You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Niece's Dinner Show

Real Ghost Stories

My Niece's Dinner Show

 

Before I can begin this next experience, I have to give a little bit of background. If only to give some sort of perspective to our circumstances when this happened. At the time of this experience, I was attending a local college. I was living with my parents and attending classes part time. About halfway through my time in school, my sister moved back home, because she had become pregnant and could no longer afford to live on her own.

Fast forward to when my niece was around a year old (she's 3 almost 4 now), my family was sitting in our living room eating dinner. She was sitting in her highchair, eating, and babbling away like children that age always do. Then all of sudden, she went quiet. I looked up from my plate, to find her smiling at the ceiling. My Dad was more focused on what was on the TV then I was, so I elbowed him to get his attention. He looked up, and as all four of us were watching, my niece started to clap her hands and giggle, like she found whatever she was staring at, highly amusing. Up until that point, I was okay with what was happening. All that mattered to me was that my niece was happy, and didn't seem to be in any danger.

However, there was a moment when I stopped being okay with what was happening. When my niece started reaching up, like she wanted whatever was above her to pick her up. The entire room gained a slightly sinister feeling, and we were forced to distract my niece, and keep her distracted until the feeling faded, and she went back to eating.

My sister thinks it might have been my Grandfather (who died of cancer in the early 90s) stopping by to check on us. I'm not so sure that's what happened.

This wasn't the last time something like this happened with my niece either. There are to my knowledge, at least three more occasions of this happening. The dinner shows seemed to stop (thankfully) when she outgrew the highchair. However, when she turned 2 the poor thing started to experience night terrors so bad, we could hear her screaming and crying, and very clearly saying NO! All the way on the other side of the house. She still has them occasionally, though not as often as she used to (she used to have them every night, now she has them around once a month or so.)

Other hauntings by Cole_Harris

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cole_Harris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cole_Harris (11 stories) (29 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-26)
This happened several years ago, and I thought I'd give an update... My sister and her daughter moved to their apartment last year. As soon as they moved out, my niece's night terrors stopped. They ended up having to move back (the apartment they moved into had too many issues, and the landlord was a bit of a b***). My Niece started having night terrors, a few nights after getting themselves set up in my old bedroom (I moved into their old room when they got the apartment). My old room is where a good portion of my "experiences" with the paranormal used to happen.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-13)
So these 'visits' started sometime in 2014?

Please start a Journal (or have your sister do so)... Sorry its just that they are an easy way to document what is happening, when it happens and who it happens to. To include weather conditions, the feelings of those who experienced the occurrence AND the general 'feeling' with-in the home.

More details equal better 'trouble shooting'. It may be as simple as 'Great Granddad' is appearing as he last remembers himself looking physically, and as a cancer victim this may be a very scary way for him to appear to a 3/4 year old... Have your sister say something out loud the next time this happens...

'Grandfather, you are scaring your great granddaughter, please stop. We do not mind your visits, but she is scared of what she 'see's or is feeling.'

Another thing... A home cleansing/shielding may help the situation. Positive/Good spirits/entities should be ok but any negative/malevolent spirits will be pushed out... If present activity may increase before cleansing/shielding take effect... Repeat as needed.

I have one posted on my profile, or you can find plenty on the internet. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Cole_Harris (11 stories) (29 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-13)
RCRuskin, that's why I starting posting to this site. I'm concerned that what might be happening in this house (some of which is described in my other posts), could be having an affect on my niece; and I want to keep her safe.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-12)
Assuming grandpa came to visit, there's hardly anything sinister, though understandable that you'd feel discomfort. These things happen, but, experiences on this site aside, they don't seem to be all that common. (Or are just something we don't notice?)

It's the night terrors that alarm me more. Not sure what the connection between the two events could be, but my gut tells me there is a connection. In which case, it was not grandpa visiting, but something masquerading.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: