You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Childhood Ghost Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Childhood Ghost Experiences

 

There are many stories I want to post here but I will start with my first few experiences with the paranormal.

First: I will write the word "cousin" a lot but they are actually my great-cousins. It's already a little confusing so I tried to make it easier by just writing "cousin"!

I never thought about paranormal stuff much when I was younger and I wasn't really interested in it either. Until that one time I visited my cousins.

To give a little description of their surroundings: they lived in a big house in the middle of a forest surrounded by moor and they had a huge farm there. There were no other neighbors living nearby. They also told me that many years ago another house used to be standing where theirs was now, which unfortunately burned down.

My mom and I were staying there for about four weeks during my summer vacation and nothing happened up until the second week. One of my cousins and I were staying in her room, which was in the attic, listening to music. The room was in complete darkness since we were supposed to be sleeping (we were around the age of 10 back then). We were both staring out of her window at that time, looking at the stars, when all of a sudden a very bright light appeared and filled out the whole window. At first we were in shock and didn't say anything until it was gone. The light only lasted for a few seconds though. Like the little scared kids we were, we ran downstairs to my already sleeping mom and woke her to tell her what happened. She only brushed it off as a "summer lightning" or something like that. This, however, didn't calm us down and we ended up sleeping in the living room that day.

The next day we also told my aunt about the light and she said that something similar happened to her a few weeks ago and that she also heard a loud buzzing sound while the light was there.

After that incident the paranormal activity seemed to increase somehow. Two days after the light in the window, my biggest cousin told us that she lost a bowl in her room. She said that she ate chips out of it and then went into town and when she got back it was gone. At first she accused us (my other cousin and me) of hiding it but we were too scared to go upstairs (her room was also in the attic, right next to the one the first incident happened in) to do that. Later that day she found the bowl. It was in her cupboard underneath her clothing which was balancing on top of it. Nobody knows how it got there.

Another thing disappeared a few days later. One of my tops was gone and later we found it underneath a table, neatly folded.

When being alone in the attic it felt like you were being watched and it was very cold in a few spots of the rooms up there. I never felt comfortable staying there alone for too long.

When my oldest cousin moved out of the house, my youngest cousin got her room in the attic. Nothing spectacular happened except that one time. We all sat in the kitchen eating breakfast when my small cousin came in and said she saw a boy in her room during the night. We all asked what he looked like and what he was doing there because we thought it was a dream. She said that he was looking through her CD's and that he was a little taller than her. She couldn't make out other features. When we asked her what she did when she saw him, she just told us that she went back to sleep.

I wanted to believe that it was a dream but when my oldest cousin told me years later that she also saw a boy in her room a few times, I was kind of convinced that it might be a ghost or something like that. What do you think?

My oldest cousin also told me that she used to try out her Ouija board with her friends sometimes. There are still a few other things that happened in that room particularly. The radio was playing even so no one turned it on. There were also a lot of cold spots in there and sometimes weird smells that I cannot really describe.

The last thing I remember is something my aunt experienced. My cousin's grandma, who was living in a little apartment on the ground floor, died in the house. After the funeral my aunt cleaned the apartment and got all her belongings out. She told me that she heard the voice of their grandma in her head and that she was feeling like she was being yelled at. She got a feeling of dread and was so terrified that she ran out and tripped over a little fence on the grass. She fell but didn't hurt herself that much. She was sure that the grandma wanted to tell her something and later on she found out that her husband was cheating on her.

I don't know what exactly was going on in that house but something definitely was there.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ConfusingxRain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ConfusingxRain (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
So...first of all; thank you all for taking the time to read my story and sorry for my late reply (I'm in the middle of my finals right now!).

RANDYM and brettscharff - Haha, glad I'm not the only one with the cousin "problem" 😆!

So I looked up Ball Lightning and I can't definetely say if it was something like that. It really just looked like someone turned on a spotlight just to turn if off again a few seconds later. Kind of hard to explain!
I thought a lot about whether they simply misplaced the things. But I can't think of a good reason why she would put a bowl inside her cupboard (even so it is possible, you're right!).

CookieDhusia - Hello! Yes, it could've been a spirit trying to leave a message! Though I'll probably never have any contact to that particular one anymore (if it actually was one) since my cousins moved out. And I'm not really sure if I would be brave enough to try and contact whatever might be there with me! But if I do, I'll let you know and I won't do it on my own!

GinaFowler and Scotsguy - Thank you for sharing your stories with me! I see that there are some similarities. Maybe it really was the boy my cousin saw that night, who hid the things and whose presence we were feeling. I guess I will never truly know what it was! Just wanted to share this experience. C:

Thank you all for your nice comments! They were really helpful and eye-opening. I'll make sure to post the few other experiences I had soon! C:
Scotsguy (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-16)
Quite an interesting read. I have had a few experiences with ghosts/spirits though I've just joined I cannot post at the moment my own story which was very real. Anyway I feel that maybe they were just trying to show themselves a little for some reason, though sounds like they intended no harm to you. I have personally seen two ghosts in full view Plain as day like looking at a person (though clearly different). My second one was last year in may 2015. Only myself and my mother stay in the house which is around 130 years old. I was getting organised to go too work and went to open the door to our front room to get something when I had an urge to stop just as I put my hand on the handle and I looked to my left into the kitchen. Plain as day a ghost was standing in the kitchen almost like it was leaning against a wall and after two or three seconds it just moved and walked across the kitchen out of my view (as a wall is on the right). To say I was stunned was an understatement I walked straight into the kitchen right away but no one or nothing was around. This ghost/spirit was totally in a black colour but not like clothing or naked skin, it is hard to describe how it appeared. At this time I was awaiting news for something going on with my business and later that day I received great news that I was hoping for. Coincidental I know but I think it showed itself maybe to say good news was coming. I've never seen it again but if I wake up in the early hours for the toilet I'm always fully aware and looking around just incase I see it again. Also I felt no fear from this spirit at all with no feeling or indication of any bad intent from it. Just thought I would share this with you
GinaFowler (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-07)
Confusingxrain,
I found your story interesting and eerily similar to experiences I had in the haunted house I grew up in. The items going missing and then reappearing in oddball places. You can read my story "The Disappearing Doll" for just one example. Here's another quick one though just to explain that a rational explanation can't be found for the things that happen. When me and my twin sister were about 10-11 years old, our Aunt, Uncle and Cousin (around 5-6 years old) moved in. Mama and Daddy worked until about 8:00 PM every night so my Aunt would start supper for everyone. Me, my twin and our cousin was down the hall, playing in our room. One night, our Aunt marched down the hallway, opened the bedroom door and demanded to know what we had done with her dishrag! We explained that we hadn't even been in the kitchen, much less touched the rag. She said she had it on the counter by the stove and when she turned around it was gone. She just knew that one us had 'snuck' in there and took it. She even called Mama complaining that we wouldn't leave her alone while she was cooking. Our Aunt stayed upset the rest of the night with us, though she eventually got over it. About a month later, they were moving out. Mama was going through some of her old dishes to send with them for their fresh start in a new place. In the bottom cabinet, in the very back part of the cabinet, Mama had some pots that were stacked inside of each other. While separating the pots to see which one she wanted, my Aunt found the dishrag. It was in the bottom pot with the medium one sitting on top of it. It was still folded, just like she had it. Mama simply looked at her and said, "I told you the girls didn't do it". I've always suspected a ghostly child was in the house and more or less playing hide and seek with our things. I suspect something similar was in the attic with you, specially since a little boy was seen. Thanks again for your story, I really enjoyed it.
CookieDhusia (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-07)
Hello, by the things that I could understand, I would say that the spirit is just trying to show it's presence and trying to pass on a message to you guys about a past experience, I guess it does not mean any harm, because if it would, it would have harmed you a long time back. Also, if you feel something like that again, you might prefer making contact with it THROUGH A SAFE MEDIUM and ask it what it actually wants

Regards

Cookie (its my nickname) 😊
brettscharff (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-29)
I agree with old Randy Travis down there. Very interesting story and I can definitely see how this would be quite intriguing to a youngster.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-29)
Hello Confusingxrain and welcome.

I uderstand the whole "cousin" thing.
I'm from Kentucky where family trees can look a twisted jungle.
In fact, I may be my own cousin. 😆

For some reason my first thought about the light may be what
Is known as Ball Lighting. You can Google that and see if it's anything like what you remember. Just a possibility.

As for the bowl
People can and do misplace items all the time and get convinced
Someone else moved them because they forgot where they put it.

All of the things you mentioned could have a rational explanation

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying something paranormal didn't happen or trying to make light of your experiences, just that you should rule out everything else first and see what's left.

Hope you continue to share

Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: