You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone Was In Our Apartments!

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Was In Our Apartments!

 

This is two stories from our time in Malta.

This first is when we were in our hotel apartment. We'd been there about 10 days. It was about 11:00 at night and we were exhausted from the heat and the busy day we'd had. It was October 2016 and was still 30 degrees c (86 F) and being English we're not used to that kind of heat lol. Anyway, we'd been asleep roughly 30 minutes when I heard my fiancé leap out of bed and yell "What the hell are you doing?!" I heard a man's voice, thick with a foreign accent which was neither Maltese or English, say "Sorry! Sorry!" With that, my fiancée came back into the room, whereby this point I had leapt out of bed, heart hammering in my chest, feeling scared and confused. He told me that someone had just been in our room.

He threw on his clothes and said he was going to reception to ask what was going on and why this man was in our room. He returned a couple of minutes later with the guy from the reception desk and showed him what had gone on. It turns out that this man had used a key to enter our room. The guy from reception said he didn't understand how, as we had the only key to this room and that the other was a master key which was still behind the reception desk. He told us that no one had been past him in reception.

My fiancé was adamant he had been in our room and I confirmed I'd heard him talking to my fiancé... The reception guy ran up and down the stairs trying to find this man but couldn't find anyone... Subsequently, the hotel changed our locks.

We spoke to the guy on reception a couple of nights later and he said he hadn't seen anyone fitting the description my fiancé had given. The weird thing is, there's no way he could have gotten in. We made sure that door was locked every night and I know for a fact that it was locked because I locked it myself!

The second is in a different apartment in Malta down the south of the island in a small town call Birzebbuga (pronounced Beerzeebuja for everyone not fluent in Maltese lol). So, we'd decided to stay and try to make a life for ourselves in Malta... It's a beautiful island with lovely people and we loved it. We found our apartment and moved in right after our stay at the hotel in the north of the island was over. We loved our little apartment... It was everything we'd expected and we'd fallen in love with it on viewing.

We'd been in the apartment for a couple of days when I told my fiancé I could feel someone there with us. He just laughed and said "Not again, Jenni!" Our place in the UK was haunted and I'd forever tell him "Oh, 'Phylis' is here, she's touching my arm." Or she's stood behind me.

One day, I was sat in our living room when I saw a women dressed in black walk across the apartment and into our spare bedroom and disappeared. I told my fiancé and, of course, this freaked him out. I also kept seeing a cat wondering around.

I saw the women quite frequently, but she never interacted with us. I think she was more a residual spirit. Again there's no way she could have gotten into our apartment, we were on the 3rd floor and the front door was one of those Yale like locks, the kind that can only be opened from the outside with a key.

The woman freaked out my fiancé so much he had to put a desk lamp in the kitchen to cast a little light.

When we've been somewhere that has a particularly haunted history, he'll always ask if I can 'feel' anything, sometimes the answer is yes, other times no. But he knows I can feel them.

We're back in the UK now and back under the watchful eye of Phylis.

Other hauntings by Jennilou87

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jennilou87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-10)
Hi Jennilou87:

With the hotel, I think it could be possible that there was an additional key, perhaps an ex-employee or a current employee that thought the room was vacant & was going to use it for themselves.

Now the apartment, that's very different, but it does sound like a residual haunting - doing the same thing over & over with no interaction.

Thanks for sharing!
Jennilou87 (6 stories) (19 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-06)
I feel bad for the "guy" in our hotel apartment, my other half sleeps naked, so when he leapt out of bed to confront him, he was fully nude! He is 6ft tall and very muscular. He's enough to scare anyone while he's full dressed and annoyed, let alone starkers as well! 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Jennilou - it's one thing to be in your own home and see "someone" else there. Knowing no one could have gotten in without a key or having broken in, it is easier to accept the idea you have a ghost. But it's quite another thing to be in a hotel and there be a stranger in your room. I would have immediately thought, as did your fiance, someone had broken into your room. That would have been enough for me to leave that hotel LOL

Ghosts I don't mind. Living people, not as much 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: