You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Regretful Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Regretful Spirit?

 

Hey guys!

I know it has been a while and I've been pretty quiet; I have been reading just not being able to comment due to work!

But I do have an interesting story!

I work at [unnamed hotel] in Arizona, and earlier this year, we sadly had a suicide. I have to help housekeeping (managing them) a few times a week as we are down a manager, but my housekeepers keep saying that they get the creeps being in the room.

Now if you have read my previous posts, you will understand why I have a phobia of closets; so guess where this one takes place? You got it! A closet; well I was in the room and inspecting as I do, and I could hear someone talking. Now I first assume that it is my phone (I leave podcasts going so I do not hear what I can [seen in previous posts as well]. So I grab my phone mumbling about how could I forget to make sure this thing is off and letting it scare me in this room; well turns out my phone had DIED!

I had a full battery BEFORE entering the room, so this makes me already on edge. Then the talking starts again, "Please just hear me, why can't you hear me?! I don't belong here, why will you not just listen to me." I continued to pretend that I did not hear this take a deep breath to be calm and walk briskly out of the room so he could not realize I could and chose not to.

I am curious, how does one cleanse a hotel room without having to explain to my boss why I am doing it. Anyone know of another way that does not include using sage or open flame?

Thank you for listening! I apologize for it being so short!

Blessed be and stay safe! [Love]

Other hauntings by Mannerizms

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mannerizms, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
[at] Mayamie I will try that too to calm them! Thank you so much for the Catholic aspect of it:)

Blessed Be and stay safe! ❤
mayamie (12 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-02)
Hello Mannerizms, hope you are still reading this particular message board, as it seems that all the recommendations are for "chasing the spirt away" from the location and not particularly helpful in leading the deceased to the "light" and "crossing over".

You mention that hotel help is "Catholic" so I would asking their assistance to pray a nightly vigil of Novenas in asking for help in aiding the deceased to become enlightened from other departed souls, like for instance late family members, angels or saints.

This would be a seven to nine day pray vigil that one prays for the deceased for intervention on the deceased part. This deceased person is asking for help, so that is half the battle won already. It merely is the act of praying for the deceased.

The first Novena is thus, "Manifold are the sufferings which those blessed souls must endure, but the greatest of all is the reflection that their sins in life are the cause of their present torments," which does not seem to pertain to your situation as much as the second Novena.

The second Novena is thus, "The second pain which causes these holy souls much suffering is the time lost in life, when they might have gained merits for heaven; and the thought that they are unable to repair this loss, because the time of life and merit is passed."

So one simply prays for intervention in this case and since the hotel housekeeping staff is Catholic, I would suggest they pray the Rosary for seven to nine days at a set time each night perhaps, no need to stay at the hotel although the prays in the Novena mentioned are simply Catholic prays. The "Our Father, the Hail Mary and the O Most Sweet Jesus, so the staff could also pray in their minds, silently as they clean the room of the departed person and asking heavenly host to assist the person in this room along with these particular prays. Hope this helps.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
[at] Rook, thank you my friend! I have been keeping the window's open, but I will place some salt in the closet and let the girls know that it has been cleansed (majority of them are Catholic) but hoping this will help! ❤

Stay Safe and Blessed Be! ❤ ❤
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-09)
Mannerizms, I'm really glad that you've received so many helpful suggestions. I'd be quite frightened too at being confronted by the situation. It is a such a good and caring thing for you to try and help that poor lost soul. You're also wise to seek out advice so you could make an informed decision on how to proceed.

Please know that you've got all our best wishes and support with you.❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-09)
M,

The housekeepers pretty much do a 'room' cleansing every time they clean a room... Except their focus is only on the physical objects in the room. The next time you assist them get this room on your list and add some FOCUS to it. Open the windows... Let the energy 'change' itself out.

I understand that at a lot of Hotels the windows open only a tiny bit or sometimes not at all, if the latter is the case at least prop open the door to the hallway... Ensure ALL the curtains are open. If the former is the 'option'...open them as far as they can be opened... Again focus of the exchange of energy.

Most of the employee's are simply reacting in a natural way in the presence of a 'sudden' or 'unnatural' death. They are simply 'creeped' out by what happened in the room, they are not actually 'feeling' anything. Don't forget you can always sprinkle a small bit of salt in the closet if you think that may help.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-09)
Hello Everyone!





Thank you for all the interest; to answer some of these questions:



Did the temperature change for you?



It did not, in AZ we are always having the air con going, so you can't really tell.



Have you considered it being someone next room over talking on the phone?



I was inspecting rooms, the rooms on each side were empty and there is cement between floors (room is on top floor.)



The suicide took place in the closet or the voices came from the closet?



It was both sadly: (he hung himself in the closet and that is where I heard it from as well... (We know why he committed suicide, but out of respect, keep that part private)

Have any guests complained about strange occurrences in that specific room?

We've had people tell us that someone is talking way too loud in the room behind them in the bedroom (the bed is next to the closet and there is no person in that closet afte hours.)

Just a thought, but is there someone brave enough to go back into that room and try to explain to them that they can go?

I am more than willing to do this however, since that day I can't get in that room by myself, and well to sit and talk with this guy to get him to move on I want to make sure to also give him his privacy as he moves on; out of respect for him, kind of like a last act of kindness.

[at] Radish, people at work do not know I can hear and talk to spirits, I kind of would like to keep it this way. They are very superstitious and do not want to cause a scene or waves in our work relationship. But I do intend on speaking with him soon.

[at] AugustaM I was thinking about Rooks, I usually talk to him. I do like the idea of electric kettle and essential oils, I hadn't thought of that!:)

Thank you so much for the advice so far guys:) I will be up inspecting the rooms again this week, I will be bringing the kettle and essential oils, IF I am able to get into that room, I will of course post an update for everyone:)

Stay Safe and Blessed Be everyone!

❤ ❤
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-09)
If the idea is to get the sage diffused into the air without setting off smoke alarms - how about sage essential oil in a vapor diffuser? Or simpler still an electric teapot or hot cup of water? Also, many cleansing rituals involve simply opening up all windows and sweeping from each corner out the door.
There are elements of many cleansings that don't involve flame (Rook's included) - try taking those elements and making a cleansing ritual of your own. Its unconventional but if your intent and convictions are strong and certain - I think it still may work. My thoughts in this direction are only encouraged by the fact that you can hear him - perhaps take the reigns on your fears (understandable and reasonable as they are) and have a talk with him - tell him he needs to move on and its going to be ok. It seems to me like this poor soul is merely desperate for comfort and assurance.
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-11-09)
I'm of the mind that, unless the deceased person was evil of spirit while living, or some non-human entity, you can safely speak to them as you might a living person. Taking into to consideration that they were under some extreme mental duress to have committed suicide, I would just say aloud that they have passed over and to look for the light - allay their fears and re-orient them. I was very taken with what EmmalineTexas said about a dead person believing that they were unworthy of heaven - and they may have shut their mind to any possibility of there being "a light to go to."
Go with someone if you must, or find a willing volunteer and try just talking to this sad and lonely soul. If you are able to feel creeped out by the room now, I'll bet you will feel a change if you are successful in getting through. I hope it is a transformative experience for all, on both sides of the curtain.
If it doesn't work, and the room stays haunted, then call in the big guns: rites, mediums etc.
Best wishes to you. Courage!
Zombiemare13 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-08)
This is what I'm afraid happens when we die. You end up lost and are confused about where you are, like in a nightmare... Poor man😞
Lol but I do understand why you got out of there. Good story- but I'd also love to hear that a medium went to help him.💕❤️
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-08)
Hi Mannerizms,
That's so sad that someone felt so out of options that they committed suicide in a hotel. I would have been very scared once I realized that my phone battery was actually dead and I was hearing someone make contact with me so clearly.

I don't know if you ever want to go back into that room, but the way that I understand your story is that this spirit doesn't quite realize that they've crossed over. They are trying to figure it out and must be so confused that they've retreated to a quiet spot (the closet) because they get no response from living people. I've read about people who tried to commit suicide and they say that they instantly regretted it. It would explain why this spirit hasn't moved on to the light. They may be hoping that they changed their mind in time so that the suicide didn't happen.

Just a thought, but is there someone brave enough to go back into that room and try to explain to them that they can go? They may be afraid that they've committed a mortal sign - depending on the religion. That would mean to them that are not allowed to rest in peace.

Thanks for a great story. I feel so sorry for that spirit trapped in confusion and regret.
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-08)
Hi Mannerizms, sad story. I agree with Melda; even though you were understandably alarmed, it may help a troubled spirit find peace if he were acknowledged. Part of the reason for his suicide could be because he felt that no one "heard him" while he was living. Of course that's speculation, but if you happen to hear him again, you might ask how you can help. Good luck!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-08)
Mannerizms - Forgot to ask - have any guests complained about strange occurrences in that specific room? If they have, you'll have confirmation of your suspicions.

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-11-08)
Mannerizms - If you speak to your boss and explain that you and the rest of the staff are freaked out about the room, perhaps he/she will be prepared to allow you to have the room blessed or cleansed. If necessary, persuade a few staff members to join you when you discuss the matter with the boss.

This could be a truly lost soul who needs assistance to move on. I can understand why you might have been frightened to reply when it spoke to you but in that situation I must admit I would have a very difficult time coming to terms with myself if I didn't try to assist in some way. It obviously bothers you too, or you wouldn't have taken the trouble to ask members of this site for alternative methods to send this spirit on its way.

Well, that's just my view on it.

Regards, Melda
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-08)
I too would be creeped out being there! I could imagine how frightening that must be. Did the temperature change for you? Have you considered it being someone next room over talking on the phone? The suicide took place in the closet or the voices came from the closet? Sorry I am confused about that part. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your reply 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: