You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Red Hood

Real Ghost Stories

Red Hood

 

I swear that every word is true as best as I can remember. I am 24 years old and this happened when I was about 13-14 years old and my brother was 16-17, it was mid May and we had only been in our new house for about a year. So my brother and I were up late for some reason, it was about 2 A.M. And we both had this feeling to go to the front of our house, this was already unusual because we weren't in the same room or even talking to each other but we both got up at the same time. We headed toward the living room and looked out the window toward the street, it was a little foggy which wasn't unusual for the time of year at first we didn't see anything so we looked away and talked for a bit after about a minute we looked back outside to see a figure in a red hood and red scarf moving fast down the middle of the road, almost a sprint but not quite that fast. As freaked out as we were, we watched but felt like we had to hide ourselves so we didn't get spotted. The figure moved very smoothly for how fast it was and vanished into the fog, almost melting into it.

Of course we both freaked out and ran into my brothers room and checked out our windows for the figure hoping it didn't see us, we tried to rationalize what we had seen but couldn't think of anything. The next day we told our Mom what we had seen but she didn't believe us, and yes she does also believe in ghost and such, she thought we had made it up just because we wanted too. To this day neiher me or my brother have seen it since but also never found anything out about what we may have seen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blopski, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-10)
blopski - I wonder if perhaps you and your brother heard a slight noise coming from the red-hooded figure. DarkStar mentioned wheels on a skateboard. I am thinking, rather than being noiseless, you and your brother were able to hear the swooshing sound of the wheels. I honestly think something caught both the attention of you and your brother, which made you both decide to check it out.
DarkStar (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-09)
Red Riding Hood on a hoverboard... Seriously though, I agree with Spockie, with the addition of a skateboard that the figure was riding on.

A skateboard would provide both the speed and the smoothness of motion that the OP observed, and depending on the wheel material and the road surface, it could be very quiet, almost silent. That plus the fog could look pretty uncanny at two in the morning.

DarkStar
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-09)
You know, it could have been a regular person in a red hoodie hurrying down the street. Not everything is paranormal. Perhaps the fog just lent an air of mystery to a simple, common occurance.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-08)
[at] Lucia: I was hanging out with some of my cousins in PA and doing some random weirdness. As a friend of mine once said, "everything is funny when you're this tired."
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-08)
I'm I PA too and would also like to know what county. It does get pretty foggy sometimes but... I need more details.
roylynx (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-08)
A red hooded figure at 2-ish vanishing in fog? When was there fogs in your story? Did it suddenly become foggy? Straaaange...
I am sitting on the fence watching... Perhaps not I will just say this is so unreal since the OP is not participating on the discussion.

Nice try
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-08)
I have one question, for a reason, but what county in Pennsylvania were you in at the time? 😁
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-08)
Ah lady-glow - For me, you conjured up visions of Marty McFly cruising around on his hoverboard in the fog - wearing a red bomber jacket. Maybe he came back to the future in Pennsylvania. 😉
Winnie the Pooh would have 'snuck' through the back door looking for honey in the kitchen. 'Oh My'!


Blopski - I agree with RSAChick's line of reasoning, you were young, 10 years had passed and fog does have a tendency to be thicker at ground level (possibly obscuring evidence of a vehicle).

In my youth, I was punked into believing that I (and my friends) had seen a UFO taking off by some Army guys using a weather balloon on a foggy night... Their laughter gave them away.

Point is - a partial glimpse in a short space of time can lead sane people to all sorts of conclusions. If it wasn't for those Army guys blowing their cover, I'd still believe that we had all seen a genuine UFO that night.

Regards,
Rex-T
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
blopski - it's possible that if your brother and you hadn't ran, you could have seen the big, bad wolf, little red Riding Hood's grandma and, with some luck, even the three little pigs and Winnie the Pooh. 😏
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
Sorry but I don't think this is a paranormal experience. More of the kind of stories told in sleepovers.

New versions of red riding hood 😆 😆
Serenflipppity (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
From the opening words "I swear that every word is true..." and the decision to not participate - I can't help but feel this is a piece of fiction. But perhaps it's not a gut feeling; just indigestion LOL

Little Red Riding around in the Hood. ^.^
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
lady-glow, little red riding hood floating in the fog at 2am... Now that is scary! Lol
RSAChick (115 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
Hi there, Blopski
A pity you won't participate as I need more info.

Seeing as it was foggy and dark (being 2am), visibility and sound are reduced. Can you recall after a decade if there were street lights and how foggy it was?

This could perhaps have been something non-paranormal, like someone on a moped or scooter motorcycle travelling on your street. The vehicle and its sound obscured by the fog. And the figure looking scary because of limited visibility in general.

Why you and your brother both decided to go to the front of the house remains a mystery. Perhaps you both heard the possible moped coming from a distance and went to investigate?

This happened a decade ago to two teenagers and perhaps you have worked each other up about this over time.

Not discounting your experience, but perhaps this is just a creepy, shared story to tell each other when you get together, but possibly not paranormal.

Thanks for sharing!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
Perhaps it was a cos player dressed like Little Red Riding Hood on a hoverboard?😝

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: