You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Prophetic Dreams And Attachment?

Real Ghost Stories

Prophetic Dreams And Attachment?

 

I've had a few encounters over the short time I've been alive. I've always been sensitive to people's emotions, or I'll have prophetic dreams. They're nothing too spectacular, just a snapshot into the future and when I encounter what I dreamed about (usually a week to about a month after I have the dream) Then I'll realize one of my dreams came true.

Now, this is kind of related to my encounter. I never saw the spirit, or whatever presence was attached to me, but I imagined it was a little girl. I don't have any way of knowing for sure because she's left me now, but my gut feeling told me it was a little girl about 8-9 years old. She followed me around for a good two weeks, almost like she wanted to talk to me, but couldn't figure out how.

She'd been following me around for a couple days when I first tried reaching out to her. I don't remember what exactly I said to her, but I acknowledged her presence and asked her what she wanted. I got no response and went to bed for the night only to have a pretty freaky nightmare of a shadowy figure chasing me through someplace... All I know is it was cramped and dark. (My dreams tend to be vague like that.) I was somewhat lucid during it. I was aware of what was going on, but something else was choosing where I'd go.

Every night, I felt the little girl's eyes on me and it was always from the same spot in my room. I lost sleep over her being there for a little while. Then I had a prophetic dream, only this time, the little girl was there. There was a shop stall of some sort, and I was moving fast down a road of some kind. The little girl was huddled down near the stall, and I was just left staring, my mouth hanging open. I couldn't make out any details of the girl. It was just some sort of blob off to the side, but my gut feeling told me it was her.

A couple of days later, I went on a camping trip with a friend of mine, and I got to know what my dream was about. The stall was actually a grill. The campsite had hired some chefs and they were cooking things like chicken and ribs. We were moving fast because we were on a golf cart. Only this time, there was no blob or little girl. I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. I knew she was there, but I couldn't see her.

One day, I was exhausted. I was tired from school and not getting much sleep, so I talked to her again. I told her she needed to leave and to stop following me around. She left me, and I haven't felt anything like that since. I almost miss her, and I find myself hoping she made it to wherever she needed to go.

I never heard the spirit talk to me, and I never saw her. I just got the feeling it was a young girl. I'm not sure what her appearing in my dreams meant either, or if the nightmare had something to do with her, or if I was just freaking myself out. I'm mostly posting this to get it off of my mind, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MMMobear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-29)
I gathered the same impression, Dee, and I found this young author's account to be well organized and astutely conveyed. Heaven knows, just because an author is young doesn't mean that every word from their "pen" is uncreditable.

I had similar dreams when I was near your age, MMMobear. Just like yours, they were nothing earth shattering, often just mundane things that I would realize my dream had predicted after the fact - things like a distant relative calling out of the blue, a swimming accident where I could've been hurt, etc.

Your experience with the little girl is curious. Maybe do a bit of research on the camp ground or through local papers to search for any missing children in her age range.

I also agree with Dee in her suggestion of a dream journal. I think you may find it very helpful and possibly enlightening 😊
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Sushantkar,

I think the author used the term 'attachment' because of the little girl following her around (attached) and the prophetic dreams may have something to do with dream themes, actions or locations taking place in waking life too. I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it. 😊

❤ Dee
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Hi there MMMobear,

Welcome to YGS. It's hard to say what the little girl wanted as there wasn't really any type of communication on her part. She does sound respectful though as she left after you asked her to. I would definitely start keeping a dream journal as this would help prove any prophetic dreams and/or issues your subconscious is trying to bring to the forefront. You'd be surprised at the details you'll remember in a short time too. 😉

All the best ❤
Dee
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Dear MMMobear, I am bit curious that how you memorize you prophetic dreams? Do you make generals of your dreams or do you just remember them? Do you also draw pictures of the surrounding or say location which you saw?

Also I am bit surprised about your camping trip on golf cart with cheifs around.
I don't sound to be offended but your submission didn't have revalent linkups to justify your title "Prophetic Dreams And Attachment" and neither your submission had any proper intel regarding your experience.

I generally don't like to read submissions form juvenile authors and that has a strong reason too.

No offense ment.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: