You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandmother is Back

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother is Back

 

I have already seen my dearly beloved grandmother, who passed in 2005, or so I thought. My other story says how I briefly saw her. Well one night laying in my bed, this teddy, that was described before, re-appeared on top of my tv, my younger brother had just had an operation, which he had before and my grandmother was alive for that, but I was just watching tv when I heard my dog scratching at the door, so I looked at the door, and just as I sat up to go open it, the bottom of my bed dipped, and the warmest and calmest feeling over whelmed me.

As I looked at the bottom of my bed there she was, just staring at my younger brother, and then she turned to me, she looked a lot younger than when she died, but I fought all fear inside of me and said "Hi" she smiled at me and answered, this is when our conversation started, we talked about how my younger brother was doing, how I was doing, and then I asked how she was doing, this is when things changed, the warm atmosphere left and everything went cold, she looked at me and said, "not so good, I need to pass", and she just vanished, without a sound. I said a prayer, and not being a big believer in god, hoped for the best, and the next time I asked god to help her pass.

Please tell me if I did the right things. And why do I keep getting the mixed feelings emitting from her... Please can anyone help me, private email or comments.

Thank you

Other hauntings by Dan07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dan07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hi Dan, I think the mixed feelings you were getting were 1. The warmth that you felt was the love that your Grandmother feels for you and the love between you and 2. The cold, uncertain feeling you had was her uncertainty about truly moving on.

When a friend of mine passed suddenly in a car crash and he appeared to me, as well as being friendly and warm like I'd just met him in person, the atmosphere also gave off a sense of him being frightened of the state he had suddenly found himself in. If you are a sensitive person anyway, you will compassionately feel in empathy the feeling that the spirit feels. They don't know any better than you what's going on until they fully pass over. It's like meeting a friend in a maze: you'd say "Hi! So nice to see you! But how do we get outta here?!"
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Well, Dan. First of all, once again I would like to express my symoathy at your grand mothers passing. From the sounds of blth stories, you and she were close.

I am glad to hear you finally relied on God. He will indeed help her to cross over to peace and love.

I do believe you did the right thing.

She may have come to you that last time in hopes of a prayer from you, to know you understood and woanted her to move on to peace and love, with our Lord.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless!
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
It's something called Limbo. It's a Catholic term for sure (not sure if other faiths believe in it, too. She might just be waiting to be "judged". Keep the prayers going. She seems to be looking out for you even though she isn't as happy as she should be. Your family seems to be keeping her spirit going. Just keep praying that God will let her finally rest in peace.
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
No offence but the bottom of your bed dipped. Is your bed got instantly dry after all that? If yes, do you think it could be a dream? 🤔
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
One more thing (Not likely, there will probably be more 😊)
Do you think that perhaps the fear you are felling could possibly be a form of COMPASSION for your Grandmother? Here she is in the throws of the most important decision of this time and YOU are seeing her. Perhaps you are taking on her emotions, and in that have a closer bond.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Ah, NOW I see what you were truly asking me, Dan. I am so sorry. I was thinking in terms of the last occurrence... PLEASE forgive my ignorance.
Some of the comments I will post here are in relation to the private conversation we had, please do not be offended, but in order for me to give you my thoughts on this, I have to pull them up, too.
I have one question first, did Grandmother (I mean no disrespect by calling her that myself, it is a form of respect to call our elders either Grandmother or Grandfather as it shows that they are much more wise.) pass away "naturally" or was she ill? (for example, did she have cancer?)
I feel that Grandmother is confused. She knows that she has passed away. But she is kind of lost in a tangle of "what will they do without me? How will they cope with the loss? What can I do to help them?" types of feelings and needs to be reassured that it is OK to Cross Over. Sometimes when our loved ones are at peace with the passing on part of death, they can be mistaken as Spirits and NOT ghosts.
I feel that Grandmother is torn between what she FEELS must be done and what she KNOWS must be done. Please, please, tell her it is OK to Cross Over. Reassure her that, while it may be hard on you all to think of her in a place where she can not be physically reached, it is RIGHT for her to join the love that awaits her on the Other Side.
If you need to, you can also mention to her that once she DOES Cross Over, it will be easy for her to visit, and she will be much more happy. Remember? A Spirit is FREE to come and go as they please. They can visit with whomever they so choose. And she will be FREE!
Thank you, and SO sorry about the misunderstanding.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Hi Dan, like mustang and FRAWIN said and from what your grandmother,herself,revealed to you,she's obviously afraid to cross over. It leaves one a sort of sadness to know that, in their fear and probable disorientation, our loved ones may turn to us for guidance or support. Give her that along with a reassurance of your love and help her go "home".All the best to you ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi Dan. As I was reading your story I was thinking how scary at first but sweet that you were having a converstation with your Grandmother and how she gave you a warm feeling. Then as I went on to read about her giving off a cold feeling and saying what she did, it gave me chills for some reason and mad me so sad for her. I think what you did was the right thing and I'm glad that you were able to visit with her even for a little while. It must be a little comfort for her to be able to communicate with you. I do hope she has passed on to where she needs to be so she will be happy. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Well Dan, from what I can tell you did all the right things. Consider yourself blessed for the privilege to say one last goodbye to a loved one-not many people get that chance. The mixed emotion coming from her could be from her fear of crossing over. As we have a fear of death in this realm maybe the crossing over in the next realm is like a form of death that they fear. After all death is just the passing from one realmn to the next and the not knowing what lies on the other side is what's fearful. This is just my opinion and I'm sure you will get other opinions to think over. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: