You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Attachment To The Paranormal

Real Ghost Stories

Attachment To The Paranormal

 

Ever since I was little I always felt an attachment to the paranormal. This feeling was intensified when the shade of my grandmother (I use to term shade to describe her appearance) tried to communicate with me through her makeup mirror. She was sitting in her rocking chair looking at me with a smile and mouthing words (although I could not make out what she was saying). She had a sort of smoky appearance to her and she created no shadow. Anyways ever since this experience, a great many odd events began to happen to me. Some good and some bad. Things would move right in front of me or behind my back. I would hear sounds that came from nowhere. Lights would flicker, and things would work, then stop, then work, then stop (TV, radio etc.). Anyways I never minded them; however something incredibly frightening happened recently.

I was sleeping alone at home when I woke in the middle of the night with what I could diagnose as sleep paralysis. There was a very large shadow right beside me where my head just happened to be turned with my eyes wide open. I felt like something was sitting on me. I wanted to scream. I eventually mustered up the strength to yell: GET OUT! The shade then vanished and I was able to move once more. The normal paranormal stuff is becoming more violent and I don't know why. Can someone please explain? (My home is new and nothing has died here)

Other hauntings by BriBri

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BriBri, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Versus (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
The shadowy presence by your bed is really common. Although a physical force strong enough to hold you down is more serious as it could be an indication it was trying to, at leat partially, gain control over you. A presence this strong generally attaches itself to certain people but gains its strength through fear. When you feel it's presence it's best to acknowledge, mentally that it's there and try your hardest to let the fear flow from you. The fact that you have a physical body makes you stronger than any physical presence, it's the unknown that's frigtening. Good luck.
jeffosirius (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
your Grandmother is clearly watching over you, my Godmother does the same for me, even now as I write this I feel her and I'm calm from her presence, I bet you get the same feeling with your Grandmother.
It's strange but we are having similar experiences even down to the violent nature of current events,
I hope it's over the conflict I mean, because I don't mind the chill or the open minded sight, but being afraid to sleep for fear of assault is crossing the borders I guess... So take care and remain strong and maybe whatever it is that attacked you will fear the challenge and leave you alone.
BriBri (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
kedrioblivion,Thanks for your response. The violent events have calmed down for now. I fear that I've angered the shadow, although I haven't seen it, some form of presence is still clear. I may perform a cleansing on my home, or prepare barriers that I've been told are effective. There's also some new events that have occurred which shall be published shortly.
kedrioblivion (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Suff like this happens to a lot of people. I think its just something attached to you. I have had many experiences in many different house since I moved a lot. I never thought it was the houses after a while. Turns out that something connected itself to me for some odd reason. I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but its here. It hurts me and helps me, I'll never understand but, it might just have a strange connection to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: