You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Noise From The Locked House

Real Ghost Stories

Noise From The Locked House

 

I live in an government quarters/colony so basically it is an apartment, each floor has 4 houses. My neighbor shifted her house last week due to some family problems, I didn't have much information about it, but after husband passed away last November we noticed many weird things happening like she and her daughters shouting at middle of the night or keeping the door open throughout the night (weekly once my dad goes for night shift and his shift get over only by 2 or 3 am, that is when both my mom and dad noticed their door being opened and they all being awake and it was the same for more than 3 weeks).

Fast forward after they left, last week when I was talking over the phone outside my house around 11pm, I heard this loud bashing noise from the next door. Which made my heart skip a beat literally because technically the house is empty and there is nothing inside the house and no bird or animal can make that noise. It sounded like someone bashing on the door from the inside. I went inside my house and told mom about it and she said something fishy is happening in that house, that's the reason my neighbor shifted but it wasn't convincing to me. I told the same story to dad and he was also keen to know what's happening inside.

They gave their house key to my dad and asked him to return it at the workplace but my dad keeps forgetting to hand it over so we thought why not we go in and check. As usual mom didn't approve it but still we did it. I asked my dad to go in first and the electricity was still working and nothing is abnormal, everything looks fine. I checked the backside of the door and I was shocked, I saw left-hand palm trace on it. Since the door was covered with dust it was easy to notice and informed dad the same and he was speechless. We both went out, closed the door and told the same to mom and she was like you should have listened to me, what if something followed you blah,blah,blah.

Am scared to stay alone at my place now, I can't erase from my memory about what I saw. Do you think I should talk to that aunt and find what's going on? Help please.

Other hauntings by RanGv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RanGv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RanGv (3 stories) (6 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-23)
Hello guys,

Sorry for the late reply. The last few months many things have changed, I have changed my house and now definitely I can say that this house is much more peaceful (touchwood). I will write a follow-up incidents in the coming days.

Out of the 4 houses- 2 houses are occupied by air hostess so they are closed most of the time and on the 3rd floor out of 4 /2 houses are vacant which are exactly above are mine and my neighbour house. But now I can tell you that its not only me who experienced the unexplainable incidents, but also by the new residents who stayed in the same house.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-09)
I agree with Lady-glow - I think more investigation is needed before this is deemed paranormal. Your neighbors' domestic discord may have been purely organic - a death in the family generates stressful emotions, which can then lead to arguments especially if her daughters are in or approaching their teen years.

The crashing sound may well have come from another unit - sounds travel strangely in apartment buildings.

The hand mark on the door glass may have come from very earthly tenants - perhaps something had been on their hand when they touched the door that repelled the grime.

If it makes you feel more comfortable - I second Lady-glow's suggestion of some form of blessing or cleansing of the space according to your beliefs before a new tenant moves in. Meantime, ask questions of your neighbors and see what they think.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-03)
Hello RanGv, welcome to YGS. I agree with lady-glow. You should discuss with your neighbours. The noise you have heard might have come from above also. In the silence of the night, I meant about 11 p.m., any such noise would have scared you.

Then, you can discuss with your dad's colleague also about the experience and noise you have heard. You can ask the family why they kept the door open and why they couldn't sleep and why they shifted the quarters.

Discuss with your neighbours and seek their experiences, if any. Share it with us.

But, my advise is that BE BOLD. That is most important if you experience any paranormal activity. Else if and only if, there is a bad spirit, it may drain away your energy and it would feed itself to more activities. Take to cleansing, as Lady-glow suggested.

Please do respond. By the way, I would like to know where do you reside, in which part of the Country, State, City or Town.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-01)
Hello RanGv.

Are you sure the hand print wasn't already on the door surface before you entered the apartment?
Since there's four units on each floor, have you considered the chance of the noise coming from one of the other apartments, perhaps an echo?
Do you know if any of the other tenants have hear/experienced anything unusual in the empty unit?

It would be a good idea to talk to that family, though there's no guarantee that they will be open to discuss if they were dealing with paranormal activity.

Since your family is in possession of the house key, why not to try a cleansing ritual of the place before someone else moves into it?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: