You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Not So Ordinary Orange Orb

Real Ghost Stories

Not So Ordinary Orange Orb

 

I know many of you are skeptical of orbs and their connection to the spirit world, I am too; however, this is an event which I experienced with my brother-in-law I believe you will find compelling.

This took place on 1 November 2002. My father-in-law had passed away around the first of August of the same year at the age of 54, so his untimely death affected my wife and her brothers pretty deeply as they were just not prepared for this to happen at this stage of their lives.

After the death of his father, my wife's older brother (she is the middle child with 2 brothers) was not ready to say goodbye to his father and he began doing a lot of reading about post death experiences, past life experiences, out of body experiences, etc. He also had begun to meditate as a method of stress reduction, and before long he decided to start dabbling with out of body experiences, but only to limited success.

Well he had called my wife on this particular evening and was telling her about his experiences with out of body experience, but she was pretty disinterested as she is quite skeptical of all things supernatural (she has had several experiences, but I think the whole concept really frightens her) so they continued talking of kids, family, etc. My wife was in our bedroom, lying in bed watching TV while talking to her brother, so I went downstairs to read in the quiet. The kids, age 6 and 2 at the time, were in bed already.

After a while, I heard my wife up puttering around and figured she was off the phone and I could now go to bed, so I read to the end of my chapter and headed upstairs. By this time, she was in bed, watching TV with the lights off.

In our house, when you arrived at the top of the stairs, there was a long hallway with the master bedroom at the far end and the kids' rooms were off either side of the hallway along with a spare room. Well I get to the top of the stairs, look down the hallway and see only the light of TV, proceed with a few more steps to look in my younger son's room and see he is sleeping, but when I turn back around, there is this bright, orange ball of light no more than 3 or 4 inches from my face. The ball is probably about 5 inches in diameter and it is just hovering there for maybe 5-10 seconds. You could see the energy in this thing just undulating around what appeared to be the surface of the object.

After the 5-10 seconds, the ball maneuvered around me into my younger son's room, moved from side to side and then over my sleeping son it paused again, then it went past me, again, into the hallway and then into my older son's room, which was almost directly across the hallway from my younger son's room. The ball went in there, moved from side to side a few times and then, again, paused over my other son. At this time it shot back to right in front of my face and then it shot back into my older son's room and straight out through the wall and was gone. All of this probably lasted for 30-45 seconds.

I did not quite know what to think. I had heard of orbs and always discounted them as nonsense. I told myself you are tired, and maybe that is all this was. I had not been drinking as it was a weeknight and I had to be up at 5:00 the next morning and I do not do drugs. So I proceeded down the hallway to my room but I made a note of the time on the alarm clock on my night stand, 10:13 pm. I proceeded to brush my teeth and get ready for bed. Once I went to bed, I told my wife what had just happened and she just laughed and said I was crazy.

Well the next afternoon, my wife calls me at work, which she doesn't do very often, and was asking my about what had happened last night and what I had seen, so I told her every detail down to the time on the clock. She was silent. I asked her if she was OK and if something else had happened. (There is always a lot of spirit activity in every home I live in, but this particular home we had problems with some malevolent forces so I got a wee bit worried.)

She finally told me her brother had called and told her of a really weird dream he had after getting off the phone with her the previous night. He 'dreamed' he had come to visit our house, which he had never been to (he lives in Kentucky, we live in CA) down to the colour of paint on the walls and the furniture in the kids' rooms. He told her he saw me as well, my face, very close up. Then he said he woke up and looked at his alarm clock which said 1:13 AM, and then he dropped a foot or more onto his bed, like he was levitating above his bed.

Now I realize this is not a ghost story, and I hope it gets published. I was really amazed at the experience and this went a long way to helping my wife finally accept my frequent experiences of paranormal/supernatural activity, for which I am very thankful. I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this and hope you enjoyed the story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Antu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Antu (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
Heya guys, sorry for not responding sooner, I've just been so bloody busy with life!

I think all of you mentioned whether I discussed this with my brother-in-law, and indeed I did! He is really frightened by anything he doesn't understand; however at the time this occurred, he was reading quite a lot of material regarding after life, near death experiences, etc., which eventually turned to astral projection. According to him, he had been attempting astral projection but he was never convinced until this event occurred. After this experience though, he become uneasy with the whole concept and has never attempted since, at least that he's willing to admit.

For me, I just thought it was really cool from the standpoint everyone's stories, time lines, and experiences meshed perfectly making it extremely difficult for me, or my missus, to dispute the paranormal.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the story. I promise I will publish more, it's just so bloody difficult to make the time!

Cheers~~Antu
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-17)
Interesting account, Antu!

As you know, I'm skeptical of orbs *unless* people witness them first-hand before attempting to record them, or if the orb clearly interacts with physical objects in a manner that -for example- a bug could not.

I'm curious: have you ever talked to your brother-in-law about astrally-projecting himself to your house on purpose? If you could arrange a specific time for him to attempt this, you could try to record his orb with your cell phone.

Take care,
Biblio.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
I'm with both you and Elrond on the orb thing but this was too intriguing to discount as a bug, dust or whatever. Have you talked about this with your brother in law? Did he mention seeing the boys? I wonder why he didn't "visit" your wife.

Must be good to know she's finally on board with you. This was very well written Antu and I look forward to reading more of your accounts.
Elrond (3 stories) (38 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Antu - Amazing story and very well-written too. It sounds to me as if you somehow witnessed your brother-in-law's out of body experience! I also do not generally credit orb experiences, but a bright orange, self-propelled orb is another thing entirely.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: