You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Project X

Real Ghost Stories

Project X

 

It happened during my college days in a subject called Effective Communications. We were instructed to create our own little film. We were divided into groups and we would choose our own theme. But the rule was that no same theme would be use by two groups. My group was going for romance but the next group already assigned that to themselves. So I suggest,  why won't we do a horror movie. Just a short clip of people dying. They all agreed on the theme but not on the script. They suggest we do  doppelgangers.

The day came for us to shoot the movie. Remember we are not pros so every detail wasn't really thought of including the location. So we just met up in one of my groupmates house and conduct the filming there.

But having a beautiful house for a background doesn't really give the vibes for a horror movie. Luckily, near my classmates house is an old abandoned clinic. We asked one of the "tanods" (barangay policemen) to accompany us there. Along the way,  he told us that his father used to work as the caretaker of that building. But his father would never clean the insides of the building,  he would just do his daily routine outside the building like raking the leaves etc. After a few minutes of walking,  we arrived at the location. The building itself was a definition of horror. It's a one story building,  with ferns growing out from the walls. The tanod said that the clinic is much bigger down below. It seems that the clinic has a large basement that was used as a bomb shelter during the Japanese occupation. We asked if we could use the inside space of the building but the tanod said that the inside space is prohibited. We asked the tanod until he agreed. The inside of the building was just like an old wrecked office with dust and cobwebs every where. We immediately set up the place. And we started filming the scene. But every time I signal the actors for their queue, the camera that we brought would always turn off. We replaced the batteries but the camera would still not work.

I was eager that day to finish our project so I insisted on them that we continue filming even if were using our cellphones as camera. And that was my biggest mistake.  I should have told them to pack up and call it a day.

We managed to finished our project and submit it on time. The day came for our professor to announce our grades and to let our classmates watch the films. But our professor signaled me to stop as I was connecting my laptop to the projector. He said that we need to fix the sound bug first before showing our film to the class. I was shocked. Because I know there's no problem with our film. After the class,  our group asked for a meeting/ consultation with our professor about our project. We worked so hard and he will just dismiss it like that?.

I told him that our project is 100% ok. I open my laptop and played the film for him. Everything was fine at the beginning of the movie,  but at the part were we took the scenes at the old clinic,  the music was distorted. Distorted in a way that you can clearly hear another voice aside from the voices of the actors. At the start of the dialogue of the two main character, you can hear a mumble. It gets louder and louder to the point where you can no longer understand the main actors.

I was stunned and looked at my professor with the expression of "We didn't do this voices". At the end of the day,  our professor gave us a grade of 75 for our project. I was disappointed at the same time creeped out. We discuss about what happened to our film. The only conclusion that we had is that maybe we've disturbed some spirits in the old clinic. One thing's for sure,  the voice on the film, he's speaking in Japanese language.

Sorry for the lengthy story. If you are wondering about the film,  yes it  still exist. One of my groupmates copied it from me before I completely delete if from my laptop. Hope I can share more of my experiences!

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thureos (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-02)
Greetings. It is an interesting story, as it remember me of similar circunstances I have experienced.
Would you by any chance still have the project in your possession? And if so, would you be willing to share it with us?
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-21)
Thank you melda. Well to tell the truth, our film was forfeited because of the sound bug. So the grade of 75 was a "because they tried grade" haha but still thank you for your comment. That made me feel good
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-21)
Hi Zaruje - Very interesting story. I think making a horror movie involving doppelgangers could be really interesting. Just imagine, you could pin a murder on a doppelganger and walk away scot free! (I don't think the judge and jury would buy it, LOL). Such a great range of things you could do on that subject.
Well in the circumstances 75 is a pretty good mark isn't it? I agree 50 would have been a HUGE disappointment.
All things considered it was another great experience for you, in a different way of course. At least you cannot say you didn't learn anything!
Regards, Melda
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Thank you for all your comments. I will share the clip as soon as I contact my classmate. I tried to call and messaged her in fb before I even publish this story. I hope she responds to my call and message
Orangepulp123 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
That's really creepy. Love your story. I agree with Roylynx. Please share with us the clip please. Thank you! 😁
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Reading the title I thought its an old program from NHK lol

This seems very eerie... Many such places according to my researches would have spirits called "wonderers" those some people will say they are the "lost souls".

Well, for any of us whom would plan to go to old abandoned places should plan to pray for the spirits whom are still wondering around at the place. As my grandmother will say spirits will be attached to the land unless they know their way to the other side.

Hope that can help you a little.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx

Oh, by the way, can you share the clip with us? Like post a link or something like that? I am sure most of us would be interested;-)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: