You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadowy Figures

Real Ghost Stories

Shadowy Figures

 

This is a story about another encounter I have had with some form of spirit. This happened when I was 12 years old, about five years ago, around 2010. I was still living in Traverse City, Michigan at this time.

I had just gone to bed. I was still uneasy about my room, so I would constantly look around. The house was quiet, since my parents had gone to their room. I had started to get this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something wasn't right. For some reason, I decided to get up and open my bedroom door. I did so and then laid back down. I soon dozed off, feeling a little better about sleeping.

A while later, I woke up. It was still dark in my room. I looked around, wondering why I woke up, and that's when I saw it. A shadowy figure walk right into my room. I watched it, head half hidden in my blankets, eyes wide. Too afraid to move. This shadow was like a silhouette of a person. I couldn't tell if it was a man or woman.

The figure seemed to be flickering, its movements slow as it walked into my room and across the carpet towards my closet. It almost looked like a bunch of little pictures, kind of like stop motion. I was scared and I wanted one of my parents. So, I called out for my mother. The shadow figure stopped and turned to me. I whimpered and called out for my mother again. This time, the shadow tilted his/her head, looking at me.

It began to walk towards me and I hid underneath my blanket, shaking. I felt something brush across the top of my blanket and I held tightly onto them. I think it was trying to get to me, but I am not sure. Then, the hallway light turned on as my mother came upstairs to my room. I poked my head out from under the blankets, but the shadow figure was gone.

I never saw it again.

Other hauntings by JustAnotherPerson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, JustAnotherPerson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: