You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Noises And Movements?

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Noises And Movements?

 

Around a week ago, at roughly 1 o'clock at night, I was woken up by a strange tapping. It was a fast paced tap with a tinny/metallic ring to it. I sat up, attempting to locate the source of the noise. It continued as I held my breath to get a better sense of the origins. After no more than a minute I realised the tapping came from my room. More precisely my desk. I have one of those "Newton's Cradle" as a time passer on my desk - which ultimately was the source of the noise. The cradle seemed to have a lot of strength as though started by a human. I stood in awe of the event for just over two minutes and the cradle did not lose energy. In the end, I stopped the ball from connecting and went back to bed.

Then two nights later, at 2:27am (I looked this time) the tapping began again. This time, I got up and stopped the cradle and mockingly said "Very funny spirit!" and went back to bed. An hour later a dull hum sounded, waking me up and I looked around for the source. The hum continued for roughly half an hour until a slight crash sounded on my desk. I once again got up to investigate the cradle to find it knocked over on the desk and my notebook open and a bend in the page. I was spooked! I had no idea what to do until I eventually apologised to the spirit for my previous sarcastic comment. I returned to bed but did not sleep that night. The humming died down and nothing else happened.

There has been no other incidences other than chills and a few movements of stationary but I'm asking, "What is happening?" "Why is it happening?" And "Can I make it stop?"

Your comments will mean a lot to me, thank you.

Other hauntings by Experience-PaS

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Experience-PaS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-29)
Just a thought - you mentioned a humming sound... Could there be a thing anywhere near you that might be producing an electro magnetic field? Sometimes it can be fairly surprising just what appliances can do so whether they are malfunctioning or not. But if the balls on the cradle are made of a metal that reacts to magnetic fields... That could be the ticket.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-06)
Hey Experience-PaS!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Paranormal encounters don't happen often so when they do, the experience can be a frightful one. However, I am a very firm believer in trusting your insides about things, "is this a good thing I am doing?" "I really do not like the look of what I saw, it gave me shivers". On the other side of the coin, don't let your emotions hinder what you feel and think you were experiencing.

Tweeds interpretation makes good sense. You will be surprised what the mind can do, if; you are under stress, troubled, grieving or riled. If it's not something you are experiencing because you are bummed out, it could be a bored ghost and to quote Tweed one more time "Whatever the case it sounds kind of polite, doing it when he/she thinks you're asleep."
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
RCRuskin; Hope it helped!

Trentinray; Well, most of my information firstly came from Japanese TV shows and DVDs; some might be old school knowledge. Well, of course not just by watching me and my friends do records of people whom experienced paranormal activities, I included information from this site. In most noticeable stories I will firstly ask what time did the whole experience happen, and most will set time around 2am past to 4am-ish. Well, recently I realize that the "time zone" or what I describe as "the Gate" is not important, since spirits would appear whenever it finds a "trigger", like some would appear the time they passed away, some occasionally during silent moments of the day, some would even appear noon time. But really there are several stories that described that they have encountered the spirit around 2am to 4am time, in Asian believes (Chinese?), they call this time zone "the Time of an OX", Ushimitsu-toki, the Asian zodiac order, you know the 12 animals, its only me calling it "time when the gate of the spirits will open". If you are curious there are some websites in English for more information, it's quite fun reading about different culture and believes! Have a search;)

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
Hi Experience Pas,

A ghost mucking about with things on your desk sounds like a bored ghost. Would it be possible you've been under a lot of stress lately? Any negative stuff or people around you? My hunch is someone's keeping an eye on things, or someone you live with. Maybe there's a need to keep 'bad' stuff away at the moment. I don't mean Scooby Doo villains, just negative whatevers. Anyway, they might get bored when everyone's gone to bed.
Maybe leave a note pad and pen on your desk, see if they don't interact with that. Sounds like they might have been trying to write something. Or maybe Newton's Cradle is a means for them to test their physical world interactions. Whatever the case it sounds kind of polite, doing it when he/she thinks you're asleep. The humming I'd say is some kind of energy build up. If not that a street light, they hum sometimes, the humming might be a coincidence
.

If you'd rather it stop you can perform a cleansing/shielding. But it will only work on negativity, if this is a good guy, they'll probably stick around. Still a good idea regardless.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-05)
Experience Pas,

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing.

First off I am going to say that there is no such thing as a particular
Time that "gates open, portals open, the Witching Hour and such.
Sorry to disagree Roylynx.
The reason that paranormal things "appear" to increase during those times is that the world is quieter and most times we are quieter
Thus our senses are picking up information that normally gets drowned
Out during the daytime hours when we are hustling and bustling about.
Sometime during the middle of the night if your awake just lay still,
Close your eyes and listen to your environment. You may be amazed at
How many little noises you hear. Those same noises can happen all through the day. We just don't notice them because our minds are racing about and the world is racing about.

As for your experience I would always try and seek a logical explanation first. The paranormal should be your last resort.

Having said all of that let me add that you could have rubbed a spirit the wrong way. I have a very dear friend who had a small piece of plaster flung at him with spot on accuracy after he been being a
Smart arse during a research investigation. In short, he deserved it.
The first thing he did was apologize and relations improved greatly.
We must always remember that those living on the other side of death
Were just like us at one time and they still are just like us only they now lack a body. Plus they have a much greater understanding of dying and crossing over than we will ever have until it happens to us.
I can tell you this. One of the greatest mistake a lot of
"ghost hunters" do is to start asking stuff like, can you make a noise, can you say something, can you, can you, can you,...
They are not circus performers that are there for our entertainment.
I sure wouldn't want someone following me around going can you?

Sorry, I got on a roll there. To much caffeine and sugar tonight. LOL

To try and answer your question about what you can do.
Start a notebook and write down events that you can't explain right away. Look for a pattern. See if an event happens after you have done something. That sort of thing.
If you don't want it around then tell it to leave. Tell it that its your place now and you wish to be left alone.
Look up Rook's (YGS member) method for cleansing and shielding.
Do not show fear because YOU are in charge. You set the rules.
Oh, one last thing. Don't take any advice for the paranormal shows on TV.
It is "Hollywood paranormal" and full of wrong information.

Please keep us informed if you don't mind about how things go.

Have a great day
Randy
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
roylynx- there is a spirit gate that opens between 2 and 4 am? I have never heard that, where is the info from?
Experience-PaS- I would probably document time, day, and event if it continues. It helps your recall later, and noticing patterns. Anything going on, or happen lately? Any recent people passing?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Roy, a very interesting theory, and I suppose it is probable.

Mazzmarach, you might make a good troubleshooter. 😊

First question I would ask whenever someone came to me with a problem: did it ever work? If it did work, I ask what changed since it last worked?

One question additional I have here: how long were you residing in the house, Experience, before these events began?
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Ahoy!

Have you checked the history of the house? Did you bring in something new? Have you set some ground rules for your stay? A little more info if you please; from what I gather, your ghost was curious about this fascinating new toy and was denied its enjoyment of it so it threw a tantrum.

Smooth sailing,
Mazz
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Interesting one, would the Newton's Cradle move alone occasionally? I have information about the time and places where paranormal activities would be active, most of the reports that I have would say that spirits would be active between 2am to 4am, "time when the gate of the spirits will open" that what I will call it. Positions and directions do affect too, I don't have a proper report for that but some information I have says its northern or western part of the house.

One thing that you can try doing is changing the atmosphere, like re-arranging your furniture. You can re-arrange your desk, move it around and if it still happens, the room itself might be the "gate" so move out of the room perhaps?

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: