You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Wandering Malevolent Spirit In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Wandering Malevolent Spirit In My Home

 

Good day to all YGS readers and commentators. The incident that I'm about to share happened some time last year. All my experiences won't be posted in order so please bear with me as I submit stories at random that has happened in my life until date.

This story starts of with the same weird dream my mum was having which would lead her to wake up screaming. In this dream all of our family members would be under a huge tree praying and this man would come and grab her from behind and tell her to "Stop praying. I'm too strong for your prayers", It was the same dream that she had for almost a week.

My mum has sort of a sixth sense or a feeling when something isn't right (and she's always correct, but I'll get into those other stories at another time) so she asked my cousin if he could come over and see if anything is wrong at home (my cousin has divine vision where he goes into a trance like state, sort of a spiritual possession by our gods and goddesses).

So he came over and started blessing the house and then told us that a wandering spirit comes and goes from our house at night and watches us while we sleep. And also that it came through an open window (that would be my fault because I did, in fact, leave the kitchen window open over night. I didn't say anything because my mum would have a fit).

This spirit was not a good one and had very ill intent. We were also told that it was after another life and that by me mistakenly leaving the window open over night I had unintentionally invited it into our house. But after we blessed our house and were given limes to place by each door way and window we haven't had any bad experiences since then.

Other hauntings by Rajine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rajine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-24)
Thank you I am relaxing when I get a chance to, yes there's plenty of really interesting experiences others have on this site.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-24)
Rajine,
Thanks for explaining further.
Sounds like your family are gifted.
I'm slowly going through members situations and have come across some very interesting one's.
This one of yours is fascinating because I have reoccurring dreams too like your mum.
Try and get some rest my friend. Even it's spasmodically.🛌😴💤
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-24)
In our beliefs, certain people are blessed with being able to go into a trance, there's only a handful of people who have this sort of powers, like my cousin he also has divine possession of different gods, we have many different God's and goddesses for each aspect of life, a goddess of wealth, of education, warrior like God's and goddesses, guardian deities, gods related to the planetary system, of strength and courage.

But apart from that we also believe in ancestor worship, in fact that is more important than anything else.
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-24)
Hi CrimsonTopaz

It's always good to make new friends, well South Africa is like any other place in the world, but I have to admit the crime rate is quite high, we are currently experiencing winter but in my city of Durban it's not really cold, like right now even though it's cloudy and it rained and even had a thunderstorm at 8am it's a bit humid, I've tried almost everything for my insomnia but nothing seems to work, guess I just have to keep trying 😆.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
Rajine my new friend,
Good to see you again. South Africa is so far away from Australia. What's it like? It's easy enough to lookup weather online but it doesn't give you an insight to how a place is.
Yes, the world has many things going on.
I'm sorry to read you can't sleep. Have you tried a chamomile tea? I'm not a medical or health professional so I'm unable to help you with sugestions there. I hope that area of your life improves.
When I read in this article that your cousin has powers of divine vision where he goes into a trance. I was fascinated. He is occupied by spiritual possession by your gods and goddesses? That's amazing Rajine. Tell me more. What gods and goddesses? My religion sounds different to yours, so I'd like to know.
Take care and get some rest my friend.
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
Hi again CrimsonTopaz

Yes there's so much happening all around us, stuff we see and hear, sometimes feel, it's both exciting and scary.

Here in South Africa it's almost 3am and I can't seem to go to sleep.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
Rajine,
You're my first reply on YGS. I have been reading a few situations on here and there's so much going on in people's lives. There must be 1000s and 1000s of encounters on here. I'll never get through them all. 😕
I have a couple of favourites so far and I might just start with reading them.
Rise and shine for me. Time to get started with all my Saturday jobs. 😕
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
Hi CrimsonTopaz

It's not necessary but I get your point 😁, one thing I learned is that one should never have fear.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-22)
Heya Rajine -
I've starting reading your situations and find them interesting.
I might have to close my windows after reading this.
Faye.👵
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-02)
Rajine,

Thank you for clarifying. I thought some of the details had to do with custom. I always appreciate learning new customs and beliefs here.

I was going to ask about leaving a window open when it's warm outside, but I suppose the limes and protection would enable you to do so. Thanks again for the clarification. 😊
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-02)
Hello everyone just to clarify somethings for you guys, yes in our belief system spirits can either attach itself to a person or also enter through door ways n open windows. In our hindu custom lime is used to ward of any negative spirit. We keep it in our vehicles and door ways and windows to prevent any harmful entity from entering a place.

[at] lady glow: I'm not sure what that was but as long as its not inside all is good, the spirit was basically a wandering spirit looking to attach itself to someone... And yes once now that the house is blessed we can sleep with every thing open. But rather not due to the high crime rate here in South Africa.

[at] curiousdee: in the hindu faith sometimes people are blessed with what we call a trance (divine possession) the different gods n goddesses are said to speak through that person and not many people are lucky to have this.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-01)
Hello Rajine, If some more details about this incident were provided then it would have been better.
However, in subcontinant, it is very comman for people to hang lemon and chillies wovenup in a cotton thread to ward off negative energies, black magic and also to avoid misfortune. They sometime also knock boat nail over their main door for warding off malevolent spirits etc.

If an aggressive/ malevolent spirit had to come inside any house, maybe it would not just resorted to open windows.

Although in sleep, as I have heard and felt to some extent that in this condition, although it also depends on the consciousness and will power and it vary from person to person, human brain's ability to see things increases. Someone takes it to right direction and some had bad and negative impact on them.

Please no offense ment. Thanks for sharing your mom's experience with us.

Regards
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-01)
Hi Rajine,

I'm interested in your cousin's divine vision, and possession by gods and goddesses... Is this a type of mediumship, belief, or...? I haven't heard of these practices; such as a window being open can cause spirits to enter or limes being placed in doorways. I'm genuinely curious.

Hoping you can provide some clarification, thank you 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-01)
Hello Rajine.

I imagine your cousin is what I'd call a medium.

Did your cousin say where the spirit came from and where it went after the blessing and the placement of the limes?
Does it mean that it is still around and could enter your place again if not taking the due precautions?

Would it be possible to leave the windows open during the night as long as there's some protective limes around? - I hope there's a way to cut down the costs of the hidro bills. 😐
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-01)
Rajine,

This is really scary. The fact that it had bad intentions for you and your family scares me even more. You were lucky for having someone to come and help you.

Thanks for sharing!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-05-01)
Limes? I knew they taste good. Now I know they can protect me too.

Odd though about leaving a window open being all the invitation an entity needs to come into a dwelling. I must look into that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: