You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Banging on the Walls

Real Ghost Stories

Banging on the Walls

 

As you all know, I have been telling you about a few things that have happened to me in the past and some recently. I have to say that the majority of the time, I am not scared except for the time that I had someone watch me while I slept (which I'm sure you all have read). Usually I try to find a more "sane" approach thinking that maybe it was this or maybe it was that. I guess the majority of us would do that but this time everything that I thought might be turned out not to be so I have no idea what it was.

On Friday I was at home with a migraine which I suffer from. I had not had one for a while but on Thursday night it started. It was so bad that on Friday I called in to work and said that I was not coming in. I did have to get up close to Lunch time to drop off my Daughter's lunch at school, since my sweet Hubby was too lazy to pack for her.

It was about 10:00am when a noise woke me up. I opened my eyes and kind of focused to where I was. For all of you that have had at least one migraine in their life know why I say this, for those of you who don't, you really can't think or focus or anything, it's like you're numb. So, I am trying to listen and wake up at the same time when I hear it again. It was like a bang and a dragging but it was as if they were doing it against a wall. At first I thought it was my dog in the kitchen playing with something. Then I heard it again and it sounded as if it were coming from upstairs in my daughter's bedroom.

I was really awake and ready to get out of bed to go see what it was it stopped. I then blew it off and took a shower, I did not hear anything or feel anything that I normally do.

On Sunday I was helping my Daughter clean her room and pickup and I did not see anything on the floor that would have made that noise. I even checked a few things and rolled them on the wall to try to figure out the noise but nothing. I often wonder if they even know that someone is in the house or that can hear and see things that they do. Kind of like the movie "The Others" (warning movie spoiler!) where they did not know they were dead and other people where now living in their house. These are things I often wonder.

I have more stories to tell I just had that one happen recently and so I decided to tell you this one.

Hope you enjoy!

Other hauntings by luvparanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Leela (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
I have the same experience. Every night between 2:30 and 4:00 am I woke up and heard banging or knocking on the only one wall or the doors. Anytime I swithced on the lamp, it stopped. Saying prayers and asking my loving deceased ones helped me.
Good luck.
crimson_wings (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
i find it funny that I just happened to stumble upon this story because I have had something similar happen to me a couple times before. Except mine always happened while I was in the shower and the house was empty. But it was always 3 nocks, no more no less, but they were louder nocks (like how you would knock on a thicker door so that the people inside hear you). It would be more understandable if my house was older but we built it ourselves and it was only a few years old. Maybe I will eventually get around to posting some of my stories.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
See, now I am going to have to see the movie "The Others..."
My Grandmother used to tell me that when you hear banging in the walls, or someone knocks on the door who is not visible to you, they are just trying to see if you would invite them in. Even if they are already in the home, for some reason she believed that you have to invite a ghost to visit you, but a spirit will move at it's own free will.
I have no idea why she thought that, and I do not really know my feelings on that whole thing, because of past experiences. It does make sense a bit if you think of ghosts and spirits as different types of entities, but if you feel they are the same it throws a monkey wrench into the machine, doesn't it?
Your belief system seems very strong, luvparanormal, and your protection seems to be even more strong. I agree with Shane, and think a blessing would do well. Thank you for your story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
As someone who use to suffer from Cluster headaches, which are similar to migranes I knew what you meant in the begining. "The others" is a good representation of how the after life could be. Who knows maybe you do have a spirit that is wandering your house that doesn't realize they have pasted on. Maybe having the house blessed or smudged could help to remove any unwanted energies from your home. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
I was just saying that if you do decide to investagate, some ghost do not know that they are dead... Like on "The Others" and I have seen them get voilent when they are asked how they died.

By The Way... I talked to someone who is christian and they said every time some thing bothers them in their house, they just recite Palms 23.

Blessed Be Ye
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
I guys thanks for all the comments. I'm not sure I understand what "evilblackwidow9" is trying to say. I just wanted to go see what was making the noise as you normaly would when you hear something. I don't think that I would even try to talk to what ever it would have been. I normally read my bible and have crosses around the house I do read the Bible outloud to my kids before their bed time but that is about it.

Kim: I still have not been able to find any history about the house but I am still searching!

Thanks to all for the comments
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
Hi Luv! I've seen that movie 'The Others'. That was a really good movie. What a turn around the end was. I wonder if this is actually how the other side feels!? We won't ever really know unless we are where they are and I don't ever want to be stuck in between anywhere! I know when no one is home but you, and the house is quiet, you start hearing all kinds of things but the bangs and drag sound, I would have to be there to hear it for myself. I couldn't imagine what 'The Others' were doing! 😊 Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
Hi, luv! Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it. You mention 'The Others', which was a really good movie. I just loved the concept of the story being shown from the perspective of the spirits.
babylon (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
i used to think that (or was always told that )bangs thumps etc were just the house settling, I know better than that now. The last house I lived in which was the worst house ever and I will get around to telling it's story. My boyfriend calls it the amittyville horror,lol.
Before I would go to sleep I always would ask archangel micheal for protection, the "things" that lived there would go nuts, banging loudly around all four walls of my room, I could feel their anger, but would keep asking for protection, they would stop when I stopped, and I never even said it out loud, so these things obviously know what you are thinking. Kewl hey! NOT 😆
But like evilblackwidow said you should be very careful. Try saying the lords prayer or something and see if it makes it start acting up, if so maybe it aint such a casper.
cheers and thanks for your story.caitlin
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
i just posted to ask what evilblackwidow is trying to say... I couldn't understand a thing shes saying...
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Not really knowing but a spirit is going through is the reason you should be extra careful(unforently you have people who don't care). If you go to check to noise, if you hear it again, Please Watch What You Say... I am not trying to be mean but I have had a few spirits get dangerously violent because someone asked how they died.

Please forget me but I do not think you are a idiot if it came across like that. Just Trying to be helpful.

Blessed Be Ye
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
I am certain the movie "The Others' is based on experiences that people have actually had. Where else would tose ideas have come from? Not that all movies have basis in fact, but this one, this one has something to it. Do you have any information on the history of the house you live in?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: