You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: People Dressed Like in the Louis XV of France Era

Real Ghost Stories

People Dressed Like in the Louis XV of France Era

 

This one would happen to me as a child in the same house where I told the story of my mom being touched while she was sleeping. I experienced a lot of things in this apartment as a child and my family members would too.

I would wake up in the middle of the night when I was about 6 or 7 years old and would not be able to go back to sleep. I would go into my parents' bedroom and try to sleep there, but would not be able to either.

In my parents room there was like a walway in the shape of an arch that would lead to the living room. I would start to see in front of me people talking to each other and at times they were yelling at each other. I remember thinking, these people must be old and they dress funny. I would see them every night. As I got older I realized that these were ghosts and they were wearing wigs and dresses like in the Louis XV of France era. I don't remember being very afraid, just startled at the fact that there was strange people in the house as everyone slept.

Then just like that, I never saw them again. Then again we moved to the house my parents bought, but I still remember them as if it was yesterday.

One other time I was helping my mom vacuum the apartment and when I would turn the vacuum on, you could hear a lot of people screaming and cursing and when you would turn it off they were gone. One day I told my mom about it and she stood there while I turned it on and she heard them as well, she was so angry because it was happening in my brother's and my bed room and she said out loud and in a angry voice tone "go away and leave us alone" and they stopped. At least for that day.

One day while we were out when we got back home, we saw that water was coming out of the apt under the door and when my dad opened the door a bunch of water came gushing out some pipe had supposedly been broken and caused the flood. The funny thing was that the pipe was never found.

Things would disappear from our house and no one but us had been in the house. My mom ended up getting pregnant with my brother, the youngest and last, and when he was born I heard her tell my dad that while she was in the house sleeping with my brother, she saw 3 little men, almost like elves, walking towards my brother's crib and they climbed up and were playing with the baby mobile. When she got up to look she just saw the toys moving by themselves.

We ended up moving from that place when my parents found the house we were looking for, but weird things did happen there. I tend to forget a few but when they come to me I will write them down to share them with all of you.

Thanks for reading!

Enjoy

Other hauntings by luvparanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Enjoyed your story. When I was about 7 or 8, I saw shadow people 3 nights in a row in our upstairs apt., and 30 years later found that my Grandmother had held many seances there, before we moved in. At that same time, my mother had an interest in ESP, and one morning saw two little (youthful) knomes standing there chatting about her; probably attracted more to her experimentation than to the presence of my baby brother. They are Earth Spirits, and usually drawn to children, witchcraft, or places of paranormal activity/strength. Usually harmless. Otherwise (though not in your case), they are thoughtforms. Beings created by children by their desire and energy. A boy may subconsciously create a leprechaun and a little girl may create a ballerina or fairie. This is TRUE. And I think, Wonderful. 😳
walangk3 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
weird...thanks for sharing it! Though what do you mean by "My mom ended up getting pregnant with my brother"? 😕
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Thank you luvparanormal, It is interesting he entities that hung out there, isn't it? It just helps me to remember that all is not what it seems. That type of clothing in Illinois is real odd. Thanks for answering!
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Whitebuffalo,
to answer your question not really sure of the history of the house. It is located on Milwaukee and Whipple in Chicago and this was many ears ago I was maybe 6 or 7 years old. I never did look into the history but then again I was too small to even think about it.
I do know that the house still stands and if my mind does not fail me it was a 3 story house old house too.
thanks
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
Illinois, huh? WHAT is the history of this house? It almost sounds like it may have been some place for theatrical productions. I would be very interested in finding that out. It all sounds extremely entertaining, to say the least. Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
I wonder if you were seeing ghosts playing out a scene with the wigs and clothing from the Louis XV France era and it really not being ghosts in your house. Like looking back in time. How that would happen in your home I don't know. That's strange! What's even more strange is the little people your Mother saw climbing into your brother's crib and playing with the mobile. Like little trolls. That's what it reminds me of. It does sound like different types of paranormal activity to me too. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
it sounds as if there was more than one type of paranormal activity occuring in that apartment, I would say residual and poltergeist at least. You seem to have a very rational and level head for the paranormal.

thanks again for sharing your experiences with us 😁 I look forward to hearing more!

God Bless! ❤
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
hey paranormal!wow!weird story0_othey sound lik poltergiests-___-never shut up and leave you alone now do they? No they don't!trust em I have a 6 year old one and boy,he's a big bundle! He would throw my lil bros stuff animals around playfully and poke me all the time. Then he would try to scare me and my friends-___-you have poltergiests I believe so.
With love,
Yuki

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: