You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Red Lily

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Lily

 

[Sorry for bad english, this is my first story on my real experience... So enjoy!]

Hi friends, I live in Mumbai and I play as a Goalkeeper for a local football club. Just to be frank, I didn't believed in ghosts and supernaturals. I belong from a family with love and kind nature and strong will power.

We used to share some life based ghost stories in our group of friends but, I was that notorious and over smart guy who

Used to laugh and play stupid pranks just to annoy them.

Coming to the real event, it was september, 2018. It was monsoon season in Mumbai (Approx. It was 2nd week).

A normal routine day for me. I was jogging in a local park just after a heavy shower of rain which was pouring from last night had halted.

The park had a garden near it with a gutter about 6 meters wide at some distance. The flow in the gutter was heavy and could have easily carried away a grown up man. The time was in early morning around 7-8 a.m. After jogging for few hours, I went to nearby bench to rest and recover. The bench was exactly to the side where gutter was.

After 5-6 minutes I started hearing someone screaming at top of voice. I soon realized that the noise was coming from the

Gutter which was at some distance from the bench (I was sitting on). Without thinking further, I quickly ran towards the gutter to see, if someone was in danger.

After reaching to gutter, I saw that a kid of around 7-8 years of age had nearly fell into the gutter but had luckily held the pipe which was parallel to that of a gutter. His body wasn't submerged in the water but his legs were very near to the flow. I hurried towards the boy and tried reaching him with my body flat on the ground and my hands completely stretched out to pull him upwards. I was successful in reaching him without much problem but when I tried pulling the kid upwards suddenly his body became much heavier and it was as if someone was completely nullifying the pull efforts of mine. I held the kids hand firmly so even if he loses the grip he would not fall into the flow. Soon after my rescuing efforts failed, I tried calling for help but unfortunately there was no one around to hear my call. So I made up my mind that it was my duty to find out some other way.

I moved myself closer to check on that boy and to my shock I saw pale white hands coming out from gutter had held the kid's leg firmly! I wasn't dreaming, but I couldn't believe that this was even real. The flow in gutter was really strong and could have easily carried away anyone easily.

My hands started to pain, but I had made up my mind of rescuing the boy no matter if I had to fight the ghost myself. First, I tried to calm the boy and win his trust.

Soon, after this a lady came running from the park and helped me pull the boy out of gutter. The boy was shaking with fear and crying, to which we handled this carefully and by not frightening him more.

By then, it was 11 a.m. Approximately. When we dropped the boy home and explained the whole situation to his mother. His mother thanked us both and soon we returned to the park in my car. While in car, I asked the lady if she too had seen the hands or was it just my mind playing tricks? She replied to me, "Maine bhi dekha tha, aur mai bhi darr gayi, lekin fir himmat kar, maine kuch mantra bole" [I had observed the hands too and at first I was horrified but then gathering courage I chanted some divine verses] and they were gone in thin air...

I thanked her for help or I really had needed her in first place as an angel from heaven. She was young and beautiful maybe in her early 20s. But the worst thing of all was I simply forgot to ask her name and number, not even address (OH GOD PLEASE!)

I could easily tell that she was not from my area since this was the last time I met her. But on thing I would confess that,

I really fell in love with that charming girl. Soon, I returned to my daily routine...

The experience was an eye opener for me and was real horror but am still happy about the success in our rescue operation

And all positive events from it.

[Now, you must have understood the reason behind this Title the RED colour depicts the situation in which we fell and LILY depicts the beauty of that angel].

I can't really guarantee my next experience here but, you guys/ladies are awesome & your ghost experiences which I always read, are really scary. THANKS FOR READING. CYA!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hypervenomX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SassyCat (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-11)
Which area of Mumbai was this? I'll stay clear of it when monsoon arrives again.
Donald_Trumpet (18 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-20)
Pennywise the clown did it again! 😁

A pretty girl is always distracting. 😁 😁
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-16)
I thought the story was about the pale hands holding the child but it seems that you are pertaining more on the lady who helped you.

Do you happen to know any story that might link to the pale hands? Maybe someone who got drowned before then haunts the place now?

Or, I am also thinking what if the pale hands were actually from a live person? Hands were pale due to long time in the water?

Good job in relaying this story. Your English isn't bad:)
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-15)
RCRuskin,

I was able to up vote Lady-glow for you. I have to say, you needed an up vote also.

Cheers,
Jan
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-15)
Dunno why, Lady Glow, but it won't let me upvote you. Guess you have to stop making sense?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-04-14)
I find it very disturbing that a 7-8 y/o kid was wandering all by himself around such a dangerous place and such early in the morning without his parents wondering where he was.

So, you held to the boy's hand for 3-4 hours, and after jogging for few hours, right?
Keep the good work, I bet you are buff enough to make Salman Khan feel jealous. 😉 (Just kidding)

I'm glad to hear that no one got hurt... Other than your heart.

Are you aware of any history and legends/paranormal activity registered in that area, particularly in the culvert?
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-13)
Wow pretty intense. I enjoyed your story. So you think the woman was an angel?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: