You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Weird Coincidences After Mum's Passing

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Coincidences After Mum's Passing

 

May 28th, 2015. Two days after my birthday. The day my world stopped spinning. The day my beautiful mother passed away due to a stroke.

I won't go into too much detail with that because it was such a traumatizing time in my life as I witnessed everything. I will mention that the aneurysm was on the left side of her brain as that is significant to what I'm about to tell. I also apologize in advance if my story is all over the place. The last 6 months have been such a blur to me.

At 7:30pm, I received a phone call from the hospital informing me that she had passed. Later that night (unsure of what time because it's all such a blur), after endless hours of sobbing, I was sitting in the living room with my boyfriend and all of a sudden I get a crippling pain on the left side of my brain. Like a headache but the throbbing and aching was extremely severe. It only lasted a few seconds, 20 seconds at the most. I thought that was quite a coincidence...

The next unusual event happened a couple days later. I had mum's phone sitting on the cabinet in the lounge room so I could answer any calls to inform them of her passing. It was an older style touch-screen Samsung that was locked with a pattern swipe. There were three of us in the house: my boyfriend, my best friend and I. Only my boyfriend and I knew the pattern to unlock the phone.

I came inside and walked past the phone to notice that it was unlocked. Confused, I looked around to find any cats to see if they might have stepped on the phone or something. But then I thought, how could they do the pattern? I then proceeded to call out to ask if anyone had unlocked the phone. Remember, only my boyfriend and I know the pattern. My boyfriend was sitting outside with my best friend at the time...

The third and most wacky thing happened about a few weeks later. My best friend and I decided it would be a nice day to visit a place called Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park with our dogs. We had been walking around for a good hour or so when we agreed to find a place to sit and admire the park. We came across the lake which was scattered with memorial flowers next to bronze plaques. There were a few benches along the lake and we chose to stop at the second closest for some reason.

When we sat down, my furbaby sniffed around at the plaque in front of us. To my surprise, the last name of the deceased man was 'Lewis', my mum's last name. I also noticed it was decorated with carnations, and they were my mum's favourite. The weirdness doesn't stop there!

After a half hour or so of realizing the coincidence, we decided we were ready to go. On the pathway back to the car, my best friend noticed something on the ground. As we got closer to the item, I picked it up and to my amazement, it was a broken snow globe of a Kiwi bird with "Kiwi, New Zealand" written on it. You guessed it! My mum was born and bred in New Zealand.

Tomorrow (13th of November) is my mum's birthday. The 28th of this month also marks 6 months since her passing. Maybe another unexplained coincidence will pop up? Maybe something to give me hope during this tough time.

Nothing much else has happened since besides the odd shadow figure in my peripheral every now and then. Also the unexplained bright little orbs around the house.

I'm only hoping she's still with me.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by PerfectlyDisturbed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PerfectlyDisturbed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rachness (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-07)
Hi RedWolf.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's beautifully tragic how he said goodbye. I send positive thoughts and vibes ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-30)
Rachness
Like Agua suggested relax and she will come to you in a dream. I have been having dreams of my uncle for the last two weeks. I don't know why he was popping up in my dreams. I got my answer on Friday. He died early Friday morning. He had been ill for awhile and on Thanksgiving he ushered everyone out after dinner. He went to bed and never woke up. My aunt told me he was tired of the pain and she thinks he just gave up. I told her I understood that. I wonder if he is going to pop up in my dreams anymore. I hope so.
Regards
Red
Rachness (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-20)
Hi Bushkin87 and Agua. Thank you both so much for your kindness. That is a very touching story, Agua. I have had few dreams of mum since she passed, mainly ones where it's normal and feels like she's not gone. Like she's in the background kind of thing. It's good to hear that your mum gave you some reassurance ❤
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-20)
Rachness, I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. Lost my mom 17 years ago and my Dad 9 years ago. Had a tough time too, but I want you to know this: you'll always miss them, but with time the pain will dull, then fade, and you'll be left with memories only that glow with a beautiful aura.

I believe that if you look into it, you'll find that a carnation has long been considered a symbol of a mother's undying and eternal love for her child. I believe this is thought to be the flower that Jesus ' s mother Mary left at his grave.

Don't push it. She may come to you when she's ready in a dream. I recall hoping I'd receive some sign from mom and nothing happened for a long time. One night I dreamed of her, much, much younger, in an outfit of hers I'd not even thought of in 30+ years. She was floating above a bathtub. Her lips were not moving, but she said this curious thing: "I Love you, but I can't be with you now. But know that you'll always live in my heart". I woke up crying, so happy to have seen her again. I've never understood what she meant by that,though. It seems that she should live in my heart, not me in hers. Anyway, I've read that it is not uncommon for them to visit in dreams, to look much younger than they were at death, and for them to speak without their lips moving.

I hope you found some comfort in that. Just personally, I wouldn't try to contact her, but let her come to you. You don't want to keep her bound to you on Earth. God bless your sweet soul. You'll be with her before you know it. I think the name and carnation thing was definitely your mom saying hi. ❤
Bushkin87 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
Hi Rachness, thank you for sharing such a touching story.
Im very sorry about your mothers passing.
When my mother passed I could sense her around all the time, its nice to know she is still there with you:)
And by the looks of things she is most definitely around you:) x
Rachness (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Miracles51031 - Thank you so much ❤
I'm grateful to even have experienced these signs. And I will, for sure.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
Rachness - what a truly touching story ❤ A lot of people would have ignored the signs your mum was giving you. I'm glad you recognized them for what they are. Thank you for sharing this with us and if you receive any more visits, please update us 😊 And I am sorry ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: