You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Evil May Be Present

Real Ghost Stories

Something Evil May Be Present

 

For some reason my childhood home scared me. My parents bought another house in town and we moved when I was in high school. My grandparents currently stay in my old home. I am now 21 years old and I heard my parents talking to each other about my grandpa who went ill when they moved into the house. I have never heard the full detail of what was wrong with my granddad so I was curious. (My granddad is fine now it's just my parents just started remembering what had happened).

As they talked I remembered my mum say to my dad that my grandmother called a priest to bless the house because she was worried that there was some evil spirit inside their new home making my granddad sick. Then it clicked. I started remembering loads of stuff that happened not only to me but to my older sisters as well. Suddenly everything made sense.

When I was younger I heard the cupboards in the kitchen opening and closing. I was always afraid of being alone in the tv room. I always felt weird in there. Not only me but my sister also didn't want to sit on the chair in the tv room which faced the hallway. We were both afraid of something peeping out of one of the bedrooms, staring at us. My oldest sister told me she saw shadows moving down the hallway into the kitchen. She also told me that one night when she was in the kitchen she looked outside the window and saw something small and white on the grass beneath a bench just watching her. She also had dreams of black dogs with red eyes in her room growling at her. Though this spirit or spirits never hurt us it's just a little on the weird side. Like what did it want?

Although my grandparents are still living in that house and my granddad is healthy again, I still feel there is someone or something evil inside. Even when I visit them I still feel its presence.

Ps. I can't find any history of this house but will continue my search for answers. I also think I am little psychic because I sense it may be a angry man who committed suicide in that house. I'm just a little scared that if I go into that home and do a little ghost hunting that it might anger the spirit more. I'm curious to find out more about this spirit but I think I should let it be...

Other hauntings by Niki_chaos

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Niki_chaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
Hi,

Yet it has never been hurting anyone, please don't prevoke this spirit.

Charlotte:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-08)
I'm going to agree with valkricry and sds on this one. If things are better now, I think it should be left alone but it never hurts to talk to your family members about what happened and get their opinions and experiences. You know your sisters have had similar experiences as you. Your parents and grandparents might have had the same experience and might not tell you and your sisters because you guys might get scared.
Theonewhoknows (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
It is very common for a person to have a very active and strong imagination. When I was small, I always got afraid as it got dark, and my mind started the creative process of generating the most horrifying faces, which I feel were incomparable at the time. I always thought someone stood at the bedroom door and watched me as I tried to sleep. I would hear noises too. I was always afraid of washing my face with soap, because I thought I was vulnerable with my eyes closed, specially in the bathroom where obviously, id be alone. All this didn't last long, as I realized I was being afraid of the creation of my own conscience. The faces id see in the dark were a mixture of all the scary, frightening faces id encounter everyday, including the ones seen by me on television. The mind does play tricks!

It is essential to understand what's real and what is your imagination.
Always be a skeptic before you dump it on the supernatural. May be your case has nothing to do with the other realm. May be it has!
You need to be sure of it!
scotlandgirl99 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
My little brothers room always freaked me out. I hate walking past it at night because I always feel as though somethings watching me. I don't tell my little brother this as he is scared enough because he was lots of nightmares. He also claims to have seen the ghost of his cat which got ran over staring at him at night
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
I seen on discovery Channel on where demons and nightmare upstairs where demons disguise themselves as human spirits I think ghost are deceased human not demons. Are you sure that no one opened them just saying not being rude just trying to figure it out?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
Hello Niki_chaos, I agree with Val. Val, I admire your exemplary understanding of things and explanations you give. My salutes.

Like she said, you should trust your instincts. I do not think there is any ghosting hunting or driving necessary. But if you still feel that something is amiss or something evil is present, which I doubt because it has been blessed by a priest, then you can ask your grandparents to do the cleansing.

I think now that you are grown up, you can talk to your parents or your grandparents, when you visit them. Tell them what you feel and ask them how they feel living at the house. If they also feel something similar to what you say, then suggest them to cleanse the house through Rook's method of cleansing. It is available in Rookdygin's profile.

Keep us informed of developments and if you have spoken to your grandparents, then how they feel and all those aspects. Perhaps that may give us some more clues to pursue further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-22)
Niki, go with your instincts on this one. From what I can sense from your writing, it seems you would be ill-prepared to handle things if you did trigger something. (I admire that, that you can admit this to yourself.) Most don't even think about "What if I just make it worse."
I don't believe what you sense to be evil. If it was, you and your sisters would not have just thought things were weird, but you would have been at least extremely frightened and maybe even worse. It could be that when Grandma had the house blessed what-ever did leave, and what you are reacting to are the past memories you have. There are things you can do that are non-obtrusive. Like taking them some roses. I've heard from several on here that live roses, in water have a dispelling effect on spirits. I can't claim first hand knowledge of this, but I think Grandma would be pleased at receiving even one rose. Or discreetly sprinkling a little salt about. You can always, mentally say a little prayer for protection of all in the house.
Don't forget, Grandpa's illness could have just coincided with the moving in. The main thing is he is better now.
Take care and keep us posted.
Val
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-22)
Interesting story here, Niki_chaos. I would like to not stir things up if I were you. You could see what you could find, maybe ask your grandparents about it or something like that, but be very careful. Good luck.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
Hi, Niki. I'm inclined to agree with you about not stirring things up, especially since your grandparents still live in the house and your grandfather's health may have been affected in some way. I think you should trust your own feelings about this.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-18)
I'm begining to see what Valcary means about the summer time. Erm, there's a Celtic tradition about a Greatfull Dead, (which is where the band got their name,) that when angry spirits reveal themselves to you, it's because they need a favor which will help them have closier with this life, and they feel you can help out. Sometimes you can just ask"what do you need?" and you'll hear it. Anyway, I tried it, and it was a good thing. Interesting story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: