You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: It's Wasn't my Mom

Real Ghost Stories

It's Wasn't my Mom

 

I woke up one Thursday unable to go back to sleep. I didn't bother to check the time because I was sure that it was almost time for school. Facing my wall I laid in my bed waiting for my mom to come in and wake me up for school. Suddenly, I heard my door open. I was sure it was my door because my door is made of metal and makes a big clanking noise when you touch it. Footsteps neared my bed, but I didn't turn around because I was sure it was my mom.

Then I felt someone sit on my bed, I could feel the person's weight on my bed and their body on my legs. I closed my eyes tight and hoped that my mom would let me sleep a little longer... But she did not say anything. After about one minute of sitting there the person got up. The weight lifted off and I heard more footsteps and finally my door closing again. I went back to sleep and when I woke, it was because my mom had come to wake me.

I asked her about the night... If she had come in... She said she hadn't gotten up all night, still confused I asked my dad; he had not gotten up either. So then I knew that something else was in my room that night. Still, my cousin spent the night a few weeks later he slept on the living room couch.

In the morning he told us that he felt someone sit on the couch while he lay awake in the middle of the night. Unlike me, he turned to see what it was. He said he saw a dark silhouette sitting on the couch. He wrapped himself in the covers and hoped to sleep again. Freaky!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Helena, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Hello Helena. You do not have anything to worry about. That was your guide or your protector checking in on you to make sure you were alright. I believe that 'the sight' runs in the genes. That is why your cousin also saw this being. Did anything else ever happen in the house? Has anyone else seen, felt or heard anything? Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Hi Helena. It could be possible that the spirit of someone known to you or your family has come to check on you and maybe your household as well. Has anyone else in your home had anything unusual happen to them? It's possible you (and your cousin) are more sensitive to spirits and that could explain why no one else has experienced anything. Let us know if anything more happens, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks for sharing your experiences, I enjoyed your story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Are you certain there were no other family members who could have sat beside you and your cousin? Are there pets in the house?

I would not be frightened, if it is not easily explained by natural means, from your descriptions, it does not appear that who ever or what ever is visiting you wants anything but for you to be aware of its presence.

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hi Helena,
I do not think you have anything to worry about, just consider it as a bedcheck. Whoever it is, is there as a protector. I myself like the idea of having "friends" on both sides of the veil. If by chance when I pass over and become a protector I will have a full workload, I am know as "Uncle Frank" by many- both blood and friend. Consider yourself blessed.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hello Helena.
Often times in our lives we are given protectors. Sometimes they just check in on us when we sleep (like what has happened here to yourself and to your cousin) sometimes they do more for us. But I think this is a case when your comfort and safety was important.
I find it comforting to know that my children have an extra grandparent. (In our home, an older person who is in our life, whether they are related by blood or life is called a grandparent. The highest form of respect we can give to them is to call them Grandma or Grandpa, to acknowledge their wisdom through age) I can not always be with my children and the extra, gentle help is often appreciated.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: