You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Never Ending Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

Never Ending Nightmares

 

I'm posting first time here on YGS. Well I'm not at all new on this website (a long time reader). I apologize for my English and grammar as English is not my first language.

This is not my experience its my mother's. We live in Mumbai, India and there are six members in the family including me, my parents, younger brother, grandmother (father's mother) and aunt (father's sister). My mother is most religious person I've ever known. After getting married she started having nightmares of a woman who use to dress like a DULHAN (a bride). As in India brides wear red wedding dress (like sari). In dreams the woman would always try to kill my mother by holding her neck or she would climb on her chest and try to suffocate her. When my mother shared her nightmares to my grandmother she came to know that even my grandmother had this dream after she married my grandfather. My grandmother suggested my mother that she should discuss this dreams to my father as even my grandfather had such nightmares of same woman. When my mother asked my father about the dreams she got shock of her life even my father had such dreams but they were not scary and the woman in the dream was not at all trying to kill my father and even she was not looking scary as my mother and grandparents saw her in their dreams. She was trying to talk to my father but she could not speak a word. After this discussion my grandmother decided to find reason behind this dreams, she called a Pandit (A Hindu priest) and asked for the solution. Pandit said that the woman had some connection with my father may be she is someone from his past life. The woman is unhappy with the other members of the family and she will kill my mother if my father won't leave her and get her out of his life. My mother was scared and she asked for the solution and get ride of this woman, he (pandit) said you should have a idol of goddess in the house and should do prayers everyday. My parents did exactly things suggested by pandit. Things stopped nightmares were gone. No more scary dreams.

After almost 4 years (I don't remember the exact date as I was young) my father and his friend planned a trip (with family of course) to Nainital (a beautiful hill station in state Uttarakhand,India). We were nine people traveling to a beautiful destination.

My father decided to hire a beautiful hall so that everyone will stay together instead of living in different rooms. We had a great time there but after two days my mother started feeling uncomfortable she was not happy and was not enjoying as if she was worried and scared but she didn't shared her uneasiness with anyone as she didn't wanted to stress anyone.

One night after having dinner together we went to sleep as we were tired. Around 1 am my mother woke up screaming and terrified, sweating and crying as hell. Everyone in room was trying to calm my mother down and asking her what happened and why she's so scared. My mother looked at my father, my father understood why she was scared and he asked did she scared you again? My mother was not able to utter a word. After asking again and again she said that she had a dream as she is on an unknown island alone there and suddenly the same woman holds her right leg and pulls her towards the sea and takes her under the water.

My father was scared but he said that this was just a dream don't worry and my mother replied that this was just not a dream take a look at my leg. Her leg was swelling, she was in pain as if someone has angrily grab her leg. She was absolutely fine before going to bed. After this my father called a doctor, he (doctor) said this only happens when you fall from somewhere or someone just grab you. After 3-4 days my mother was fine. She still have nightmares but only when she is out of the home as the woman is may be scared of the idol of goddess that we have at home. The reason behind this is still unknown can anyone explain me what's going on and why this things happens?

I'm so sorry for my weak English and length of the story. Thank you so much for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ___ambitious__, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-25)
Hi visit anjenya temple... And get the thread from there which your mom cn keep with her wen she is travelling...
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-25)
Hi...you are living in which part of the country. May be I cn suggest some help.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-04)
This is so interesting! Ambitious, I encourage you to have a look at some of the other stories from Indian contributors to this site, I feel certain that I have read several involving apparitions or dreams of women in red saris - it seems to be a recurrent theme - you may find something useful there or at least have a conversation with someone who has had a similar experience.

Your poor mother! Perhaps a return trip to the Pandit or seeking advice from another Pandit might help. Is there some purification ritual that could be performed or an offering made to a deity who might lend some assistance?

Or maybe it could be far simpler than that - when someone is having a lucid nightmare that continues to recur one of the common ways of getting rid of it is to work to take control of the dream and directly confront whatever is harassing you. Granted, this is not the typical dream so it may not be so easy - it might be a good idea to discuss it with a religious advisor first and see if there are any protections they could recommend.

I hope you and your mother are able to find a solution and get some rest and peace.
mynaraja (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-04)
Ure mom should carry a medallion of the goddess which has been sanctified by doing puja to it. Or else get a blessed talisman. Also strong prayer gives strength to the mind and you can resist the churail.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-04)
This was a very good read. Your English wasn't that bad. I was able to understand what you meant. 😁 as for your question, have you ever tried to do any research on what you're wanting to know? Like Google it? I was curious if you have, because that would be a fast way to find out if anyone knows what you're talking about, or is/has experienced the same thing. I hope that someone here on YGS can help you with this, if you're unable to find anything on the internet. Thank you for submitting this. I hope everything works out
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
___ambitious__, thank-you for sharing your experience with us. I can understand, why you want to explore this story and understand it or make sense of it.

Unfortunately, I do not know much about Goddesses and how they work or their protection, so, I cannot say, if this is why the lady chooses to visit your Mother when she is out of the house.

The lady must have a connection with your Father, and she is definitely a spirit.

Sometimes, spirits or ghosts choose the way in which they present themselves to us, but, the way that we see them is not necessarily how they truly look. Sometimes, they do this to deceive us and sometimes, so we will not be afraid of them.

I have also heard these types of stories from India and it usually has to do with some one who 'cursed' another person. Fortunately, this has never happened to me, but, some people say, this has happened.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: