You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Saw A Full-length Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw A Full-length Ghost

 

One night I laid down to go to sleep. Maybe after 10 minutes I turned over, then I saw what I thought was my girlfriend standing next to some shelves. I hollered out, "What are you looking for honey?" No response.

The room was mostly dark but did have some light coming in the room, enough to see an image. After no response again, I reach over and turn the lights on. Then I couldn't say or do anything, frozen, speechless, petrified. Now I'm looking at a full length woman ghost. She was turned sideways and all she kept doing was moving her head and arms left to right and her hands were like turning or switching sides or rotating palm up/palm down as if she the ghost was trying to find something or just checking out the stuff on the shelves. She made the exact same movement for as long as I watched her, which was around 10 to 20 minutes. It kind of looked like she was stuck doing the same thing over and over.

She looked like maybe 5 feet five inches high estimated, hair length was mid or lower back. Her dress which was like a frosty white gown that went all the way to the floor with like some faded gray within it.

After watching her every move I thought I was dreaming so I looked to another part of the room everything looked normal, then look back at the ghost. I did this several times and I could not move and was petrified so after 20 minutes or so I was scared so I just pulled the sheets up and turned away from looking at her and went to sleep.

Sometimes I still feel a presence of someone, and now I keep night lights on in my bedroom. This happened around 2012-2014.

David Easterling

Jacksonville, FL 32244

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DavidEasterling, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dommy321 (5 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-07)
Here in buffalo NY at the train terminal is supposedly haunted, so a few of my friends decided wed go check this out. We went around midnight and after a while I was the first to notice at the top of the tower we saw a glowing green ghost of a hanged man, slowly he started drifting off part by part legs, thigh's, torso, and lastly his head...
Monty998 (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-03)
I am not understanding anything vyashnavi is saying. Is it just me?
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-03)
I agree with you Redwolf about residual haunting.
Hence voted to give you +1 karma.
And as stated by others try to find history of your house.
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-03)
OMG
This was truely frightening. I can't imagine about it creeps me out to think whatever she was doing. A ghost frantically trying to find something in your room. If you ever feel scared due to unknown reasons try chanting your God's name, pray to them for your safety. I am telling you this because it has worked for me whenever I am scared I chant God's name and it stops sometimes it so happens that you may not be able to speak in that situation, that time you can just think of God and mentally pray to him. Don't worry.
Vyshnavi (3 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-08-31)
Hi David!

AS all commented Myself have some common questions with them...

Even though the ghost knew that a human is present inside the room, and once the human starts staring at it:
1. It might have done any paranormal action to bash you go out of its way
2. It should have flown out of the room (Something like disappearance)

But it has not done both, except continuously doing the same activity. May be she belong to that land/ property before, so that it is prefixed not to go out of the house.

One more question is that whether it has noticed that you are present in the room?

Since it was performing the same activity, that may be the posture of which she had faced her death. May be she was trying to find something without anyone noticing her. Or might have been signalling you about some fishy photos or something present there and it might make some sort of help to her.

Did you ask what your girl friend was doing at that time? Because you have to share this with your wife since she has to be alarmed during nights not to go alone.

And the way you described the visitor was like she belongs to some where around some 60's and 70's.

Just a suggestion to hang the cross along all the rooms of your house, and request your church priest to bless the house...

Hope for the best!
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
It definitely sounds like a residual haunt. I doubt it's her presence you're feeling sometimes. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
properperspective (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
Hello DavidEasterling,
I am a paranormal researcher, and I have a strange request to ask of you. I would like to know if the apparition which you was looking at was genuinely 3 dimensional or could it have been 2 dimensional when it presented its actions to you?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
David,
If you see her doing the same thing over and over and she doesn't deviate at all even if you try to distract her then she is a residual haunt. A residual haunt is like a recording (like a hologram for a lack of better words) of a person and they are not aware of you.
As others have suggested try to get the history of your house and property.
Regards
Red
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
I agree with the other commenters on looking further into the history of the residence, although something in the shelves could be causing her anxiety too.

Do you have her family Bible? Do you have her favorite book? Or an old book with a message to her she may have lost?

I wonder if she is looking for legal documents like marriage/death certificates or land ownership papers. She may have gotten into a property disput as a widow or something, and is looking for proof of land ownership.

Whatever it is, it seems urgent. I know that's an oxymoron, since she's long overdo with whatever she's looking for, but it may need looking into anyway.

If you stand right where she stood and leaned over right where she did, put your hands up just like her, what do you see?

I suspect the length of time she appeared meant something along the lines of 'look at me, see how I stand, this is important right here. I'm going to stand here until you see where I am. Remember me standing right here like this.'

Maybe she's a relative showing you something of value on the shelf you didn't know about. This ring is actually from the 1700's, or something like that.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Hi, David, and welcome to YGS!

I'm afraid I'm going to hit you with a whole bunch of questions that occurred to me as I was reading your narrative. [Please understand that I'm asking these questions because I completely believe your account of the events you've described, and my mind tends to fire off questions for details when something really odd or interesting has my attention.]

How much do you know about the history of your home? Did it serve in some capacity other than (or in addition to) a private residence? Is it a newer home built upon the site of an earlier structure?

When you think about her grey dress, was it Victorian (bustle, elbow-length bell sleeves) or early 20th century (high collar, puffy shoulders, long sleeves)? It doesn't sound like post WWII, as hemlines did approach the lower shin at several points in the 50s & 60s, but not floor-length (my wife's better at fashion history than I am, but she's working on her lesson plans for school at the moment).

When you recall the spirit's motions, is it possible you glimpsed a research librarian checking files, an accountant verifying documents, an operator connecting calls, or a developer applying wash to a customer's photographs?

Did she acknowledge your presence in any way? Did she seem intent and focused upon her task, or was she daydreaming/bored/irritated?

I'm really curious about this, especially since you were able to turn away from this manifestation in your room and to go to sleep; I don't know that I'd have been comfortable doing that!

Best,
Biblio.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
DavidEasterling--It truly sounds like you had an experience with an apparition. Your account reminds me of many I have read of over the years. It does seem like this apparition was repeating some long ago action, especially as it seemed quite unaware of your presence.

Two things stand out in your account. The first is the duration the figure stood there repeating its actions and the second is that you were able to just fall back asleep while the figure was still there. Actually, it might be that the apparition drained some of your energy which allowed you to drift off. You write that you still occasionally sense a presence. Some research into the history of your house might reveal some details that could shed a light on your experience. You provide no information about the age of your house but a bit of investigation might reveal some clues. It would be well worth your time and might help solve the mystery of your spectral visitor.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: