You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: I Am Confused

Real Ghost Stories

I Am Confused

 

I am writing this story to ask you guys what you think. I am 19 years old and since I can remember, I have felt there's definitely something there. I say this because I have not felt like it was a threat or something I should be bothered about (sorry guys if my english is bad I have been studying turkish fully for 3 years).

When my gran died, these feelings became stronger. I could feel her there with me, beside me I would feel a hand on my shoulder or a sudden rush of cold sweep over me, but it felt good, I would feel protected, I knew she was there. Then one day came a real shock, I was sent to bed early, I can't remember why mum was at work and dad was looking after us. I hated my dad, he abused us for many years, I was crying my eyes out when I noticed in the corner of the room opposite my bed a lady sitting, rocking. She didn't seem like a threat, she was just rocking, watching me. I shut my eyes hoping not see it and when I opened my eyes it was gone.

A couple of years later my mum finally decided to leave my dad and as we were packing up our stuff, I came across old family photos, one of them stunned me, the photo was of a lady on a rocking chair outside an old irish cottage. The lady was the one I saw that night years ago. I asked my mum who she was. The photo must be 80-90 years old, my mum wasn't sure, she was definitely my mum's great gran but from which side of her family she doesn't know. I told her I saw her one night briefly when I was young, she believed me because the reason she has the photo is because she too was haunted by this lady on many occasions and a family member gave her the photo to verify who she was. Another occasion, before I was due to dance at the world championships in belfast 2001, my mum and sister were in the main bedroom, I was downstairs with my brother, all of a sudden my stereo started blasting. I ran upstairs and switched it off, we were shocked, how could my stereo switch itself on, turn up its volume and play the 21st track REACH FOR THE STARS by S club 7. My mum convinced me it was someone from the other side letting me know before the competition to reach for the stars, to try my hardest and don't doubt myself.

I had other experiences during that period as well, but I won't bore you guys. After my mum left my dad, I had the biggest teenage tantrum for years, so I completely forgot about everything but now that I have my life back on track, I have started noticing things again, but it seems I am more in tune with these happenings then normal. On about 5 different occasions, in the last 6 months, I have been able to tell when something bad will happen, something totally unexpected, like the death of my husband's uncle. I told my husband the night before I felt something bad was going to happen, I couldn't say what but something was giving me this feeling that something bad was going to occur, it did 6 hours later, my husbands uncle passed away.

On another occasion, out of the blue one day, I got all emotional, I felt I was going to lose my mum, I was hysterical for no reason (I live in turkey, my mum lives in the uk) then I got it into my head she was trying to kill herself, I was sure that's what she was doing. Days later my mum called, she was fine. 1 month later she came to visit, she told me one month before she took pills and vodka and tried to end her life. I wasn't sure why I was shocked!

Then one night, we were out in the town and I burst out, I felt like there will be an earthquake, I don't no why, it just came over me. Everyone laughed but the next day I was right there was a massive earthquake in japan 7.8. Another time I was at home and all of a sudden I felt depressed, I felt something was going to happen, but I couldn't stop it. The next day, 20 soldiers were killed in an accident.

When my mum came to stay 2 months ago, she told me she felt someone was in my home. One night she got completely hysterical she said there was a women standing over me all the time. I got angry and told my mum to leave.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

girlheldtightdown201 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
wow, that's amazing, it's sad but good that you can feel what might happen but it does seem like it would be a lot of pressure to deal with, The lady might have been a sign of protection to calm you. Good story. 😊
Lasieus (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
i've had those feelings too. Those strong feelings that tells you that something is going to happen. Me and my friends refer to them as gut feelings. We do try to stop them when we can, however, most of the times, when it really happens, we have no idea when and where. So its hard to do much. But we try to prevent those that we can as much as possible. Maybe you can try to do so too.

as for tha last part, your mom's worried for your safety. Do be careful, unless you truly and strongly feel that that entity around you means no harm. It does feel good to know that there is something or someone watching over and watching out for you.

=)

-Lasieus
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
congratuations!if you have a sense that something bad is going to happen try to write down all the bad things that could possibly happen. Then try and stop them.
go see a phsciatrist to ask him/her questions of why you got this unusual power.

p.s I wish I had that sort of power!

good luck! ❤ 😆 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
Oh honey, your Mama was only trying to protect you from something she couldn't understand. SHE is supposed to be your protector, not all of these women she sees around you that she does not even know. Enough scolding. 😊
I'm curious, after you lost your cool and yelled at your mom and then told her to leave (is that how it really happened?), and the light in the fixture blew, did you FEEL anything else at that point?
I anxiously await your reply. Thank you for this story.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
Hi, katie. Thanks for replying to me. It's clearer now. I kind of thought that maybe you weren't in full control of yourself. I still think you have some very difficult things to deal with and I think it's very possible you were sensing the turmoil that was going on. I hope you can find a way to get a handle on this gift (or curse, I guess, depending how you look at it). I'm sorry, I don't know how to go about it though. It's sad that you have to deal with so many premonitions of tragic events.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
I have often heard that when young people have turmoil and hard ship as you have described with your father growing up, his may make them more in tune to the paranormal. This may be what is occuring for. Instead of asking your mum to leave, ask her to talk with you about this, to share with you. You have stated that she has had experiences comparable to yours. Perhaps, she can understand.

God Bless!
katie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
thanks guys its nice to be contacted by understanding people you are real true friends thankyou for your comments if anyone can help me to understand my ability I would be grateful for your help xxxxxxx ❤
katie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
reply to Bellissima ❤
i acted like that because my mum told me something which sometimes I doubted and sometimes I believed she broke news to me that shocked me. In fact I really don't no why I acted like that I don't think it was me. After the light blew I didn't no what was happening. I am thinking that something was telling my mum to leave because back in the uk my father was applying for custody over my younger brother and sister I was picking up those feelings not knowing how to use them. ❤
katie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
😁 ❤ hey guys the end to my story was at that moment when I got angry and asked my mum and who ever else was there to leave I switched on my living room light and it blew up do you think this happened because I was rejecting my power or something else I am so confused xxx
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
hay katie I agree with cupcake that you can sence when bad things are going to happen. And you shoul help other people.



~~Amy~~
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Hi katie. You are really dealing with a lot of things that you seem to have no control over. I'm wondering why your Mom got so hysterical and why you got so angry and asked her to leave. Were you afraid of what she was telling you? Or did you feel out of control over your actions? I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you, I just don't know what to say.
jjjjjjj005 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Hi Katie, Seems you are definitely clairvoyant. I know it feels strange but it is good and you do seem to have a spirit watching over you. Please do not be mad at your mom, but try to explain to her that you have a spirit watching over you. You yourself should focus on developing your sensitivity and using it as you can to help people.

blessings, Jeanne
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
You are a clarevoient now I beleive. You sense when bad things will happen. Use your new power to help others and save lives. I hope this helps!
~~
YUKI

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: