You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Confused

Real Ghost Stories

Confused

 

My name is Lauren and I want to start off with a little background. The house that I live in used to be my grandparent's house. (They are still alive and live down the road now). When I used to stay here when I was little I would not have any paranormal experiences. Ever since I have moved here with my mother in the summer of 2004, I have had paranormal experiences that are very strong. We have a finished basement and that seems to be the part of our house that we try to avoid. This tends to be hard because our house is a split level and all of our laundry is done downstairs and our railings open right up into the basement. There are bad feelings, hair stands up and everything when I walk down the steps into that room. One week my mom and I felt like we couldn't finish walking down the stairs because it seemed something was going to hurt us. We saged the house hoping that would help and it did for about a week.

When I had my friend Katie over, we were putting groceries away in the pantry and we returned upstairs. When we were talking in the living room we heard crashing downstairs and when we went downstairs we saw everything that we put away lined up in a circle in the dead center of the pantry. Another experience is I was in the Jacuzzi tub in the basement I saw a black shadow walk right through the bathroom I was in, it was about an inch away from me. Another time I was in the pantry, I heard a man say hello in a very deep voice in my left ear. It did not startle me I just was not sure what I should say back. When we bring things up from the basement that were my great grandparents, I watch shadows walk from my room to my mom's room which are right across the hall from each other. I have also had many people who have stayed in my house say they see a very tall man walking in my hallway and standing in my doorway and he tips his hat at them.

Back when we first moved in, a music box on our baker's rack of Depression glass went off and the rocking chair began slowly rocking. At that same moment I had felt a sense of sadness and begin to cry very hard.

One specific night I was having a small party about ten of my closest friends. I had my emf detector out and on in the hallway. We were in the kitchen and heard it going off we quickly ran to the hallway and started taking pictures on all of our cell phones and in the pictures there was a very clear white apparition. Another night not too long after that I was laying in my bed about to go to sleep and my mother was in her room snoring when down the hall I see the bathroom light turn on all on its own.

The worst part of all of this was recently I had acl reconstructive surgery. My boyfriend has been sleeping in the living room with me on our couches to help take care of me. One night while he was not able to be in the living room with me, I was dozing off, I heard someone breathing heavily over my head and then I felt my hand being pulled up into the air like someone trying to hold my hand. I screamed and sat straight up.

I have always had contact with a paranormal being in every house that I have stayed in. All the houses that my father has lived in, I have seen and heard spirits. I stayed at my friend's house one time and had a dream about a man in a coffin in the living room when I woke up I told her about it and she said the man that lived there before her killed his family and himself in their living room and that there are still blood stains under the carpet.

Is it just me having some sort of connection with the dead or is it just my house that I live in now?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurengeorge, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
I going to have to ask... Is there any way that you can post the pictures that were taken?

I agree with both Pjod and sds. You and your mom are probably sensitive to the paranormal. I would also check out if there are high EMF energies in your basement.

If you feel unsafe with certain spirits, I suggest using Rook's cleansing method. I have personally used it and know it works.

I have some questions for you:
(1) Has your boyfriend experienced anything while in your house?

(2) Has any other members experienced anything in the house?

(3) You mentioned that your grandparents lived in the house before. Ask them for the history of the house and see what happened in the house?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Hi laurengeorge, I feel that you are sensitive enough to experience, feel or see paranormal entities or spirits. The encounters you have in the house, it seems to me that there is some guarding spirit or angel protecting you. I feel that is the reason why your hand was lifted when your boy friend was not present just to make you feel that there is somebody protecting you besides your boy friend. I don't think there is any need for any worry. Well, to clarify, why don't you ask your grandparents if they had any paranormal experiences or encounters in the house, when they lived in the place.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
One reason for the "feelings" associated within the basement, could be a concentration of high EMF... Which is very common in many cellars.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: