You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma Was With Me

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Was With Me

 

My amazing Grandmother got sick. Her kidneys stop working, so they started her on Dialysis. It wasn't going very well, so she wasn't able to leave the hospital. Family members were going to start taking shifts to spend a day with her at the hospital. I was so excited for my day. It was on a Monday and I got a call on Saturday that she passed. I never got my special day with her.

I have always wanted my Grandmother to show that she was with me after she had passed away. I would ask for a sign. I was very close to her.

One day the sign I asked for came! A few years after her death, I was putting up Christmas decorations. I was taking out all the Christmas music boxes that she had given me throughout the years and placed them on the kitchen table. My family and I went downstairs to decorate the tree.

After we were done, we were all hanging out downstairs. I decided to head up stairs and started putting lights up and I said "Grandma, if you are here with me now, please give me a sign" which I have asked tons of time before. One of the music boxes on the table in the other room started playing a song loud and clear. I felt this rush of emotions go through me. My daughter walks up the stairs... She asked, "Mom, why are you crying?" I said, "Grandma is with us today!" I do believe it was my Grandma that played that for me to let me know she is with me. That was the one and only time.

I am a very black and white person and I know in the spiritual world you need to see gray. Does anyone know how I can bring down these walls, so I can have more experiences like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lisabag, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
It seems (in my case anyway) deceased family members tend to 'whisper' rather than 'shout' at me.

My great grandpa on mom's side talks via dreams - my grandpa on dad's side pops in every once in a while (feelings/scents), and now thinking about it, grandma (dad's) mom seems to help me remember holidays, odd as that is.

I can't point to a corner and say 'there's grandma,' it's more like I remember them SO CLEARLY and can't get them out of my head type thing. I think if that happens to you, you can rest easy - they don't want to interfere, they just want to check in.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
Ofcause, you are lucky enough to get a signal from your grandma. That shows how much she tried to prove that she is with you and loves you so much...
I hope you get your grandma signals again 😳
Takecare.

Regards
lisabag (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Thank you for your insight. I guess I will just cherish this one moment I had with her after her passing.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Hi Lisabag,
Welcome to YGS and sharing your story.
So sorry for your grandma.
And about your question, there are no walls between us and them dear,
Maybe she is not able to answer you, but she is trying her best to do that, because according to my point of view, souls who are good at heart don't have that much power to prove that they still exist in this world.
And other souls like someone evil, they have way to much power then good one.
I don't know if I have satisfied you with my answer to your question. But looking forward to help you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: