You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: On My Way To Home At Night

Real Ghost Stories

On My Way To Home At Night

 

I don't like to see sprites, it confuse me sometimes because I am unable to identify real people and dead ones. I was a vegetarian before and I meditated a lot before. I stopped them just to stop seeing them. I protected my house from them and all I did seems to work for a while.

I don't have any problems at my house. Well, until last week I guess, because I can hear some strange sound again. Whenever I leave the house, that's when stuff normally happens. I own a shop in my home town and I open it 8.00 am and close at 8.00 pm. Because my shop not very far away from my house, I usually walk to home and enjoy it very much. But not every day is fun and here is why.

To get to my house I have to take one way road away from the main road. It's five minute walk but at night the road is very dark. There are street lamps but none of them work. I think city council got tired of replacing new lamps every day. I don't remember seeing a street lamp working more than a day. So at night it's dark.

When I walk on the road at night, I saw a girl few times. She is pretty dressed in white Victorian era dress and has beautiful curly hair. She has a kind face and every time I saw her, she is standing and watching me on the same place. Her body is transparent but from waist down, it fades just like her when I get closer. One full moon day, when I walking I saw to shadows on the ground. It comes from a two people walking in front of me but I am the only one in the road and I can see my own shadow. It scared me and I slow down a bit for whatever in front of me to go away. It disappeared to shadow of a tree and I just went home real fast.

There is a big U- turn on the main road and this one way road joins in the exact middle of the u-turn. There is bus stop built there and one night when I came home I saw this couple walking. Both are wearing white and the woman holding the flashlight. I didn't think much of it. Then it occurred to me normally in this town, it always the male have the flashlight. So I watched them again and saw them sitting on the bench of the bus stop. As I was watching a lorry passed by them and blocked my view, the lorry just drive away without slowing or stopping. When it passed me and I watched the couple again I was stunned. There was no couple anymore, just the woman wearing white, sitting on the bench. There was no place to hide for anyone and I don't think anyone can disappear in five seconds. This is the only place we got working street lamps. There is no way for him to hide.

Just two days ago I walking on the main road and saw this seven foot tall guy coming my way. We don't have many tall guys in the hometown so we know all the tall guys and where he lives. So I thought is a guy I know. I could not see his face because of the headlights of the passing vehicles, just this dark, tall guy. He was fifteen feets away from me and I looked back one second and turn to front again and I didn't saw him coming. There are no other paths to take. No any house close by. He just disappeared.

It was a scary moment. But you just get used to it. No, I don't get used to it. It scares me. My heart skips a beat every time it happens. But I just keep walking.

Other hauntings by buthaya

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buthaya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-13)
BloodEman

I am also from Kandy too. I'm sorry that it took this long to reply you. I was busy. During the last rainy season, few houses I own got damaged. Now all of them fixed and safe. Anyway, I heard about those myths too. Never seen them or met a guy that claims to saw. But some of these stories have some truth to them. I am sure you heard not to go out after 6pm if you ate oily food and did not drink water. I did go out like that few months ago and next day I woke up feeling bit of burning sensation in my shoulder. When I looked in the mirror I saw three stretch marks. Amazingly the marks vanished in few minutes after I notice them.

About that rode, anyone I know tells me it was haunted. It seems I am the one can see stuff. My friend confirmed me I can see things by testing me few weeks ago. That will be my next story. Due to privacy concerns I can't tell you the place even though I am sure you will not see anything. But it is clear to me that my ability to see ghosts getting stronger. I stopped meditating and stopped being a vegetarian just to stop seeing crazy things. It seems being normal is not meant to be for me.
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Have you tried cleaning your surroundings? If not try that first. Take a bath adding some aroma salt then light a candle every evening, I have heard that it will weaken the energy of the spirits.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Hi buthaya...

I am from Sri Lanka too... So can you please tell me the name of the city or the village? 😊 I live in Kandy and I have heard so many stories regarding various ghosts in srilanka... Such as 'pirith kota' etc... But I don't believe them as those ghosts could be just myths...

Anyway You have mentioned that you often see ghosts in a certain road... Is there a cemetry near that pathway? Have you seen the same guy in your house? What kind of sounds do you hear at home? Do you feel that voices are trying to give you a some kind of a message...?

Regards
Bloodeman
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
rookdygin,
Thank You, Yes I protected my house. Because I am a Buddhist I play Buddhist Sutra every morning and at night. It is something normally done by most Buddhist in this country. Ignoring is the best way to deal with this apart from the protections.
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Paranoid_believer,

Thank you. Yes there is another route, but compare to that and this, I take this road gladly. Actually story I posted before this one is about that road. Like you said, ignoring them helps a lot. I am getting really good at ignoring.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
Say your prayers to whomever you pray to... Ensure your home is cleansed and shielded in the method of your choosen religion, faith or belief system and do the same for yourself. It seems as if your street may, MAY be really active, so please protect yourself.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-17)
Hello buthaya, Is the road the only route you can take to your home? If it isn't i'll advice you to take another road home bcos it isn't worth the risk getting utterly scared every night if you have an alternative route OR you can consider relocating your shop so you don't have to take the same road every night. It will also do you good if you try getting used to these occurrences or just IGNORE them if that's the best you can do. I pray no harm comes your way!
Respectfully,
PB!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: