You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Now my Kids Sense It

Real Ghost Stories

Now my Kids Sense It

 

As all of you know or at least the ones that have been following the events in my new home, there has been things happening that I cannot explain or that I cannot decipher. After the last time the house had remained kind of quiet or at least so I had thought. That is until having a conversation with my son and daughter, I found out the opposite.

On Monday 11/19/07 I was getting ready to leave and go to work and as usual, I was running around trying to get the kids ready for school. Jacob is 7 and is in second grade and goes to a school close to home and Emilie is 4 and I have her in a private Christian school since it is less expensive than having her in a daycare and she is learning, so I like her being there. As you well know we are a christian family and believe in Jesus as our personal savior so my kids, although they have had their little happenings with "Ghosts", they say they are angels, at least my daughter says they are. They have never had any of them hurt them and actually they have helped them so the ones that I believe they see are the "Guardian Angel", just a small story:

I was in the garden and I was trying to get rid of weeds, when we got the house, it had a smell of cigarettes, the people that live there prior to us would smoke in the house and so of course the house had that smell penetrating in the walls and carpet. Later we had the carpets changed and walls painted with some stuff that kills the smoke smell and others and now that is gone, but at the time it was still there, so I had the windows open, including the ones in the upstairs and that is where the kids bedrooms are at. I was in the garden and something told me to look up and I see my daughter standing at the window with her head sticking out. My heart dropped, I thought she is going to fall and break her head. I told her "Emilie, sweetie why don't you come down here with mommy and help me in the garden?" I noticed that she looked back is if someone calling her and she looked back at me and then she moved away from the window. I figured she is coming down as I told her. When she got to where I was I said "Emilie I don't want to see you looking out that window, you could fall and get hurt" she looked at me and smile and said "don't worry mommy, he already told me not to because I could get hurt so that is why I came down", as if nothing, I said "oh yea who is he?" and she said "oh silly mommie my angel" and she got up and ran away. I was frozen!

So, that is why I say they are the "guardian angels" well, again back to the beginning, I was getting ready for work and I went upstairs to make sure my son had brushed his teeth and he looked at me and said "mommie you know what happened to me?" I said what? He says "I was using the bathroom and flushed the toilet and put the toilet seat down and turned to brush my teeth. I felt as if someone was next to me, when I turned around the seat was up" I looked at him and said "are you sure?" and he said "yes, mom I even put it back down and when I turned again it was up" I asked him if this was the only thing that had happened and he said no, he said that there has been other things happening and he has been hearing noises and steps and at times he wants to run down the stairs.

I sent him to bed on Sunday the day before this and he threw a fit and started crying, saying he was scared and he wanted to sleep with me. I always read the bible to them before they are put to sleep (out loud) and we pray as well. I really could not tell if he really was scared or just a tantrum so that he could go to bed with me.

I don't know guys! What do you guys think? I still can't seem to find any history on house or property.

Can anyone help me search for the background on the property or the house?

Other hauntings by luvparanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

goddie123 (3 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
kiki85748, I can sence ghost... It is wierd but ever scince I was highly injured by one I can feel there presents.
goddie123 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
well I would try ignoring it and it=f your kids stop talking about it they just wanted to sleep next to you... If they don't stop they are telling the truth.
😊
kiki85748 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
when I was six years old I was touched and seen by a ghost and I saw it ever since I could see that ghost I could see talk to and feel ghosts
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Thanks for your coment miss sherbert. My kids are doing very good and I think that they have just gotten used to it since they don't comment on it that often as they use to.
Thanks again for your comment
miss_sherbert (5 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
i really think it could be a ghost, I have had many ghost experiences. But they all seem to relax me, if the ghost trys to hurt your kids then tell them to go towards god or just stay away from your kids but if all there doing is protecting them
Then I would just let them be... ❤

Hope your kids are safe
~miss sherbert
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
I am having a problem searching the Internet about a few of our past houses, too. I am getting a lot of feedback from neighbors, though. The County Clerk office here appears to be rather busy right now with the end of year coming up and all, and have very little time to help out those of us who have problems with their search engines. But neighbors are wonderful. Where in the clerks office you read that "Mr. And Mrs. Smith owned this parcel for..." neighbors supply you with personalities, the heights and holes of their everyday lives which seem to help out quite a bit when wanting to know about negative energies, or the passing of someone in that area. I know that some of us want something more personal, while others want the more concrete forms of information, but perhaps this can help. Thank you for showing us in this story that perception is a key point in viewing the unknown. Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
I would agree with the others. You do need some tyoe of research on the home nad the property.

It doesn't sound as if any harm is coming form these 'visits' though.

Please keep us posted.
God Bless!
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Thanks for all your comments.
Babyboo; the house was built in 2001 and the people that live there before we did, I knew them. They had a bit of a past on them but, not sure how much. The ones before them I know nothing about. I have tried looking into the house but have not found anything as of yet.
I still am looking though!
BabyBoo (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
I went back and re read your other stories regarding your house. How new is the house? Just curious. Also, most counties have now put their property records online so you might be able to visit your county website and at least get some names of previous owners and google them.

I totally believe your son about the toilet seat since our ghost seems to enjoy playing with ours, too! BabyBoo
Zara_C (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Hello luvparanormal. I wish I could tell you that your son is fibbing to sleep with mommy... But I feel he is not. I experienced a lot things growing up and not having someone to speak to about this is not easy. I agree with the readers above, do your research. If it has a violent past it needs to be healed. In any case, you can do something on your own. Keep your cellphone handy though. On a rare day your home alone, sit on a chair in the middle of the house. Quietly. No tv or radio. Let the house breathe around you and LISTEN. Chances are if they is an entity(ies) they will come forth if you open your senses.

Children are suceptible to everything around them. Girls more often. Your little boy might be getting a distorted view. Good Luck 😊 ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Hi luvparanormal. Did your son or daughter ever speak of these 'guardian angels' before moving into this house? If it has only been in this house, maybe they they are not guardian angels and there's something else going on. From what I read of your story, it sounds like you think it is something other than guardian angels also. Whatever or whoever it is, is kind to your daughter. But why is it scaring your son? One reason could be that your daughter views it differently than your son because of the age and/or personality. I would definitely check the history on the house and property though. Thanks for sharing your story. Continue to keep us updated! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
You could go to your local court house and do a deed search. See who the past owners were and see if you can find out anything on them from that. Check with neighbors who have been in the area a long time and see if they know of anything. Little things like these can some times turn up a wealth of information. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: