You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Friendly Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

A Friendly Ghost?

 

A couple of summers ago my mom moved into a new house. At the time my mom, two brothers, and her boyfriend were living with her and I was only there on the weekends. Of course, me, being a teenager and easily spooked, was initially already creeped out by her house. But soon strange things actually began happening.

For example, doors would lock on their own. The hallway door locked itself while my mom was in the bathroom. The basement door locked itself when we all swore up and down that none of us did it. My mother has to come into my room in the morning if she has work so I have to keep the door unlocked. One night, because the door was locked the day before, I took special care to make sure it was unlocked. But at 3 A.M it was locked again.

That's not the only strange thing though. The kitchen sink turned on by itself. I've heard voices in the basement when no one was home. My brothers books will get pulled off their shelf when they were positioned in a way where you have to pull them straight out to get them off of the shelf.

When you sit in the living room, you can see into my bedroom. One summer day when I was home alone I thought I saw a shadow of a man in there, but when I looked closer he dissolved. That was also the same day I heard voices.

We were still getting mail from the previous owners and we soon took notice of their last name. It was the same last name of a recently deceased police officer name Eric. Now, we don't know for sure if it's the same family, or even if he lived in that house, but I still have the habit of referring to him as 'Eric'. He hasn't done anything to hurt us, just messed with us a bit. I kind of really want to get a Ouija board and see if I can communicate with him, but I also don't want to make him angry.

This is the first story I've posted on here, but there are a few more I'm going to be posting.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, onlyinurdreams02, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

onlyinurdreams02 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-03)
spiritwaiting,

The apparation was black, without any real details, but I also only saw it for a second. We haven't tried looking at pictures of the police officer, but the locking of doors does make sense when you put it in that perspective.

Sorry for the late response, thanks for your feedback!
onlyinurdreams02 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-03)
lady-glow,

The house isn't run down, it's just that I've never moved into a new house before. It's a nice house, just a bit cramped which I don't particularly like.

I don't know when exactly the door locked, but I know it was locked at 3 a.m because that's when my mom needed to get into my room to get ready for work.

For the adults, we've all experienced the doors locking, but they haven't really seen anything else. It was my brother who saw the books fall off of the book shelf.

Also, I would like to apologize for such a late response, I haven't been on this website in a while. Thank you for your feedback!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-24)
Only,

It would make sense the doors would be locked on a regular basis even if you made sure they were unlocked, if this in fact is the deceased police officer.

My Step-dad was an officer of the law during my childhood, (now retired) and it was a regular habit for him.

He lived in the city in which he patrolled and worked so locked doors and windows were a must every night.

When you saw this apparition, were you able to get a good look at him?
If so have you tried looking for pictures of the officer?
I'm sure there would be an obituary somewhere for that specific area, local news paper etc. That may help to identify him.

And I agree with Elemental, DirtCreature and Mack. No need for the quija. If the spirit wanted to make contact i'm sure he/she would.

There are other ways of doing so without bringing that into the equation.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
Agree 100% with you DirtCreature re Ouija Boards - they appear to often (but not always) attract "low level" spirits who are hanging around close to the material plane with nothing better to do than terrorize folk who are unprepared mentally or psychically to deal unpleasant or unenlightened souls.

My opinion re Ouija boards is that the boards in themselves are just boards; it's the level of INTENT and DESIRE from the users that attracts the spirits to the vicinity. A seance' will possibly have the same effect.

Regards

Mack
DirtCreature (guest)
+4
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
I don't find Ouija boards necessary. I personally believe if a spirit wants to make contact, it will. It doesn't need to push a piece of wood over a bunch of random letters. It will let you know in its own way. Everyone here is giving good advice. Stay away from those.
Elemental_Angel (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
Would not recommend the ouija board, because you might bring something else in your home. Don't ignore it, but don't welcome it in any way, just in case it might be a negative spirit
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
"... Was initially already creeped out by her house..."

By this, do you mean the house is old and run-down or do you mean it is a nice house that gives you a bad feeling.

If the house is old, perhaps some of the odd happenings can be explained by the house settling noises at night time as consequence of temperature changes and old fixtures.

"... One night, because the door was locked the day before, I took special care to make sure it was unlocked. But at 3 A.M it was locked again."

How do you know the door locked again at 3:00 am? Were you awake and heard/saw it when it was happening or did you find it locked when you woke up?

Do the adults living in the house experience all these disturbances? If so, do you know if they have asked for help?

Using a Ouija board is not the best idea, I would suggest for you to talk to the permanent residents of the place about performing a cleansing according to their personal beliefs.

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: