You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Caring Caresses

Real Ghost Stories

Caring Caresses

 

Most of my ghost encounters I have experienced have me either being touched by something or just being talked to. This story is about me being touched several times. Not inappropriately, more like friendly.

I have recently had my heart broken. I broke up with my boyfriend and I had no idea how to handle my emotions. At the time, I still lived in Traverse City, Michigan, in my old house where I have had other experiences. I was laying on my bedroom floor, crying about my recent break-up.

My heart was shattered in a million pieces and it felt like nothing could put it back together again. I had one of my pillows over my face to muffle the sobs escaping from my mouth when all of a sudden I felt a gentle brush of fingers slide across my arm. I partially moved the pillow to look, expecting to see my mom or my dad, but I saw no one.

I sat up, confused as to who touched me. I then felt the slightest touch of a hand gently place itself on my cheek and something wipe away a tear on my face. I was so confused, but grateful to my invisible consoler.

It has been a couple months now and my heart is a little healed, I don't hurt as much as I used to, but occasionally I feel a pang of sadness. But, whenever I do feel sad, there is always this kind presence that I can feel hovering around me.

I sometimes feel something brush the hair out of my face when I am looking down, because I am crying. Or there are times I can feel a little pressure on my back like someone is giving me a reassuring pat. There was even one time where I could feel someone try to hug me. This... Entity, spirit, being, whatever you wish to call it, seems to be taller than me. Maybe this spirit is a man? Or a woman who is taller than me...?

Whether this spirit is a man or a woman. I just want it to know that I am very grateful for them during my hardships.

If you have any comments or questions, please tell me below.

Other hauntings by JustAnotherPerson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustAnotherPerson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-30)
Hello JustAnotherPerson, it is nice to hear that after couple of months you do feel better from the break-up. I should say that your ex is an unlucky person to have missed you. Take it that way. But, still I want to tell you that it is life and life is never fair. Life doesn't give us lessons but gives us tests and teaches.

Of all things you have undergone recently, the best is that there is someone from the other side to take care of you, loves you and stands by you. As missmaryo says, it could be your guardian angel or some person who loved you so much when he or she was alive. Might be your relative or a friend without expressing his/her love when the person was alive. Lucky to have such a kind of person to soothe you when you needed the most.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Justa,
I just wanted to say I hope you get over your recent breakup soon. Look at it this way, half the people your age are guys... Whole lot of fish, blah, blah.

Unfortunately, you've got to feel it before you gain experience, which is the only thing that helps you weather this sort of thing better. Be assured though, there will be others who will love you just as much or more. All the best.
missmaryo (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Seems like you have a guardian angel ❤ It's so nice to hear about a kind entity! Thank you for sharing your experience!
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
[at] Seraphina and [at] Somewhatsceptic

I do not recall anyone close to me/my family has died recently. But, my mother always talks about her great-grandma (making her my great-great-grandma) always watching over us. Maybe it was her... But the spirit who hugged me seemed taller than me and my great-great-grandma is short.

Before my parents bought out house in Traverse City, an old man owned it. But he was the one we bought it from. I will probably be doing some research about the house now, because I want to know who was there to comfort me.
Somewhatsceptic (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
JustAnotherPerson, to concur with Seraphina on all her points of love and the loving spirit, you should see if someone close to your family died or maybe some in your house or close by died maybe due to a heartbroken related incident as that seems to be when he/she seems to be here.
Very sweet story much love and luck to your broken heart.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
Hi, JustAnotherPerson. Having your heart broken is certainly a special kind of agony. Wish I could assure you that it won't ever happen again, but I'm afraid it probably will. You'll have learned something about weathering the storm from this first experience, though.

Someone from the other side must love you very much. Who do you think it is? Did you lose anyone close who might be trying to comfort you during a difficult time? Please do thank them aloud for offering you comfort.

Blessings. ~Seraphina

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: