You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: My Niece

Real Ghost Stories

My Niece

 

I've mentioned that I already moved back to our house in my hometown in my previous story "the virtual entity". Our house is newly built, we moved here last 2014.

I have a niece and a nephew who love staying in my room. One day my niece was in my room and we were playing with my make up. She noticed that I have a dream catcher hanging on my AC, I bought it in Baguio City. (I attached 2 photos of my room so you'll have an idea)

She asked me to give it to her because it's her favorite color and no one has ever given her a dream catcher. She also told me that maybe bad dreams would go away if I give it to her. I agreed and she immediately went to their room and showed it to her mom. (Our house has 4 bedrooms upstairs and 3 downstairs which includes maid's room and driver's room). In the Philippines it's pretty normal to have extended families at home.

Few days after giving the dream catcher, my niece's mom (my sister-in-law) went to my room and asked me to get the dream catcher, she told me she doesn't want to touch it. She then told me what my niece have been experiencing after I gave the dream catcher.

My Niece

"Loca, mula nung binigay mo ung dream catcher sa kanya lagi na syang nagsasabi na may anino daw sa banyo namin tsaka sa walk in closet. Nung minsan naman may nakita syang paa daw sa closet. Kunin mo na to ayoko ng hawakan" (Loca, ever since you gave her the dream catcher, she started seeing shadows in our bathroom and walk-in closet. She even told me she saw a pair of feet in our closet. Get it now, I don't want to touch it.) said my sister-in-law.

I put the dream catcher back in my room. Few days after my sister-in-law talked to me, I went in their room to ask if my niece still sees the shadow, she said my niece hasn't told her anything after I removed the dream catcher from their room.

I thought the shadow would stop bothering her, yesterday (01/22) afternoon, my niece stayed in my room again and watched cartoons, she told me she wants to go to her mommy because she wants to have some snack, my niece is turning 5 this March. I told her she can go back to their room, but she told me 'Ayoko punta alone, may shadow dun sa room ni tito' (I don't want to go back alone, there's a shadow in uncle's room). I told her, "No baby, shadows aren't real" then she told me that they were. She asked me to accompany her "Hatid mo na ako kase takot sila sayo, yung shadow ayaw sayo, kasi sabi nila lalaban mo daw sila" (Please accompany me back to our room, the shadows don't like you, shadow told me that you fight them).

I was shocked by this, maybe it was just her imagination. But sometimes she cries because of the shadows and it scares her. I'm scared for my niece. I told her parents to visit a priest and have my niece blessed.

Other hauntings by The_Banker

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Banker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pink496 (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-05)
I really enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing it with us. Always go with your gut feeling because it will be right most likely. Good luck to you and your family. 😊
The_Banker (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
I've attached the photo of my room. As you can see it's not that eerie looking.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Banker;

"it differs depending on what I see." Sounds about right. A great many shadows apparently just cary on with their own business -whatever that might be- and leave people alone.

The "negative" experiences tend to occur when someone who can see them starts to stare at them. Watching the shadows attracts the attention of negative shadow people and they start to become a regular phenomenon in that person's life.

Lady-glow is right, " It is very important for you to focus on the way these shadows make you feel." Go with your gut instinct; it may not make sense to you at the time, but your own instinctive response will be your safest guide. There is a reason that human beings still have instincts and hunches: trust them.

Best,
Biblio.
The_Banker (5 stories) (16 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Hi lady,

I'm scared of the shadows, often times I ignore them but sometimes they show themselves as dark solid figures and those are the shadows that scare me. Sometimes I feel sad when I see them, sometimes scared. I don't really have one emotion when I see them, it differs depending on what I see.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
The_Banker:
"... I've also read some articles about the shadows, some say they are part of the parallel universe, other articles say that they are people dear to us, but the scariest part says they are evil."

Yes, there's a lot of information around there, some times it is contradictory and confusing. It is very important for you to focus on the way these shadows make you feel; of course it is normal to be surprised or scared seeing something that is not supposed to be there but, - do you feel threatened on any way? Do you feel calm or in danger?

I'm glad that your family is open to talk about what is going on and to work into finding a solution.

Keep us posted.
The_Banker (5 stories) (16 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
I'm tired and stressed about work but I'll try to respond as clearly as possible. My niece's parents' never let's her out of their sight unless she is with us or her grandparents. So I don't think she's alone in this situation. I maybe saying that shadows aren't real, I all for her and I'll never leave her side. Trying to communicate now with her parents about the shadows and they understood what's happening and they told me that they can handle talking to my niece.

I have never told my niece about the shadows that I see. I've also read some articles about the shadows, some say they are part of the parallel universe, other articles say that they are people dear to us, but the scariest part says they are evil.

I don't have any extreme experience with other beings at the moment maybe because I am so stressed at work:' (
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-04)
Greetings, Banker:

Melda's point, "I understand the concept of the dream catcher but certainly will not go rushing off to buy one, be it decorative or highly effective" is a thoroughly sensible one. To my knowledge, Lady-glow's description of dreamcatchers being "sacred and the craftsmen usually pray and burn sage while making them" is accurate, but I **believe** incomplete. I may be a little off-base, here, but I was informed that one cannot simply purchase a dreamcatcher and have it perform reliably; the artisan who makes it not only needs to be attentive to the sacred act of making the dreamcatcher, but also needs to know for whom it is to be made. (I have no idea if this means a chat over a cup of tea, a life-long friendship, or somewhere in between.) This is not to disparage your ownership of the dreamcatcher; sometimes people find objects or great personal significance in the most unlikely of places. If the vendor had -for example- 200 dreamcatchers for sale, and you browsed until you found "your" dreamcatcher because "it just seemed right" then there may be a synchronicity of events I would not wish to disparage.

Additionally, your niece told you, "the shadows don't like you," and that "shadow told me that you fight them." One of them SPOKE with her, and everyone is telling her that this is mere imagination? I think that's probably going to have a negative effect on her trust for family members in addition to leaving her vulnerable to spiritual attacks, hauntings, and/or supernatural parasites; all she'll do is sit there telling herself "my parents said this is not real" while she is in danger. [Also: her MOTHER was so frightened by what her daughter saw that she refused to touch the dreamcatcher, but insists to her daughter that nothing is there? I predict very wealthy psychotherapists in your niece's future!]

As to the shadow who "told me that you fight them," this information shocked you, but in your first reply to Lady-glow, you state that when you see them, "I always pray and ask for guidance and protection." That IS fighting them! There are two places this information could have come from: 1) you; 2) the shadow. She's seeing and hearing them, unless you've been discussing your capacity for experiencing shadows with her. I think your niece may benefit from your sharing a prayer that helps you to find a sense of comfort and safety; that way you'll begin the honest dialogue RC suggested with a positive step, and you'll be affirming that it is ok to trust some adults with the truth about her experiences, even if others do not want to hear it.

Best,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
The_Banker: Thanks for replying.

Perhaps you could begin by telling her that, if the shadows are bothering and/or scaring her, she can tell them to leave because she needs to sleep.

If your niece is only going through a phase she'd outgrow it. In the meanwhile you could consider doing some research about different paranormal issues in order to better understand what you are going through. If you think to be a sensitive you might decide to embrace your gift or perhaps learn how to block it.

Good luck in your quest.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
I want to agree with Lady Glow here, so I will.

It's never a good idea to lie to a child, but you also should answer questions and concerns in an age and developmentally appropriate way. And also, if it is not your child, in accordance with the parents' wishes.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
The_Banker, Thanks or sharing your story.

Psychic abilities run in bloodlines and can be passed down through generation/s but little children are also far more prone to being open to seeing spirit/s and the spiritual world. A child's mind has is not yet "fixed," in terms of, the world in such a way that is inflexible, formed and adjusted. 0nce we are adults, our view/s and understanding of the natural world is much deeper rooted, reshaped, developed and partial/bias. Children only understand through what we teach them and their own personality, obstacles, emotions and religious teachings. Many people, much like yourself, went through a "phase" as a young child when thought to be interacting, not only with our physical world, but, things beyond that and the invisible.

I don't have a suggestion for you, but, I wanted you to understand that this is natural. It can be a phase where the child's mind becomes overly active or highly stimulated and their imagination goes into overdrive. This can also seem very real to the child. 0therwise, she may very well be highly tuned-in and still have the innocence to view the world without bias, theories, experience/s and knowledge that she has come into contact with and then adjusted or reshaped thereafter. At least, she feels comfortable explaining what she encounters with you and that you approach her with an open-mind and loving arms is one ingredient that is absolutely essential.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
Greetings to The Banker
I am a new member and and although I have been lurking on this site for a number of years, am being very careful not to put my foot in it at this early stage.
I understand the concept of the dream catcher but certainly will not go rushing off to buy one, be it decorative or highly effective. I have learned early in my life not to simply trust everything that might carry the paranormal brand. I am up for critical comments but unfortunately learned early in my life that things tend to go pear shaped unless you know exactly what you are doing. Regards, Melda.
The_Banker (5 stories) (16 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
Hi Lady-Glow, I'll try to answer all the questions as detailed as I can:)

Do you remember your interactions with this imaginary friend? Do you mean you think s/he follow you to the new house and, if so, do you think s/he is trying to get your niece's attention?

I can't really remember that "friend" of mine when I was that young, but I can remember a woman and a child back in our previous house who always show themselves to me, sometimes they walk past by me and more often I would see them and then they'd disappear. My mom also told me that those entities could've followed me to our new house. I'm scared that my niece would have to see what I see/saw.

Are you talking about the same room in both stories? If so, - has your niece ever heard these sounds, is she afraid to enter your room if you are not there?

-Yep it's the same room. She didn't tell me that she's hearing sounds, but one time when I got home, my sister-in-law's mom who visited my niece and nephew at that time was surprised because she swore she can hear someone in my room. But my room is locked. She only enters my room because of make up and the color of the wall. She has not mentioned anything about entering my room alone.

Are you talking about a Roman Catholic Priest? I didn't know they do "cleansing", only blessing, do they do it in the Philippines?

-Yes blessing is a more popular way in the Phils but our extended family has a mixture of Chinese blood and we have Korean / American relatives, I guess that explains why they suggested cleansing since I'm also open to them about this. Most of my relatives on my father's lives in NY and CA. On my mother's side are from China and Korea. I am part Chinese but I never went to China LOL. (It's kind of hard since there are other suggestions that I receive like smoke of incense or sage, or holy water, or candle, novena, rosary, offering...)

-I have seen that shadow once. But I was outside. My brother's room has a veranda. My eldest brother and I were driving home when we noticed someone standing in the veranda of my brother's room. But the size of the shadow is taller that the door so we were puzzled and scared. (I'll tell the details on a separate story)

I don't know how to explain ghosts to my niece. I think she is to young to be stressing herself about ghosts. Maybe if she asks me again or tell me something about those shadows, I'll try to explain it to her in the most innocent way that she can absorb hehe.

Thank you so much for your input!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-31)
The_Banker:

I got confused trying to put both your stories together and would appreciate if you can answer the following questions (I'm mixing parts of your previous story and comments):

"... Our house is newly built, we moved here last 2014."

"My mom told me that I have a "friend" who was with me when I was just 5, I guess that "friend' never left at all. I can still hear, see, feel it."

Do you remember your interactions with this imaginary friend? Do you mean you think s/he follow you to the new house and, if so, do you think s/he is trying to get your niece's attention?

"... I went back toour house in my hometown And I re-decorated my room. I can still feel its presence, sometimes hear things as well. My brothers are scared of my room, they say they can hear someone talking / moving things / walking inside my room when I'm not at home..."

"I have a niece and a nephew who love staying in my room..."

Are you talking about the same room in both stories? If so, - has your niece ever heard these sounds, is she afraid to enter your room if you are not there?

"...They told me to go to a priest and be cleansed..."

Are you talking about a Roman Catholic Priest? I didn't know they do "cleansing", only blessing, do they do it in the Philippines?

"... (I don't want to go back alone, there's a shadow in uncle's room)..."

"... Hope it helps, coz my niece is not the only one who can see shadows... I, too have seen and still sees them. But I always pray and ask for guidance and protection."

Have you seen the shadow in your brother's room?

It is my opinion that you shouldn't deny the existence of ghosts to your niece, specially if you think you may have a "gift"; keep in mind that psychic abilities are known to run in several members of some families. If such is your case you may want to explore other options and learn to embrace your abilities and help your niece developing hers.
Keep in mind that not all ghosts are bad nor are here to get us.

As for the dream catcher, I suspect it is a replica and doubt it'd have any influence - negative or positive - in your house.
The_Banker (5 stories) (16 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-31)
RC Ruskin, I apologize I did not include the part where she asked me what the dream catchers are for. I told her they make bad dreams go away. With that question that even before she sees shadow? I can't remember anything about her telling me stories of the shadows in their room prior to me giving her the dream catcher. I'll ask her mom about it and update you.

Lady-glow

I don't know if it is authentic. I bought it in Baguio which is also popular in our country when it comes to ghost encounters. I bought it from an old lady vendor. My brother and his wife are very strict when it comes to TV shows that their kids watch so I don't think they'll let her watch scary shows. It would be a good news for me if she only knew about those shadows from other people, I also know how kid's imagination works so I always tell her that shadows and ghost aren't real (even if I know they are) just so she doesn't get scared. I haven't talked to her or played with lately since I'm always busy at work and i'm not at home on the weekends. I haven't tried cleansing before. Hope it helps, coz my niece is not the only one who can see shadows... I, too have seen and still sees them. But I always pray and ask for guidance and protection.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-31)
To The Banker, as a follow up to what Lady-Glow suggested,

You said your niece asked for the dream catcher because she was having bad dreams. So I'm now wondering if she was seeing these shadows before you put the dream catcher in her room?
Myst (63 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-31)
Dream catchers need daily exposure to sunlight to "melt" the bad dreams caught in the web.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-31)
Is the dream-catcher authentic or just a "made in China" reproduction?

If it is an authentic one I don't understand the reason why your niece is having bad dreams, since these objects are sacred and the craftsmen usually pray and burn sage while making them.

More than worrying about the dream catcher being the cause for the little girl's 'experiences' you should check if there are other possible factors that could influence her night time routine; like any shows the adults or older kids of the family could be watching, spooky stories told in whispers thinking she can't listen, a little school friend telling her stories, etc.

Still, cleansing the house is a good idea, specially if she takes part of it and is informed that, after the cleansing, anything negative should be gone.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: