You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The 7th Floor Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The 7th Floor Ghost

 

I have worked security at a major hotel near the airport for 15 years now, and when I first got here I was told to watch out for a ghost on the 7th floor. I was told he likes to make his presence known at random times. Some of the older employees say it's one of the engineers (maintenance workers) who loved his job so much that he likes to hang around. At first I thought they were trying to scare the noob, because I didn't see, hear, or feel anything for months after I started. I did eventually run across him a couple times, and both times I was working graveyard shift.

I started out on grave shift, and worked it for a good couple of years. You can say it was where we all started as a proving ground for all noobs. Of course since we are security, we have to do rounds to make sure everything is safe, people are not murdering each other and of course the lewd acts that randomly happen at hotels. You hear and see all kinds of things while working on grave. Almost all of it can be explained though. The sights, the sounds, the interactions, and sometimes the smells can be... Overwhelming sometimes. There's also the fact that sometimes, no matter how nice the hotel, someone dies. I've had it happen on my shift 2 times that I can count. It's happened a couple times to the other guys I work with too. But that is just part of the job.

When walking the hallways you notice things like doors that creak when you walk by. Especially me since I'm 6'4" 200 lbs. One night a few months after I started though, I think the ghost made it's presence known to me. I was doing a patrol on the 7th floor, when I was walking by one of the vending machine rooms. They are small rooms that have a soda machine, and an ice machine. After a few months you start getting used to the sound of the ice machines kicking in and people getting the drinks out of the machines, stuff like that. This night, as I was walking toward the vending machine room, I heard someone popping quarters into the machine. As I got closer I heard the soda drop down. Being that it's also one of my jobs to greet guests every time I see them I come around the entryway expecting to greet the guest on my way by. There was no-one there. These rooms are not big enough for someone to hide in, and there is no room for someone to squeeze beside the machines. I kept an eye on my back the rest of the night though. It felt like someone was following me. But only when I was on the 7th floor.

The second time I think I encountered him, it was during renovation a few months ago. The hotel was going through a few month long renovation, and the 7th floor was already complete at the time. The Atrium of the hotel wasn't finished yet so all of the elevator balcony doors were closed to keep the noise level down. The relevance of this is, I was sent up to the floor to help someone get into their room. One of my co-workers, a Vietnamese gentleman was just on his way out, and clocking as I headed up. We passed each other, and said our 'see ya laters,' and I headed up the elevators to help the guests. When I got out on the 7th floor though, I heard, in the exact accent, right down to his slight lisp "Jason!" in a loud whisper come from my right. It sounded like it was a few feet away, but the doors to the balcony were closed. The weird thing is, I also heard guests down the hallway to my left, and none of them had an accent even close to Vietnamese, or a lisp. I checked the doors real quick, no-one was on the balcony, and quickly went to help the guest.

Jeez. I didn't think I'd even have enough in these accounts to make the minimum to post. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Cersed240

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cersed240, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-02)
Sorry it's been a while since I kept up with the site. The hotel itself was built where there used to be a smaller hotel. I have seen a few deaths myself on the property. I've been here 15 years after all, it's hard not too, including a murder. That one I was the first responder to.

I don't know if this has anything to do with, or if I've told this before. The hotel was built in 1988. It was finished just a few months before the 1989 earthquake. When the quake hit, there was a hotel across the street. The water tower on top busted, and fell down the elevator shaft and killed several people. It's a good chance that has some to do with the activity in the area.

Cerse.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-09)
Ah...I know this happens, my friends have a clip like this; A camera man taking a video in an old house, no, the house is not abandon there were an old couple in the house. The camera man was talking to a child but in the video it was just the corner of the wall, the video ended in a strange way, he was talking and was in the middle of a conversation with somebody, no, we cannot hear anyone else except the camera man. My friends said that the camera man was their uncle (they are twin brothers) whom was an investigator, and he told them the reason the video ended that way is because it drained. Their uncle was talking to the old couple's unborn child... Not too strange after all I guess.

I do understand how you guys will want to make a joke of it. I want to do more experiments on taking videos of spirits too, but the thing is I guess I had never really seen a spirit on my own eyes. LOL

Cheers!

E.Lynx
Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-08)
Hey Roylynx.

So far there hasn't been any reports of anything malicious. One of the guys who used to work with us even saw some children playing in the back hallways. He berated them, and told them to get out. On camera he was talking to nothing. He could have been joking, but he didn't think it funny when we were joking around with him. He was a pretty stand up guy too. In fact he introduced me to my wife.

I never know how to end these. Lol.
Cerse.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Cersed240; Thanks for replying! So there are historical evidences? That's good work! That would help us a lot easier to understand the whole encounter. Sad to know some tragic happened there but you know as you dig deeper the more you might understand the situation, remember that spirits were once a man (woman) too. Do not run away or blind yourself considering those as "evilness". Cheers!

E.Lynx
Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
To Mythem.

As far as I know, there were no deadly staff accidents at the hotel.

To Fergie.

I agree. I don't think he's malicious. I kind of think his calling my name like that is more of an acceptance, that I've been here long enough to have earned his approval. At the time it startled the hell out of me though.

To Roylynx.

I that is a little creepy. We did have a guest call and say there was a man standing at the foot of the bed. When an Agent responded, there was no one there. I think it might have been a shadow person. As I said there have been a few deaths here. I've responded to a few of them. I haven't been able to find any verifiable evidence of what went on in the distant past though.

Thanks again.
Cerse.
Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Thanks for all the replies. The hotel was built in the late 80's. Before that it was a smaller hotel by the same owners. It was completed shortly before the 89 earthquake. Across the street there was another hotel, and when the quake hit, the water tower gave way, and fell down the elevator shaft killing several people, and destroying the hotel in the process.

As for the ghost on the 7th floor, the old timers around here call him George. They say he loved his job so much, that even though he died off property, he came back to watch over the hotel.

There are several rumors, like there used to be a ranch house or farm house a long time ago. Unfortunately all the history I can find is about the area and city.

Once again thank you for reading.
Cerse.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Cersed, thank you for posting your narrative, may it be the first of many.

Strangely, I am not bothered by any spirits that visit me in my own home, but sure as hell, it would bother me to meet up with one in the workplace.
I don't think your 7th floor ghost is malicious though. Maybe he is just going about his usual routine as a staff member and you just happened to catch him at it.
mythem (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Like roylynx commented, the history of the place really does help. You might want to do some research on any staff accidents that happened at the hotel. Some people love their job so much, they decide to stick around. Even after they're dead. And don't skip out at looking at the death toll of your hotel. You mentioned a number of room-renters' deaths had occured there. Some poor souls can't seem to leave the place they died in. Some don't even know they've died. I think all this spirit needs is some help to move one. I think all ghosts do, but not a lot of people have the guts to help them (including myself, I must admit). But maybe YOU do, so why not give it a try?

Best of luck,
Mythem
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Oh gosh! Graveyard Shift could horrific in old hotels!
Do you know any history or any accident happened there?

Well, I used to work in a hotel during only graveyard hours, you know old days part timers lol.

Staff there used to say that room number 1580, the hotel's suite room, will be visited by a lady with white dress. I am not sure if it was true at all.

I never had any experience there, but a female staff who used to work with me always says that, she will receive calls from room number 1580, complaining that they kept hearing someone crying in their bathroom.

An old staff told the female staff not to bother the complaints anymore, because the hotel had already stopped selling room number 1580 for years. Well, this already sound like a ghost story from a novel lol

Well, I asked the old staff about to rumors and the backgrounds of the hotel, and he told me that the hotel used to be a house for a very wealthy Portuguese family they have several servants and maids to work for them, and they were running a family business for sweets and deserts. The family had a daughter and was said to have an accident while visiting friends during a Christmas evening. Her funeral was never held since the house is always busy.

One day her parents heard someone crying in their daughter's room, and realize that it was their own daughter... The house had become a hotel later on and that room number 1580 is said to be the room of that family's daughter.

You know, backgrounds and histories like that does help a lot.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: