You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Grocery Store Ghost 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Grocery Store Ghost 2

 

After the incident described in part 1, I never experienced anything of that magnitude again. I did however have a few more experiences that left me wondering. There were plenty of times that you could hear inexplicable noises. There were the "classic crashes" when nothing had fell. The sound that made me scratch my head the most, was the sound of the front door being unlocked after closing.

One evening about two years ago when I got to work, I went straight to the boss's office to tell him that I had received a summons for jury duty. After talking about the summons for a few minutes I started to leave when the boss says, "Oh by the way why did you leave the shopping basket rack sitting in the middle of the floor last night..." I insisted that I didn't move the rack at all. He said that it wasn't a big deal, he figured I moved it to sweep under it and had forgot to put it back. I told him that if I had of moved it to sweep, that I would have moved it back when I mopped. It was then when we both realized, it had to have been Susie. Susie was our pet name for whatever was in the store.

The other two times that I saw something was through the monitor in the office, both times after closing. The first thing I saw was a large black mass standing in the first aisle. It watching my part-time kid mopping the floor. I saw it in the office monitor as I was counting up the register. I was keeping an eye on the kid. He was new and we weren't sure about his honesty. The mass had a vague human shape, although you couldn't make out any arms or legs. You could make out a head but no facial features. I stepped out to see if I could actually see it but I couldn't. When I stepped back in the office and looked at the monitor you couldn't see it anymore. I never said anything to the kid about it. I didn't want to have to finish mopping.

The second time was right about the same time period. I had closed up and was in the office counting up. I had a habit of keeping an eye on the monitor, especially when I was there alone. We had a four-way system and on the outside camera feed I noticed a large blue orb. Now I'm not one to put much stock in orbs because there are too many things they can be. This one was different. It was about the size of a volleyball and it was solid blue. It floated around as if it was hunting for something. It lasted a good two to three minutes and it was gone. It didn't fly away or get out of camera range, it just vanished.

I quit the store in October of 2007 and I just miss two things, all the kids I made friends with and "Susie..."

[note from the webmaster: the author of this story has informed us in november 3, 2016 that he was actually victim of a hoax]

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FRAWIN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-02)
Dear community: Recently the author of this story has contacted us with the information that this entire scenario/s was a hoax perpetrated by the shop owner.
FRAWIN is and has been a very reputable part of the community and has expressed his sincere apology as he feels he has let us down. I think we should, in return, thank him for coming forward and letting us know.
These things happen, and it's unfortunate that there are still those who would make light of our belief in the paranormal in an attempt to make us appear crazy or dumb, or just to spoof us in order to get a laugh.
Thumbs up to you FRAWIN, and thank you for your honesty! ❀ ❀ ❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hello troyarn. I am glad you enjoy my stories. You know, the funny thing is I have enjoyed experiencing them, sure some of them scared me at the time but they have opened up an avenue that few people get to experience and for that I am thankful. Take Care.

FRAWIN
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
more good stuff here, Frawin. I enjoy your stories (till bedtime) and will be reading more soon.
lilfrawin (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-24)
Dad, I've decided that I'm going to stop reading your stories at night when I have to come home late. Schmoo should expect a visit at the station from me. I always did get a funny feeling in that store at night.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Hello FRAWIN and Buffy. Urrrrr... I mean SHAGGY and VELMA! πŸ˜†

How are ya'll? :P

Buffy AKA Velma~ I was thinking the same thing about the ACE part when I read it yesterday. I am pretty sure FRAWIN was just being nice because after all he is a gentleman! 😊
I'm sure you know that! Just making sure though! Ya' never know, right? You seem very intelligent so I guess I shouldn't have even said that!
Anyhow, are you going to open up an account on FRAPPR!.com with FRAWIN and I? Just so's we can talk about, well, whatever.

Well, talk at ya' later gator!

SHELBY AKA DAPHNE AKA CURLY ❀
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Hmmm, that would allow me to practice the talent of diverse rolls, would it not?

Uh, are you SURE they call you a smart ACE? A similar word has come to mind occasionally while reading your comments, but I do not think ace was it... πŸ˜†
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Well... I guess you could be Moe if you really want to and I'll be Larry-the smart one. After all people use to call me a smart ace all the time... Or was it something else πŸ˜• I can't remember πŸ˜†.

FRAWIN ❀
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Oooh, Oooh, I take Shemp! Only problem is, he was not in a lot of the things that the others had their hands in... Hmmm, Have to think on that one πŸ˜‰ I loved Shemp though...
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Hi WB, It's good to have you back. I never thought of it but the "blue" in G3's room could be an angel keeping a eye on him and the house. The orb I saw was the same color but was perfectly round. It would put you in mind of the orb on the wizard of oz that glenda traveled in.
I got the impression that the mass I saw was non-threatening,probably a former owner or worker. Sometimes I think that if I ever come back I'd probably be seen at the store too.
If you've read what me and Shelby was talking about-putting faces to our names you can see what I look like by clicking on my frappr link on my profile page. Shelby has put her picture on her profile page.

Well you can either be Larry or Shemp,we've got dibs on the other two πŸ˜†.

FRAWIN ❀ 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Hi Guys! THE FUN HAS ARRIVED!
Say, you know that video that Martin linked to his comment? That is the blue light that I keep asking about in my four year old's room up in the corner by the ceiling. I hear the folks on the youtube saying they thought it was an angel. Could that be what is in his room?
I think the black mass was helping you keep an eye on the newbie too. Maybe it was keeping an eye on what it still feels is it's investments also. Nice to know we have extra eyes when we need them, is it not?

Ok, by process of elimination, I have to be the brainiac AND Larry? I guess the "Larry" could fly as it closely resembles a given name of mine, but the BRANIAC? I have NEVER been accused of being brilliant πŸ˜†!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Shelby, I got a reply from buffy,she's all right, just tired and busy. She said she'd be back on in f few days. LATER...gator.

FRAWIN 😊 ❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
Hey Shelby. I hollered at buffy yesterday via email and I've not gotten a reply yet. Have you heard anything yet.

FRAWIN
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hello "FRAWIN AKA SHAGGY AKA MOE! Those three names are soooo... Long..., but it is soooo... Much fun to refer to you as those names! :oP Where the heck are you anyway? Have you heard or emailed Buffy? I hope she's just busy and that everything is okee-dokee!

Well talk to you later!

SHELBY AKA DAPHNE AKA CURLY OR MUSTANG AKA SHELBY AKA DAPHNE AKA CURLY! ❀ 😊 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Well goodnight Shelby, get your rest. I know that with four kids you need all the rest you can get. Being a fulltime mom is a fulltime job. Good night and God Bless You.

FRAWIN 😊 ❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Me Moe, you Curly, so Buffy have to be Larry πŸ˜†. Well you have been added to my friends list. My name should appear on your friends list. If it don't then I'll have to figure it out.

-FRAWIN 😊-MOE ❀ -SHAGGY
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Shaggy, I was only kidding you, honestly! Also, you did get the darker color of the brown part of my hair correct, on top of the natural blonde highlights. πŸ˜‰ Pretty good! Naturally it is a light-brown with blonde highlights.

I don't know if it is me being tired, but I didn't even think of Buffy's email. I didn't get much sleep last night so I am really tired. With four kids I can't a break nor a nap! I should be going to bed now.

SHELBY AKA DAPHNE AKA CURLY
It really should be, MUSTANG AKA SHELBY AKA DAPNE AKA CURLY! That'll take the breath outta ya'! πŸ˜†
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
By the way, I saw that you signed FRAWIN-SHAGGY-MOE! In other words, FRAWIN AKA SHAGGY AKA MOE. Well, Buffy asked me which one I will be and I will answer that now! I shall be Curly, SHELBY AKA DAPHNE AKA CURLY! Curly was always my favorite. WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP!
πŸ˜†

SHELBY ❀ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
I figured we could either post on one of her stories or drop her an email,that's the only way that I know to.I'm not good enough with my ESP yet to get inside her head. Just hope she's just been too busy and not having any more problems with her "guests".

FRAWIN ❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hello Shelby, I'll go and see if I can figure out how to send invites, I use to know but I've not fooled wth it in a while.

No not in the slightest was I refering to you as a dumb blonde, hey I'm a blonde, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. πŸ˜† It is just sometimes I can close my eyes and try to picture things and a lot of times what I picture is correct. When I tried to imagine what you looked liked I pictured you with either blonde or brownish colored hair. I got your face pretty close but I missed the hair.
My Dad always told me that the best way for an homely guy to look good is to surround himself with good looking people. I think I have acheived success 😊.

FRAWIN ❀
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
By the way, how are we going to check on Buffy AKA Velma unless we post a comment asking "what's up?", on one of her stories? Unless that is what you meant!

Shelby ❀ 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hey, so, I DID sign up on FRAPPER!, BUT, for some reason I have difficulties requesting you to add me to your friend list. Hmmm... πŸ˜• Who knows!

By the way I dye my hair darker like that for change. My natural hair color is dirty blonde. Anyhow, why did you ask that? I certainly hope it's not that you think I am that 'steriotypical dumba** airhead"! I certainly don't think so. I don't think you think that, but ya' know a gal must ask. 😊

Shelby ❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hello Shelby, Yes I did and now we all have a face to put with our names. Although you don't look like I imagined(for some reason I pictured you as blonde- no offense), you are a beautiful young lady. I don't go to that site very often but since you signed up I'll keep closer watch. Maybe if Buffy signs on too we'll have a place for our crazy conversations that don't quite fit in here. Speaking of Buffy I've not seen her here for 2 or 3 days-hope nothing has flared back up. If she don't show in a few days we'll check on her.

FRAWIN-MOE-SHAGGY 😊 ❀
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hi Shaggy! I was able to get it now! Your ugly mug? What are you speaking of? You are a handsome gentleman if I do say so myself. And I do! Hey, I went ahead and signed up to this site(FRAPPR!) so I could communicate with you by other means and so you would add me to your friends. 😊 How often do you frequent this site anyhow?

So, as I asked before. Did you bother to see my picture on my prifile so's you know who you are speaking to?

Shelby
❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hey DAPHNE, try again. I had too many http's on the address. I THINK I've fixed it.

---SHAGGY--- ❀
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hey Shaggy! =P So did you put a face to my name? I tried to go under your site but to no avail. πŸ˜• I could tell you how to post it, however, I had my, soon-to-be fifteen year old daughter do it for me because I was taking FOREVER and gave up. Sorry! If I find out how before someone tells you, then I will inturn advise you. 😊

Hey, what happened to Buffy? It's odd that she has skipped more than a day, if a day. I hope everything is alright.

Shelby AKA Daphne πŸ˜‰
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hey Shelby, if you want to know what I look like, go to my profile page and click on the link to my frappr site my ugly mug is on that page. If you can't access it tell me and I'll try to post my picture here. Someone will have to tell me how.

FRAWIN ❀
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hey FRAWIN. I added my picture to my profile if you are interested in seeing what I look like. I usually do not do this but what the hell. You, me and whitebuffalo are pretty close, atleast as close as a person can be over the net and I wanted you to see who you are talking to. You know, put a face to the name?! I know that you probably won't put your picture on here but I know what whitebuffalo looks like from her MySpace page and I would like to know what you lool like so I can put a face to the name. If you are uncomfortable doing that, that's perfectly fine, I totally understand.

Talk at ya' later!
Shelby ❀ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Thank you Ohiowatha for your vote of confidence in my posts. I will wear it as a badge of honor, seeing how it came from our "Resident Skeptic". I find it hard enough dealing with the truth in paranormal events without having to deal with the embellishments, half-truths and outright lies. I have said it before and I will say it again:I will print the truth or nothing at all. Take care my friend.

FRAWIN 😐 😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
I love being able to read a post from a reliable writer an never once have to be skeptical. You know everything this guy writes is factual.

Thanks again, Fraw.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
And so he says, casually, "Now to get to work on my other ones..." Well, hurry up man, hurry up!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: