, not much of a writer. Just listing the events that happened.

Did It Come With The Chest?

Back in 2006 I was still living with my parents. Their house was brand new. Built in 2005. Nothing strange ever happened for the first year, but then my grandfather gave us this old blanket chest that has been passed down in our family for years. That's when things started going "bump". We would be sitting in the living room and hear what sounded like something being pushed across the floor upstairs (the chest was located in the room directly above the living room), only to go upstairs and there would be nothing. I was home alone walking through the living room and heard what sounded like something tumbling over onto the floor, again found nothing. We would hear footsteps on the stairs. Our little dog would bark randomly at the bedroom door or sit at the bottom of the stairs and stare up. Things would go missing only to turn up in odd places later. We would hear what sounded like people talking upstairs at times. My dad woke up not being able to move or breath one time, but that could have just been sleep paralysis. I never felt scared in that house or anything. We would just hear things and our things would get misplaced. I know it's not much of a scary ghost story, but it's mine.

Also, I have attached a picture that my dad snapped on his phone, there is a face in the upper right hand corner. The only thing I have done to the photo, is lighten it and circle the face in red.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AMC0809, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SuperPugLady (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-21)
It's been known for objects to be haunted before so it may very well be the case that the chest is haunted.
Do you know how old it is or how long it's been in your family? Perhaps it was once the treasured possession of a family member, from the past and they're still attached to it. ☺
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-23)
Hi AMC0809:

Great story. Doesn't have to be scary, but the picture! Definitely looks like a face. Does the face look like anyone of your past relatives? What made your father take the picture? Had he seen this face & was lucky enough to capture it?

I would think things happening after the chest came into the house would likely be the cause of the activity.

Hope you can figure out who this person may be.

Thanks for sharing!
Chewybacca12345 (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-20)
Wow that is creepy. A lot of things happen to me. Maybe you could email me some time at skylerbeverly38334 [at] gmail.com.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: