You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Would Be Brother and Late Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

My Would Be Brother and Late Cousin

 

Here are 2 stories about my Brother (Paul Tyler Smith) and my cousin (Talicia Campbell). My Would be brother. In 2005 I was told that I was having a brother. But in the stage of birth Paul died. In 2007 I awoke in need of the washroom so I got up and went. As I left the bathroom I heard pitter patter of a child around 2-3 and I saw a little boy running around the house. I asked him who he was and he said "I am your brother". After he said that, I ran up and hugged him and 5 seconds later he started crying and for about 10 seconds I was hearing a real high pitched scream so I let him go and covered my ear. As I did that he started to dissolve and by this time I started getting scared and tried getting him back because I was really looking foreword to him and ever since then, I never left my room before 6 am and after 12 midnight.

My late Cousin. In 2005 my cousin Talicia Campbell died by being ran over by a train. About a week later I heard a knock on the door. Someone said "Hi Cody" and it sounded like Talicia but I knew she was gone. So I thought I was just hearing things so I went back to watching TV. Then I heard footsteps of someone around 16. And I looked where it was coming from. I saw my cousin walking into my parents room (this was before they split). I again thought I was hallucinating. I went to my parents bedroom and saw the blanket with a lumpish thing like someone was sleeping there (my parents were both at work at the time). And I lifted the blanket up and saw nothing. I looked in the mirror and saw a shadowy figure lying down. Then it moved as if it just woke up and saw me then left.

R.I.P Paul Tyler Smith

R.I.P Talicia Campbell

Other hauntings by Cody13Smith

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cody13Smith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WildCoastCreative (1 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-23)
I was good friends with your cousin Talicia, I was hit really hard by her death because she was my spiritual rock in school. I still feel her presence often. And I still think about he regularly. ❤
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
i find it like really odd how you say your would be brother died before he wa born and yet he came back as a toddler... 😕 but good for you
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
I'm interested to know how you knew the age of these apparitions from their footsteps.

If these stories of yours are for real, then... Wow! You certainly do have some unusual abilities. I hope you can but them to good use if you decide to become a paranormal investigator.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother and cousin. Most tragic.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
I AM DONE MY HOEMWORK! YAY! My story has been submitted I hope it will be accepted most likely it will
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Welcome back Cody. I had wondered what had happened to you. Nice to know you are alright, just bogged down with school work. Keep chipping away at it and that mountain of work will soon be a small hill. 😉 Good to see you.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
I will wright a story explaining this along with another as soon as I find the time but for now it will have to wait I got homework to do. Darn homework
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
For whatever reason you have had these visits, either because your are sensetive, you are singled out by these individuals or as I said, for what ever reason, cvonsider yourself blessed.

You were looking forward to having a brother, it did not come to pass. Your 'would be brother' wanted to comfort you. Knowing your loss and hurt, he was able to show him self briefly to assage soem of your grief.

Your cousin, I am sure, wanted to console you. Her death was an accident, she was nit able to say good bye. Her 'visiting' was a way for her to say good by and to console you.

You are truly blesed to be able to receive these beautiful visits!

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hi Cody,
Age matters not when you have a true ability. How wonderful that you have such good learning skills. So many times we hear the footsteps in our home and spend time searching out the culprit, but can not find that answer. I smiled when I read that you do not feel this strong suit when it applies to school. Sometimes we have to be interested in doing or learning something for us to catch on quickly. And unfortunately for all, some teachers are stuck having to use a state regulated curriculum and not deviate from it, resulting in long, drawn out and dry lesson plans.
The teachers that grabbed my attention and respect were the ones who offered trivia as extra credit. Just posting one question on the blackboard (yep, we ALL had one) and leaving it up to us on whether we would like to find out this fact, gave us the option to follow the guideline set out by the superiors, or to stray from that and find out more. My favorite, and one I still remember to this day was "How many states have a unicameral government and what are their names?" That was given in a sociology class in high school and a Mr. Grose was the name of that challenger.
I hope you are able to sharpen your skills and learn much more than what is just handed to you. I hope you are able to open your mind to many possibilities out there and test yourself by seeking out the "trivial" aspects of life.
Thank you.
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
whitebuffalo altho I am 13 I am a quick learner because I got bored one day while my two cousins(talicia and adrienne) were sleepin over. In 15 minutes I knew who was walking around my house along with stuff I'm interested in. Find me a video game I am not good at and leave me with it for 2 minutes to learn the controls and then I will be really good at the game altho in school I am not so good at paying attention 😆
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
It sounds to me that you might have some clairvoyant abilities. Most people, even those who actively seek the supernatural, never experience a full bodied aparation, let alone two.
You may be in for experiences like this for the rest of your life!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
Hi Cody13Smith. I am sorry for the loss of your baby brother and your cousin. I have to agree with FRAWIN and Bellissima on this one. In your heart you believe what you saw was your brother and your cousin. I will not say otherwise. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Cody, it seems you have decided what the causes of the happenings were. You would like to see/hear your relatives and so you did. You may be experiencing grief and it may be what you wanted it to be. You know the truth of what happened. If you feel comforted with the explanation that they have visited you then that is what it is.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hello Cody13Smith. Thank you for sharing you story with us. I will not try to analyze your experiences. Only you know for certainity what happened. I will say that I and others here will be praying for you as you go through your grief process. God Bless.

FRAWIN
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Thank you Cody.
I was just asking as I thought perhaps there was some kind of scientific test in which you could determine, just by sound, how old an entity was by the sound of their footsteps. Sounds like you have a fool proof explanation there. Thank you.
yorkster1234 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
i think I see me cousins that died over 22 years ago!
Imagine that!
A diesel truck accident in Louisianna
Ever where I turn I see something it is so cool!
But scary too!
I don't know what my emotions are!
You will get this feeling a TON after a family death. 😨 😭 😢
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
white buffolo if you live in a house long enough you can tell wich age they are between the power of the walking on the floor because my floor does creek a lot and so I don't get scared of creeking stuff
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hello Cody.
Kat is right, you could be working through your grief process and what you may be hearing and seeing could just be the manifestation of your grief. In other words, you could be hallucinating and seeing what is not there...
Or, you may have had two separate visits from two people who want you to know that they are all right. I think it is possible that your brother, even though he died in childbirth, to come to you. After all, he WAS your brother for the nine months (give or take some, as I do not know if his was a full term pregnancy) that he was with your family.
I have questions about the cousin story though. I am wondering what a sixteen year old's walk sounds like. I am also wondering if in the past she had lived in your home. I am trying to understand why she would come to your house just to go to bed in your parents room. But who is to say what is normal activity to a ghost?
You know what you experienced.
Thank you for your story.
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hi Cody.
Im sorry to hear of your losses.
Based on the fact that you have had the loss of someone you loved not once but twice in your life I would suggest that you may have been correct in saying that you could have been hallucinating, grief affects us all in odd and different ways, if you love and want someone so bad you can start convincing yourself these things are really happening and you want the "culprits" of thses noises etc to be that person, sometimes it can be put down to your imagination and a rickety house, saying that, it could have been your loved ones, only you know in your heart of hearts if it was them.
Katie x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: