You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hold The Door

Real Ghost Stories

Hold The Door

 

Actually, this is my second story to be published here, the first one was in my other account. Unfortunately, that account was 3 years ago and I did not open that account since then. It's probably lost in the deep web (let's hope this account won't get lost).

Short introduction, I live in the Philippines, straight outta south of Manila, a city called Las Piñas.

Now, I'll get to it. This is not Game of Thrones. No Hodors here. This is about my experience that got me shook, cause I'm an atheist and that experience got me contemplating: I don't believe in God, I believe in science, then, how come that happened?

It was summer, 2006, my brother and I went to our Aunt's house for vacation, which is in Parañaque City, just north side of Las Piñas. Our cousins went also, it's like the vacation house where we all come together and have fun. The house was huge and it's built in 1990's, nothing unusual, it was decently modern. Although, it really gave us a lot of goosebumps.

To add excitement to our vacation, our Grandma was coming home from the US that time. When the day finally came, our Uncle and Aunt told us that they will go and pick her up in the evening. It was around 7pm, all of us were downstairs waiting for them. I got hungry, I asked my cousin to come with me to the kitchen to get some cake. I went and got a fork and plate from the dirty kitchen.

The dirty kitchen has two doors and has small space. One door goes out to the back of the house where the laundry is done, the other is where you go in to the dirty kitchen. When I was getting the fork and plate, the door going to the back was locked. When I got out the dirty kitchen, I locked the door (which is where you go in). We stayed for a couple of minutes eating cake on a table near the dirty kitchen.

When all of a sudden, the door to the dirty kitchen suddenly just banged. Like someone pushed it from the other side. We checked if there was someone inside, perhaps our cousin or brother who we didn't noticed, when we opened the door, there was nobody inside. We ran in fear and told our cousins what happened.

Like I said, the kitchen has only small space, if all doors are closed, there is no way air could enter. There was an exhaust fan, but still, it can't cause the door to violently bang like someone is trying to get out or knock heavy.

I will be publishing stories from time to time to keep my new account active, I heard the deep web is not a nice place. There will be more stories about this house. If you have anything to comment, I don't care. Just kidding. Please share your thoughts!

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Primordial-Trimurti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

robertseven (6 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-12-15)
I know I know, I'm four years late to the party, but YGS is always teaching me something new. I'd never heard of a "dirty kitchen." As for the door banging, it's not really possible to say why it happened, though things like that do cause one to come close to cardiac arrest. Thanks for sharing this story!
AnnieLouise (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-24)
Are you sure the door banging could not of a draft? It sounds as if the door latch could not have caught quite right, and the wind pushed it open. And I'm curious, what was your other paranormal experience?
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-20)
So, a 'dirty kitchen' isn't quite what I thought either. I thought perhaps it was like a dish-washing room. 🤔 Thanks for clarifying for us, 50ftqueen!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-20)
50ftqueen: thanks, your clarification helps a lot, due to cultural differences it's easy to understand if readers think a 'dirty kitchen' to be a filthy place unfit for meal preparation or, at least, that's what I imagined. 😜
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-03-20)
Hi, in the philippines there are usually two "kitchens" in a household. One for dining or prepping meals, and one "dirty kitchen" where the actual cooking happens.:) hope this helps!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
All that talking about the dirty kitchen makes me wonder if it is in such a stage of neglect as for the door to close on it's own due to rusty hinges or if something fell in the cupboards.
What did your cousins say after you told them about your experience?

Though I always tend to look for logical and scientific explanations for any WTH moment, I agree with the previous posters about science not having all the answers, the important point is to learn to see the difference between superstition and genuinely unexplained facts.

If you want to find your previous story the only thing you need to do is going to the 'Main Menu' an from there to the 'Archives' section, there is an option where the stories are grouped by country. This should be easy to do if you still remember the title of the story.

Thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
While it is true that the deep web, dark web, etc. Is an unpleasant place (unless you're into that sort of thing...), stories on this site stay here pretty much indefinitely, I believe. So perhaps you can find it and link to it?

Science, imo, is like a piece of Swiss cheese: essentially solid but with gaps. In those gaps lay things not yet studied, explored, explained, etc. Most people, sadly, view science as a body of knowledge but it really is a process for finding answers to questions, puzzles and situations. Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

So, if we can't find an explanation for the situation in the solutions already found by science, then it is time to start filling in the holes in the cheese.

Also, I think cheddar tastes better than Swiss. 😉
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
I'm kind of amused you call it the dirty kitchen. Is that in truth or in jest? If it was dirty maybe it had a rat or roaches and that's what made the noise?

Ok,just joking. I understand the inner turmoil of grappling with these bigger ideas of athesim or belief in the afterlife. I do believe in a religious system and it still really bothers me the things I've seen in my life. I find myself thinking of these bigger issues all the time. Yes there are always scientific explanations but it's the big "what if" there is more than just Science... Whatever you come to terms with, best wishes on your journey.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: