You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Child Will Always Be Afraid Of The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

A Child Will Always Be Afraid Of The Closet

 

I am 25 years old, now this happened when I was 15 years old. I had A LOT of stuff going on; including my father was taken to jail by the D.E.A. For things I'm not really sure of but I do know most of it was just lies put on him because he has had so many concussions he really has no memory of it. Anyways, this happened about 2 months after he left.

My family is pretty familiar with all things paranormal, on my mom's side, my great, great grandmother read tea leaves, my great grandmother just knew things about people before she was even introduced, my grandfather can read aura's, my mom can hear dead people (she used to be able to see them however she closed that door after an encounter/conversation with a friend's dead sibling.), and as for myself, I can hear people but I only see them when I'm asleep and when either myself or someone close to me in a time of need. Back to the story:

I was 15 years old, after my father was taken to prison my mom had a hard time with it, so to help her out my little sister and my little brother would take turns sleeping with her because my parents have been together FOREVER. Anyways, my sister and I normally shared a room but after my dad left she moved to the couch, I thought this was just because she missed our dad but soon after did I learn why I never was comfortable in our home anymore. Okay so where my old house sits is between 2 different grave yards (spooky already trust me I know!) The upper grave yard was so old a lot of the head stones no longer had writing on them (the oldest ones we could read were 1779); and the lower cemetery had newer head stones (1909 and up). Well on certain nights fog would roll up, normally no biggie until you look at where it goes; literally the fog would ONLY roll into our yard! We would always see stuff out the windows and kindly wave letting them know we saw them, respect them and let them know that this is our home now.

However, after my dad left things started getting weird. I would start hearing weird growls in my room, now mind you my sister was either sleeping on the couch or my mom's room and would not come into our bedroom unless it was during the day (she was 10 at the time so I thought nothing of it.) Anyways, I slowly starting to get crept out by my own room, I would constantly tell myself "STOP IT! You're 15 not 5, get over it and relax." Slowly the feeling started getting worse and worse to the point I wasn't able to sleep alone so I started having my dog sleep in my room with me. That's when it got worse. I would be lying in bed look at my closet (looks cliché I know) and I would see red eye's hear this primal growl that would shake me literally to my core. This went on for months I started getting depressed and cutting (my mom found out about it 2 years later, as I was still doing this.) but when my parents found out NO sharp things were allowed in my room period, not even tacks! Back to the story, the growling eventually started talking, just low growls and then screams of get out, my dog constantly growled or hid under my blanket with me because we were so scared. I didn't tell my mom for the longest time until one night it got so bad I saw my necklace (was one of those big chain ball necklaces) come out of my closet and start hitting my dog! She was so scared and I didn't want her hurt anymore so I screamed as loud as I could for it to stop, I commanded it "YOU WILL NO LONGER HURT MY DOG! THIS IS MY ROOM LEAVE!" Normally this would have been a great thing to do, however I think I just pissed in its cheerios! I woke up the next morning with a steak knife stabbed into my headboard and another one in my dresser drawer! Getting scared I yelled for my mom, after being lectured for an hour about the promise I made to have NOTHING sharp in my room I swore to her I didn't (we have a special thing we swear on so we know there is no lie there.) she turned white, I told her everything that had been going on and she was even more angry for me not telling her sooner!

She smudged my room and everything seemed fine for a while, and by a while I mean at least a month. Then it started up again, this time before things got as bad as they had before, I ran and told my mom, finally she had to have my aunt come and bless my room it was finally gone after that. However, I couldn't sleep in that room anymore, so I moved across the hall.

I know everyone on here has their own experiences and I appreciate everyone on here taking the time to share their stories, I will be sharing more soon. I was so happy to find a place where I can feel as if I am not alone in these happenings throughout my life.

Blessed be everyone!

Other hauntings by Mannerizms

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mannerizms, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Well my whole life literally EVERY where I have ever lived (until I moved into my current home) I had something going on. However, in this case nothing bad, I just have a bit of a short temper especially if it is going to make me an insomniac I don't care who or what it is, they were going to meet meet my wrath! ❤
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
you are so courageous I would kill myself, but you told me how to face malicious paranormal activity.

Thanks, ❤ 😲 😳
mzreis315 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Nothing this serious has ever happened to me, and I hope it never does. My first experience occurred when I was 16, and honestly I still doubt myself as to if it really happen. I give you props for being able to deal with such a horrible haunting. I wouldn't be able to. ❤
Wehavetime (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Wow, that is absolutely TERRIFYING! 😨 I would have never gotten he courage to do that, ever! Chills went down my spine when you started saying how it was screaming for you to get out...!

Living right beside two graveyards?! I would BEG my parents to move right away, haha! That is not a good sign, especially the fog.

Hope all goes good!
❤ WHT
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Thanks everyone, my dad is still "away" but he'll be home soon, I'm writing more about my experiences and saving them posting them hopefully by 2 a week until I can get the majority out there.

[at] paranormal, I think that is what my sister did, I'm just really stubborn 😉

^_^ Be safe all! ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Thanks for sharing. Your story indeed is very interesting! So much history on that land. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope things are better for you now that you are older.

Can't wait to hear the other stories you have. Hoep you share them.

Luv
Kat1704 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
GOSH! I wouldn't been able to move let alone shout at it! The first night it would happen I would be straight out of the room and NEVER go back in again. You are soooo brave! 😁

This comment from Paraltive is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Yea, I didn't want to tell my mom because I felt she thought I was crazy or making it up because of the stuff I was going through. But there was a lot that happened in that house, this was just ONE of the MANY, MANY experiences I had. Up until I moved to Arizona, I had experiences everywhere I moved to, thankfully I started smudging and making a home protection shield to avoid any and all of this. ❤
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
I am so glad there is someone with a 'weird story', not just me. It is so frustrating to know something happened to you, and no one wants to believe it is true, because there is no proof! I believe this happened, because I saw and heard 'stuff' myself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: