You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 2 Months Of Terror

Real Ghost Stories

2 Months Of Terror

 

I was 20 years old at that time and was about to start my on the job training (OJT) at a steel company in Ortigas. It was a two month long training designed to help me and 4 other people from my class familiarize about the actual activities or work done in our field of study.

We tried applying to other construction companies but weekly allowance and payment reimbursements offered by the steel company convinced us to sign a contract with them (they really need ojts at that time).

Me and my groupmates decided to rent a place that's just near the company. Luckily, a cousin of one of the member of our group offered the 2nd floor of her residence for us to stay since it's only her and her disabled brother who's staying there. We agreed with the arrangements made, since her house is just a good 20 minutes walk away from the company's gate, and moved in with her.

The 2nd floor of her house is just a huge space with a separate bathroom. They manage to provide bunk beds for us to sleep on. We felt lucky at that time for having the whole 2nd floor for ourselves. But needless to say, we were naive at that time.

After settling in, things would go missing and be found in another place, our bags opened with our clothes scattered everywhere (as if someone purposely went through with our things). At first,  we thought a robber broke in, so the owner (the cousin of one of our member) installed a deadbolt and a chain lock at the front doors. Even when the security was already tightened, our things would still go missing. The owner suspected that maybe it was her brother who was stealing our stuffs, but that's impossible since he can't walk. He can't even climb the stairs up to the 2nd floor.

We have these lamp with motion sensors that were loaned to us by the owner and they would light up if we wave our hand or walk pass it. But every night, they would go on blinking at the exact time that we were all laying in bed. Sometimes, we would spend the rest of night sleeping huddled together because we were too scared.

One time, I was awakened by this intense heat so I quickly got up and plugged in the electric fan, when I noticed a woman standing at the edge of the stairs. I waved my hand at the lamp but it didn't turn on. I adjusted my vision in the darkness and formed an outline of the woman standing at the edge of the stairs. As soon as the image registered in my mind I quickly went to bed, pulled the blanket up to my head and forced myself to sleep again. It wasn't a woman, that's what I told myself, because it has this fiendish characteristics with its messed up hair and long fingernails placed at its sides.

I told my groupmates about what I saw the following morning. Some of them even said that they too witnessed the same entity on the same exact spot.

The nights that followed that event weren't peaceful. We couldn't sleep well. Some of my groupmates even planned to move, out but we ended up bearing with the activities inside the house since we already paid the full payment for the two month's stay plus our share on the electrical, gas and water consumption.

After our two months training ended, we bid our farewell to the owner and thanked her for welcoming us to her home even though there's something in there that doesn't want us to be there in the first place.

Thanks for reading my story and more power to YGS!

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-02)
Your description of the female entity sounds much like the way corpses that have been exhumed often appear. Sometimes hair and fingernail growth continues for a time after death - feeding into terrible stories of vampires and certain others of the 'undead' variety.

I wonder then if this woman appeared to you in such a way because she had been disturbed from her grave. Perhaps she had lain at rest somewhere on the property at some point in time and had since been removed or otherwise interfered with.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-01)
CuriousDee - yes, mods are the only ones who can delete comments.

Zaruje - please excuse the comments that have sidetracked your story. Additional comments not related to your story will be deleted.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-01)
Anubis - comments from you that are not relevant to the story you are leaving them on will be deleted. Your juvenile attitude is getting old and is not being tolerated.

This comment from Anubis_return is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Anubis-

If you have only love for lady-glow, why would you comment on her being "schooled"? I'm sure you understand that can come off as being... Well, petty.

Moderator's are the only members with the ability to delete comments. I'm sure a mod can chime in here to explain this. We don't want to go off topic from the OP's story though, right? 😊

This comment from Anubis_return is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Anubis_return (22 posts)
-4
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Spikiwee69,

I was just concern as to why lady-glow is mad at you? Or has grudge at you?

If you wouldn't mind me asking, what did you do anyway?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Anubis.
I may be a psychological profiler or, perhaps, only very observant. 😐
Anubis_return (22 posts)
-4
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Thanks lady-glow!

I was just curious because you are not responding to me... Are you mad at me?

Please make no mistake I was just concern as to how did you know if it's 'Spikiwee69'? Can you answer this please lady-glow? Got nothing for you but love only ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Anubis?!?!?
It's out of my ability to delete any comments... That's up to the moderators and, they too, can ban any member if they consider it necessary.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Zaruje,

It definitely seems like something wanted your attention and to mess with you. Sometimes that's all it is; a "needy" spirit 😜 I would be glad to be out of there. Thankfully, it wasn't long term. Thanks for sharing.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
yougotosleep,

Hi there! The house isn't ours for us to decide to suddenly put cctv cameras or any forms of cameras within the vicinity to record anything and everything that is happening. It is for the owners to decide. If she decided not to put any recording cam and just to tighten the security then it's her decision.

And for your question "Since the lights would turn on and off every night at the same time, why not record it?", we were all scared at that time. Putting out our phones and recording it was not the first thing that popped in our heads (reality speaking). And honestly, what good would (the recording of our lamp going on and off) it do to us? We were already scared so adding fuel to the fire isn't really going to help.

Thanks for reading my story!
yougotosleep (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Since the lights would turn on and off every night at the same time, why not record it? Why not install some cameras to see what is throwing your stuff around?
Anubis_return (22 posts)
-2
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Hello lady-glow,

I was just concern, how did you know that 'Spikiwee69' is doing the down-voting if you can't see who's doing the voting at all? Wasn't that a bit odd for you to tell us that?
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Lady-glow, thanks! Now I know 😊 Thanks for the info. So your gut tells you it was spikiwee69 who down voted all the comments?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Zaruje - there's no way to know for sure who is voting up or down a given comment, sometimes people will leave a note letting you know that they vote on your comment.
Other times is 'gut feeling'... Just think who might have a grudge against you. 🤔
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-30)
Anubis-return,

Hehehe no wrong intentions here too. But honestly, I really appreciate your comments 😊, so thanks 😊
Anubis_return (22 posts)
-3
6 years ago (2018-04-29)
Zaruje,

I know. I was just playin around. Make no mistake, I have nothing against the story. Believe me, it was scary.

Thank you and god bless! ❤
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-29)
Anubis_return,

I know that movie too 😆 😆. LOL but this is real life mate. Not some made up fiction.

Thanks for leaving a comment tho 😊
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-29)
Lady-glow just a guestion. How will you know the identity of the person down voting? Coz I want to know too
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-29)
Ha ha! - Seriously?!?
So Spikiwee69 got a magic wand and now he's down-voting right and left, even good comments!

That's so petty! 🙄

This comment from Anubis_return is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-29)
Lady-glow,

No we did not report the events (except when our bags were opened and our clothes were scattered everywhere) to the owner because, for us at that time, it seems rude to do it since she had been so kind to us. Maybe we should have told her and that maybe she could explain what that entity was.

Serenflipppity,

Yes we were not "physically" threatened but we were always tired, energy drained, maybe because of the constant lack of sleep. Your suggestions are well taken 😊 😊

Thanks for reading my story!
Serenflipppity (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-29)
Hi Zaruje

Upon reading this section of your narrative "our bags opened with our clothes scattered everywhere (as if someone purposely went through with our things)." I was reminded of a story by another YGS member (DreyK) where he was advised to "Unpack your suitcases, ghosts hate travelers..."

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24132

It does not seem that you were 'physically' threatened or harmed in any way; at least not from your story, but that you were indeed terrified of the unknown.

Hopefully reading about others' experiences here at YGS will help you come to terms with that incident and you'll realise not all ghostly experiences are spooky.

All the best
Maxine
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-29)
Hello Zaruje:

That sure was scary but, did you and/or any of your friends report seeing the spirit to the owner of the house, or did you ask if they experience any activity before you guys rented the second floor?
Did the owner's relative ever mention any history of the house and the family?
Do you know if anyone died in there?

In my opinion, only talking to the homeowner could shed some light on the spirit's possible identity and and her motives for the disturbances.
Perhaps she was an ancestor protecting her family and property from what she perceived like a group of intruders invading her house.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: