You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Don't Think It Likes Me Much

Real Ghost Stories

I Don't Think It Likes Me Much

 

This is my first time on YGS and my first story so I hope you all enjoy. I don't claim to have much knowledge in the paranormal however I am extremely interested in it. This was my first ever experience that could be possibly paranormal. Perhaps not. Please let me know what you think.

I got with my boyfriend in may 2013, he lived with his parents in a small council house in a village. I ended up moving in after a year or so and strange things would happen. I'd be in the bathroom having a shower with the curtain pulled across and I'd hear someone open the door and come in. I thought it could've been my boyfriend or his mum using the toilet so I called out hello? No reply. Then the tap turned on at the sink so I pulled the curtain back -nobody there. Weird but not necessarily ghostly.

Another time my boyfriend's parents were on holiday. At the time I didn't have a job so on a morning I would go downstairs to help make my boyfriends pack up then wait for him to go to work before returning to bed. To get to the kitchen you have to walk through the living room which has a big TV on the wall. Now, on a night time if you came down for a drink or snack when you walked past the TV it would be off. By the time you walked back to go upstairs it would be on. Spooky but possibly explainable. So this one morning I had the TV on and was listening to a Calvin Harris mash. Waited to see my boyfriend off and turned the TV off and went back to bed for a bit. Took the dog with me etc. About twenty minutes later I hear Calvin Harris playing downstairs -the TV was on!

I've walked into my boyfriend's bedroom before and he has curtains that go right to the floor in front of his window. He stands behind these to roll a ciggie sometimes. I could see the shape of someone standing there one day so I said "I can see you Mark" thinking he was going to jump out at me. I heard him laugh then went over to punch him and my hand went straight through, no one was behind the curtain! Then he came through the door. Needless to say that definitely scared me.

We have been sat in the living room watching TV before and the kitchen light has turned on itself. Heard the hallway lights clicking and gone and checked and the lights are off. But things mainly happen when I'm on my own - hence why I think it doesn't like me much.

The scariest experience was when I came back one night quite late from a night out. Got into bed and I heard a slight tapping. I thought it might be my boyfriends mum hearing me get in so I said hello? No answer so I just put it down to the dog in parents room shaking his head and his collar tapping on the wall so shrugged it off. I closed my eyes and suddenly BANG BANG BANG three huge bangs. That was awful.

I feel quite afraid in this house (I'm a bit of a wimp) and I can never shake the feeling somebody's watching me. This could all just be because I'm paranoid and afraid though haha!

So I'd love to hear some opinions from you guys! Sorry if my story isn't great I'm a newbie, thank you so much for reading and hope to hear from some of you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lostheartsx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pandora_PDX (23 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
Unplug the TV's when they leave. If it's still doing it, then I'd start freaking out lol.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
Dear Lostheartsx,

I have something to share with you. It happened about 20 years ago, in our newly built home. I designed our house for my family on property that was an old olive grove. There was an occurrence that sort of reminds me of your story.

We had 4 tv sets in the house. One in the living room, 2 in bedrooms, and the last in my painting studio. The bedrooms were at the end of the hallway, and you had to go down it and pass by the studio to get to them. It started by me going down the hall noticing that the studio tv was on. I thought I had merely forgotten to turn it off. It began happening frequently. Almost every day it was on when I hadn't even been in the studio. I kept thinking it was me, that I was having some sort of a lapse or something. Then one day it snapped on right before my eyes! The volume seemed to be turned up as well. Louder than I had ever needed it to be. I complained to my husband, so he began to pay attention to it. He would notice it on when I wasn't even home. Creepy.

He tore that tv up looking for a cause. It turned out to be the cable box malfunctioning! Boy, was I relieved! Perhaps it is something similar going on like that. Good luck!

❤ Mother of Beagles
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-09)
Hi there Losthearts,

With the TV I wonder if there's some kind of timer function responsible, that's the only non-paranormal thing I could come up with. The banging could be vermin or maybe even plumbing, same with the tap turning on for that matter. Was the door snibbed shut when you were showering? Wondered if an overhead fan was causing the door to swing open otherwise.
These things could all be paranormal, but I wanted to give you some debunking possibilities too. I can understand why you feel intimidated. Does this happen to anyone else?

We have a go to ritual on here for getting rid of pesky ghosts and negative atmospheres. I recommend you give it a try, scroll down the page to 'Rook's Cleansing' for instructions.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Thanks for sharing. Do you have any idea why 'it' wouldn't like you? For example do you have purple hair, loads of tatts and a face full of piercings? Sometimes I wonder with these kinds of haunts if it's some old fashioned stick in the mud ghost who doesn't think kindly of cultures differing from their own. 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: