You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: I May Have Seen Fairies

Real Ghost Stories

I May Have Seen Fairies

 

I have only shared this story with a very limited number or people due to how strange and ludicrous it may seem. I am a believer in the paranormal, and have had several experiences (also documented on this site), but this is by far the strangest thing to happen to me yet. I just wanted to set the precursor that I am a well-grounded adult, and I try not to embellish anything. I am hopefully a well-respected/trusted member of this site, so I will proceed with this very odd account.

In early November of 2016 I invited a long-time friend to my house to catch up. My wife was out of town with our daughter for the weekend, and to be perfectly honest, I was wanting some company. My friend came over and brought a 12 pack of beer. Over the course of the night, I would like to say that I probably drank 4, maybe 5 beers. That is a lot of beer for me to drink these days, and I only drink on rare occasion. Take it for what you will, but I have never hallucinated while drinking alcohol, and I was not incapacitated to the point that I did not have my faculties about me. Suffice to say I had a nice buzz.

My friend and I were sitting out on my back patio chatting and sipping our beers. It was probably around 11:00 pm (rounding off the end part of our visit). We had the outside light off, but there was an adequate amount of ambient light coming through the arcadia door and neighborhood street lights and such. We had been chatting for a couple hours, and our conversation drifted to paranormal and unexplained phenomena, as it tends to. My friend told me that his sister in law recently obtained some type of certificate that proclaimed her a "fairyologist". Take a look at this: http://fairyologist.com/ it's a little out of the ordinary at least! (I searched this link online and I don't know if this is the site she used or not) Anyway, his sister in law is into the occult and some type of witchcraft (the supposed good kind).

She asked him if he would like her to place an enchantment spell on him that would enable him to have fairy companions and bring him good luck. My friend accepted the offer, and the next day she gave him a purple feather. She told him that he should carry the feather on his person if he felt like he might need good luck, and to be prepared to see fairies. Keep in mind he is relating this story to me when he pulled the feather out of his pocket to show me. He then nonchalantly tells me that there may be a fairy or two that would come around and pay us a visit. I said I thought that would be cool, not thinking much of it.

Around 20 minutes later, he says, "Oh look the fairies are here!" He points up above my head, and I look up to see 2 insect-like creatures silently hovering above my head, around 3 feet above me. As I looked up to see, I could see these 2 illuminated (I assume from ambient lighting around us) "insects" slowly descending upon me. I stared transfixed as they slowly and intently floated down in the straightest, slow line until they were right in front of my gaze, hovering there. I could not make out any details and they made no noise.

I gasped a little bit and fidgeted uncomfortably in my chair. I told him, "Okay if this is a prank you got me already!" He said, "Of course it's not a prank, I wouldn't do that to you. I only let you see because I've known you most of my life, I trust you and I know you're open to this sort of thing."

I then confessed to him that it was making me very uncomfortable and that maybe I would like to go inside and call it a night. He said he was sorry and didn't mean to scare me at all and there was nothing to fear. They immediately shot off at a distance, although I could still see them for a minute. After several minutes, they were nowhere in sight.

I kept pressing him to stop messing with me. I insisted to him that he had terrified me well, but he maintained that it was a real experience. At one point of me still interrogating him, he actually seemed quite offended and said something to the effect that if I couldn't handle it, he had seriously misjudged me and that he might have made a big mistake in showing me the fairy companions that had been following him around. I pretended to accept it and apologized for seeming rude about it, but that I was just truly shocked and unprepared for something so tangible.

Around midnight, he asked if I would like to see them again. I quickly looked around to make sure that there was nothing around me, and told him that I would like to see them before we ended our evening. In my mind I thought this is the perfect opportunity to debunk this joke! I kept a look out for anything around me, to make sure there wasn't some type of moth or flying insect that he could use as a joke on me. I saw nothing. He said to calm down or they won't come around because they could sense tension and would avoid it. I tried in vain (apparently) to calm myself until I finally just sort of let it go after some time. I thought, "Oh yeah, they won't come around because I'm tense. Nice angle to avoid pretending to show them again!"

The conversation shifted until he looked me in the eye so intently and said, "Are you ready?" I knew why and said yes. I asked him if I could take their picture and he said I could try. He said okay, they aren't so close this time, but there is one near that other chair (an empty chair adjacent to me). I looked over and saw the insect-like creature leave its perch on the seat of the chair and begin hovering towards me slowly. I want to point out that when I say "hover" don't misunderstand. The creature had wings that batted so quickly they appeared to be a stationary blob. It moved with such flawless control though, like it could decide precisely how it wanted to move about.

Well I got my phone out and started snapping pictures like a maniac. I tried a video too, but it unfortunately did not show anything that could be deciphered. So here I will point out that there are images of this "fairy" for you to see. I will show the originals and the blown up versions of what I have determined are the two best photos. The other photos had either only part of the fairy visible or were distorted in some way.

I haven't talked to my friend since this event, and I'm honestly not sure I am too eager to do so. Like I said for one thing we hadn't talked in quite some time before that night, and we can often go long periods of time without speaking and then will pick up later like we were never apart. He is a good friend, he has never lied to me and I trust him very deeply. Still a part of me feels foolish for accepting this enough to share with this group. I know about the power of suggestion, and I'm sure at least someone will point out that I had been drinking alcohol. Also, my recollection could be skewed in some way, but I tried to relate this account without any fluff whatsoever.

I May Have Seen Fairies 1

I May Have Seen Fairies 2

I May Have Seen Fairies 3

I May Have Seen Fairies 4

 

I May Have Seen Fairies 5

I May Have Seen Fairies 6

I May Have Seen Fairies 7

 

I eagerly await replies, alternate viewpoints, criticisms of my sanity or any other responses. Thank you.

Other hauntings by Wardo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wardo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pink496 (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-15)
Hey there!
I think that this is a wonderful story and I can understand you being nervous to share with us but I am really glad you did and I believe your experience. I would love to hear more about any other experience you have. I wish all the best to you.
-pink496
Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
Wardo, your story took my breath away! Thank you for sharing...
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Wardo it's been a "couple of weeks"... We're waiting for an update =)
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Wardo-

Welcome back! This was such a delightful read the first time I read it and the pix sealed it for me! It's great you were open to seeing them again and did get the pix.

I'm a huge lover of nature, except for fleas, ticks and flies, (I flush the fleas and ticks and feed the flies to my indoor spiders 😊) so why not fairies.

I do hope you'll give us an update when you see your friend again. I agree with Tweed. Two grown men opening up about fairies is not often heard of. 😆

Thank you for sharing this and the second read was even better than the first! 😊
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Wardo - I'm pleased to meet you! I hadn't yet joined YGS when you published your experience of the "fairy" but would like to give my honest opinion.

I don't believe that I have ever encountered fairies or nature spirits. If I have, I definitely did not acknowledge them as such, so I will certainly not trash your encounter.

Don't you think that perhaps this was some kind of insect? I could be totally incorrect but that is what I see in the pics.

Regards, Melda
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Hey everyone! I've been on hiatus for too long now. I just came back to an overwhelming comment turn out on this post.

Thanks everyone for commenting.

My dearest sweet Tweed. So glad to be back! I've missed you guys!

RCRuskin I would love for someone with editing experience to take a crack at it. Let me know if you want the original pictures and I will gladly email them to you. That goes for any of you as well. Bear in mind that you won't be getting a great view of anything that isn't pictured here.

One of you, Dandk, asked quite a few questions, so I will answer those. Hopefully it servers as a blanket and answers any other questions I missed.

1. Have you tried sitting out there by yourself with the rest of your household quiet at around the same time of night to see if you experience it again?

Well I sit out on my patio almost every night, but we haven't exactly tried to make them reappear. I have not seen them since.

2. Did your friend ever get a good enough look at one to be able to describe its appearance?

I'm sorry I don't know. I will ask him though. I'm actually meeting him in a couple weeks to catch up.

3. At that time of year, do you still have insects around at night?

Yes.

4. Have you looked up the local insect types to see if it can be explained by that?

I have and so have many of my friends, always coming up more puzzled.

5. Did you try to take a picture without your camera flash to see if the light coming off of it would show up in the image?

No unfortunately. The whole incident only lasted a minute at the most (the time I had the camera). I'm more inclined to think that the light was reflecting off of them from ambient lighting inside the house. Although they seemed to have a bluish tint to them.

6. Has your friend tried to take pictures?

I don't think so, but I'll ask him in a couple weeks when we see one another.

7. Did they stay once 'summoned'? We're they scared off by movement, like arm flapping?

They did stick around. They seemed very sure of themselves. I actually didn't attempt to flap or swat at them. I thought of it, but I was too awestruck and somehow innately did not want to swat at them.

8. Did his sister in law have prior fairy experiences which led her to want to get certified?

It is entirely possible. I don't know her well enough to attest either way. I will ask though.

Thanks everyone! Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Wardo,

Years ago I remember hearing about and seeing photos of "Sky Fish" I just did a search for them and came up with this article about "Sky Rods". The photo looks similar to your fairy photos. I've never tried to put a link in a remark, but here goes: http://cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Air_Rods. Such interesting stuff either way!

Thank you for your submission. I respect your courage to bring this amazing account into the forefront. I would much rather they be Fairies than Sky Rods! So very much more romantic!

Thanks Again,

Mother of Beagles
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Could you ask him if his Sister-in-law could provide you with your own good-luck fairies? That would be great evidence. If that wasn't possible, I would spend as much time as possible with him and try to either debunk it or prove it valid. If you gain any more information please share with us either way! 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Wardo,

Wow! This is truly an incredible experience, and to add some pictures of it to go along.

I have absolutely no questions, or answers to add to this.

But I have been looking up fairies and the like recently. Not sure why but it has peaked my interest as of lately, and this most certainly has given me a lot of thinking to do.

It's truly incredible your friend trusted you enough to share with you with I can only imagine he feels would be met with some sort of ridicule, or disbelief. It sounds like you both have a great relationship.

I really am in aww of this, going into my favs!
Very interesting pics!

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Wardo,

This makes me think.
A few questions I am hoping you can answer.

Have you tried sitting out there by yourself with the rest of your household quiet at around the same time of night to see if you experience it again?

Did your friend ever get a good enough look at one to be able to describe its appearance?

At that time of year, do you still have insects around at night?

Have you looked up the local insect types to see if it can be explained by that?

Did you try to take a picture without your camera flash to see if the light coming off of it would show up in the image?

Has your friend tried to take pictures?

Did they stay once 'summoned'? We're they scared off by movement, like arm flapping?

Did his sister in law have prior fairy experiences which led her to want to get certified?

Thanks for sharing your strange experience. The images look like there are sets of wings in multiple places on the creature. It seems like it would have many degrees of freedom and be capable of the movement you describe.

Interesting! Thanks for considering my questions.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Wardo, great to hear from you again! 😊

I get the impression the camera didn't capture their likeness too well. That makes sense somehow, I don't know why but it does. It's amazing they showed up on camera at all!

My husband and I saw some fairy type things in 2015. Husband said they looked like fireflies, but we're confident they weren't. They made a strange noise like dirt rolling down the window, very odd. I haven't submitted that yet, I typed it up recently but got side tracked researching firefly reports in England, which lead nowhere. Did these guys make any sounds? Did their light give off a colour? The ones at ours gave off a warm, almost orange glow.
I suspect your quiet time with your friend had a lot to do with this. It probably wouldn't have happened with a full house. Not unless everyone was in the right frame of mind, not easy to achieve. I also think your longstanding friendship had a lot to do with it. If you do decide to try it again, maybe do it in a park or at your friend's place. It may have been too confronting to have this experience in your own home. Perhaps a neutral location instead.

Of course it's possible he's having you on, but I can't imagine too many grown men from Arizona opening up about fairies. 😉

Thanks for sharing, and welcome back. 😊
Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Wow those pictures are great! I love when people put pics with experience. Not that I need to see a picture as proof to believe you, but still makes it that much harder to argue! There are multiple other stories I saw on here like a year ago that were really similar that you may want to check out n maybe even talk to the pplwho posted them n had similar experiences. I believe very strongly there is more to the paranormal than just spirits n demons! I believe that most folklores came from somewhere (obviously) n that there's at least some truth behind them. Also the fact that there is a word for them (for example- the word "fairies") actually being in the dictionary, means that someone else before you had an experience that made the word necessary. It is strange to me that people will talk about spirits/demons or aliens/extraterrestrials, but fairies or things like that are more taboo. I don't get it.

Thanks for sharing! Much love and respect ❤
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Wardo, ultra cool!

I couldn't wait to have him back to try it again. Cameras and video ready.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Wow. Now that I have that out of my system, thank you for sharing this event and the photos. I would love to see that first one enlarged or zoomed in, so I can try some things in my image editing software (irfanview for those curious.)
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Wardo,
How interesting! Your link wasn't working, so we'll try this:
Http://fairyologist.com/
Wouldn't want anyone to miss out. I did google fairyologist," A person who writes about or studies fairies or fairy lore. " The term has only been around since early 20th century; earliest use found in Literary News. So it's a fairly new term.
But the real question is did you see them? Well, there's SOMETHING in those pictures, that's for sure. But, like you, I can't make out any details. It's basically a white blur.
Given the way they moved, says they weren't insects, dust or other minute debris. Although alcohol can cause you to see things, and make you more susceptible to suggestion, I've never know it to cause them to show up on film...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: