You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Malevolent Presence

Real Ghost Stories

A Malevolent Presence

 

I am a regular visitor of this website and find all your experiences and narrations fascinating. The incident I am going to tell you about happened to my in-laws last week. I hope you all can shed some light on it.

They were staying at my mother-in-law's sister's place last weekend. It is a recently constructed building and they had moved in just over a year ago. Their apartment is a huge 4-bedroom flat. My in-laws reached there in the evening and were being given a tour of the flat, when my father-in-law noticed a small door that was bolted shut from the outside. Without thinking, he opened the door. It was a small room piled up with cardboard boxes. On inquiring, they were told it was a store room. After having a look inside, my father-in-law closed the door and bolted it again, unaware of the horror that was to follow.

My in-laws were sleeping in one of the four bedrooms. Coincidentally, the bedroom was adjacent to the store room. Late at night (at around 2:30am), my father-in-law (who is normally a very sound sleeper) was woken by sounds of someone banging repeatedly on the door. He sat up in shock and looked towards the door. Now, the bedroom door was actually a solid wooden door, but suddenly it seemed translucent. And he could see two shadows on the other side of the door. One was of a woman, who had her hand raised (as someone would when they were knocking on doors). Beside her was a shadow of a man. Initially, he thought it was someone from the house and called out their names. No one answered. The shadows remained. The woman seemed to put her hands above her eyes, as though peering in to see inside. My father-in-law woke my mother-in-law and asked her to look at the door. But, by then, the shadows had vanished and the door had gone back to its opaque, wooden self. My mother-in-law hadn't heard anything. Thinking that it may be been a hallucination, they went back to sleep. After an hour or so, he heard loud banging on the door again and saw the same shadows. Panicking, he woke his wife again to find that they had disappeared. Needless to say, he didn't get much sleep afterwards.

In the morning, he related his experiences to the family, and to his surprise, found that strange things had been happening in that house. People falling ill was a common phenomenon. Disturbingly, they had also found scratch marks on pictures of Gods a few days ago. This leads me to believe that there is something really malevolent inside the house. I also think the store room door opening triggered the events that followed in the night. We found out that there was once a school at the same place where the building has been built.

All in all, there is a palpable sense of negative energy there. My father-in-law did not believe in the paranormal but last week's events have made a mark. What do you guys think? Any comments/suggestions would be most welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abhi8686, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-10-09)
Hi Abhi,

Somehow I managed to miss this when it was first posted, so I've only now read it thanks to Dshenai's comment.

I can only imagine these door knockers wished to alert your FIL about something, question is what. 😕 I agree with Rook, doesn't sound 'evil' so far, and digging into the history should give you some answers.
Keep an open mind that the store door may not be connected to what occurred. Sometimes we can get stuck on the wrong details and miss the obvious.

Dshenai, where did you hear males were more powerful manipulators?
dshenai (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-09)
Can you please elaborate what was thw female tryin to do apart from banging d door? Remember a male presence is far more dangerous than a female it has higher abilities of manipulation
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-31)
Is there ANY chance that the scratches on the pictures could have happened during the move into the new Flat and simply were not noticed until these 'events' began to happen?

I ask that simple question because none of the experiences you describe sound particularly malevolent in nature.

A question concerning the storage area door...Was/is it common practice to keep it locked or was the lock put in place after 'events' began to happen with-in the Flat? If after, how was the phenomenon traced back to the storage area?

I whole heartedly agree about checking the properties history... A school has been mentioned, but what was there before that... Or what happened in this area before the school was built?

I suggest a Journal. A journal helps... It allows for information to be gathered and comparisons over time can be made. Any events/experiences that match actually history are easier to spot and this helps in figuring out what may be going on.

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
abhi

I would suggest that your aunt have the house cleansed and blessed. Rookdygin has a cleansing/shielding on his profile page that many members have used and had great success if she would like to use that.

Regards
Red
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Really good points by shelby (ownership of damaged items) and ashar (affected area limited to one domicile in the building).
The latter gets me thinking. Are incidents of a single flat within a block of flats being affected common? That would be extremely localised and would suggest that the entity draws a mental line of demarcation that aligns to a set component of components of the structure. Maybe linked to its own feelings of territory when alive?
Predator (1 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Hi Abhi,

It appears that, the ghost was released from the lock in the store room by your father-in-law, as the lock was more than just a physical lock and its presence is causing illness. You should get the store room inspected by a psychic or a good priest, before things worsen further. By the way which god/goddess picture was scratched?
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-28)
The translucent door sounds like a residual haunt. There could be other reasons besides the paranormal for the scratches and the illnesses.

It's possible that what's happening in the apartment is connected to a previous building once on the site. Researching the land is the first place to start to get answers.

If your MIL's sister is interested in getting answers, she could put video cameras or audio recorders in the bedroom your FIL slept in and the room where the pictures were scratched. That might give her an idea what's going on in the apartment.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-28)
A creapy experience. An opaque door being transparent and a woman looking into it is really creapy. I think you should find the history of the flat rather than the place on which its built because if it was so then the whole apartment would have been haunted.

Thanks for sharing!
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
Did the damaged item belong to the owners, or did they find it when they moved in? If it belonged to the in-laws, and an accident has been ruled out, the specific deity damaged may hold a clue. Broken marriage, bad health, etc.

A not ghost related reason for falling ill may be due to the building being not entirely up to code. Someone may have reused material from the previous building to cut costs, which could pose health issues unknown to tenants. I don't know if building codes are enforced where you are.

The problem with building on the same spot over and over again is you never know if what you have is from the current building or echos from older buildings that used to be on the same site.

Sounds like the shadow people were snooping around trying to figure out who was sleeping in their room. Any idea what were in the boxes?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: