You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Soldier Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Soldier Ghost

 

This happened around 2009 when my family moved in to this old house that was built in the 60s. It was a two storey house with 4 bedrooms, 2 on the 2nd floor where my room is and my little brother has also. The Master's bedroom is on the first floor and another room for my older brother. It has a basement as well which we rarely go to unless necessary.

It is always cold down in the basement even in summer and I always felt like there is someone downstairs with us that we don't see. I've always been sensitive to the energies around me. I don't know how to describe it but it's like tingling sensations you experience at the back of your head or sometimes on my arms depending on where that energy is concentrated from. With that sensation I kind of feel some sort of weird emotions. That's why it's easy for me to tell if like I'm entering a house or place I get overwhelmed with strong emotions of sadness or hate I don't know it's just comes natural to me.

Now whenever I go to this basement of ours I always feel like I get overwhelmed with sadness, like you want to cry but you couldn't.

I shrugged it off as possibly my weird imagination or maybe I was just that sad that time even though I don't have a reason to be.

So a few nights living in that house something happened that kind of freaked me out. My room was on the 2nd floor and I remember that night I was sound asleep and then there was this overwhelming presence in my room that makes me think I wasn't alone. I woke up because I felt so uneasy like someone was trying to wake me up by just staring at me. I know it's weird but it's hard to explain. I just woke up because I felt I was being stared at with intense gaze, that's the best I could describe it.

My room was dark with slight dim light from my window coming from the street lights outside. When I was fully conscious I immediately looked at the middle of my bedroom and I saw this African American guy in a soldier's uniform. The uniform looks neat, there's no blood on it whatsoever. It's the same when you guys see on tvs when military guys go formal attire, it is like that. It was color green, neatly pressed with some medals or something on his chest I don't know.

Now by that time I knew already that what I was seeing is not a live person because how the heck will a military person standing in front of me in the middle of my room where no one even broke in our house.

He was just standing there looking at me. It was unnerving but he seems like he wasn't bad. He was just there, staring.

So before I get even more scared, I offered a little prayer in my mind. I was like saying "uhm can you go now? I'm kind of scared." And I prayed the Lord's prayer. After a few moments of that, he just disappeared, vanished into thin air.

And that feeling I got, like the sadness and heavy emotions, it was also gone.

After that night I never felt anything odd in that house anymore. We lived there for almost 6 years.

By the way my older brother who was deaf mute told me in sign language that he always see a soldier coming out of a huge tree in our backyard. I don't know if that is the same person I saw but it shocked me because he described it as a soldier also. Weird I know.

Other hauntings by DarriuxDarkk

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarriuxDarkk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-11-29)
Hi Lealeigh

Yes the backyard tree we had was really big. It even towers the two storey house we had that time and the trunk of the tree is wide, like you (a single person) can't completely hug the tree, if you know what I mean or describing.

My brother's description of the man was a Soldier so yes I was actually surprised at that but he mentioned it as if he saw it way before I saw the apparition in my bedroom.

After that day though, nothing really happened unusual in that house anymore. My brother never told me about any soldier that comes out of the tree anymore.

It was definitely weird but yes you might be right, there might have been a shed built there or something prior to us living that house for the Soldier to be appearing on that spot.

Thank you for reading and God Bless.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-11-29)
Hello DarriuxDarkk,

I was wondering if you remember how big the tree in your backyard was or what kind it might have been. I myself don't remember what were the specific "brands" of trees in the yards of all the places I've lived. I was just curious.

I wonder what was there before the tree that was of interest to the soldier in his life. If it's a really large tree it could be anywhere from 50 years of age on up.

So, I'm guessing that the soldier was probably a veteran of the Korean War or Vietnam. He might have had a tool shed or something where your brother saw him walk into the tree.

Your brother's experience is very interesting to me. I had a dream two weeks ago that I walked into a large beech tree in my backyard. I ended up in that old house that I lived in in Ludlow, Massachusetts. It was a Lucid Dream. I told my dream self that I wanted to go "back in time" but not specifically THAT time.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤
Taintedprincess (20 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-30)
Great story! I am currently looking for some content to share on my brand new paranormal podcast. Would it be ok with you if I shared your story?
Regards Taintedprincess 😁
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-29)
Yea the feeling of sadness was what I originally felt from him. Also I don't know if it is relevant or not but our house back then was near to a cemetery. I don't know if he was a wandering soul or not but I hope he got his peace.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-20)
DD, your story is both bittersweet and poignant. Who knows why a soldier could be sad? Given the fact that he was also African American makes me think that he thought that he did not get the recognition he deserved for his service. In any case, you definitely appear to be empathic. Not many people can see and "feel" an encounter.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: