You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mixed Feelings about an Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Mixed Feelings about an Apparition

 

I wanted to see my grandmother, who died in 2006, third of jan to be exact, it was quite early (well for me), at about ten thirty to eleven at night, I was just laying on my bed facing the T.V. My mum had just emptied her wardrobe, all her clothes were hanging on my wardrobe.

Here's a quick bit of background, on christmas day we went to see my nan in hospital, where my younger brother (we will call Dave), gave my nan a red west ham united teddy, this he in fact forgot, and he got it back after she died. A few weeks later, my mum heard my brother going downstairs, and she followed him, where he got a glass of water, she asked him what it was for and he said my nan, he said she had a nasty cough, so upstairs they both went where my mum found loads of tissues surrounding this teddy, quite freaky I thought, but a couple of months ago my brother lost this teddy.

So back to the story, I'm laying there watching T.V when this missing teddy appears, right on top of the T.V, now I'm freaked and Dave looked over at me, then we both stared back at the teddy, and it vanished, right there, then the dressing gown, on my wardrobe, started to move, like wind blowing it, and of course it was in front of the window, so I closed the window, (the window has one opening on the top), I went back to bed, but the dressing gown is still moving. I check the window closed, I check the door, closed, and just as I climb back into bed the dressing gown flew to the flow, and it rose, like someone crawling from the floor, and there stood, a very tall woman, with grey short but curly hair, very broad shoulders. I realized it was my nan, she smiled at me and disappeared, now, although it sounds nice, but the feeling I got before she appeared, was of an evil one, I was very frightened, but when she appeared everything went warm.

Is this is a sign she is protecting me from something in my room, or is she the evil thing, can you please help me. Thank You

Dan07

Other hauntings by Dan07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dan07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Hi Dan,
You called? 😊
Please feel free to check out my profile page and e-mail me, I would be glad to help out if I can. If it is something that I do not know I will either look it up or try to point you in the correct direction.
Dan07 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Thnak you All for your comments. I will say a prayer for my grandmother. Although I have another story to tell which happened not so long after. But thank you all for yuor comments they will be taken into consideration and are extremely appreciated. And I would like to talk to whitebuffalo. Through any private messaging system as I have much to ask them. And hope to get some good answers...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
I have never seen a full blown apparition so I would either be questioning my sanity or hightailing it out of that house. I have to say I would be very scared and don't know if knowing the person appearing would help or not. Being that you and your brother saw this happen it can't be a imagined event. Good story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Well my dear ole departed daddy always said that the truth would stand when the world's on fire - I only spoke the truth.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Aawww, now why did you have to go and do that, FRAWIN? You TRYING to make me blush? 😉
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
I think that WB hit the nail on the head, I couldn't have done better myself - she is a very exceptional and gifted lady.
Thanks for sharing your story with us. God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Whew, for a minute there, Dan, I was questioning this story. It just seemed a bit... Extravagant.
I think the evil feeling that you got at first sight was actually extreme fear. That is totally understandable. Anyone who can sit before you and tell you that the first time they encountered something like this they were A.O.K. With it all is, well, lying, Hun. It is not in our human nature to accept things that seem impossible.
I would venture to say that your Grandmother is not evil. She was not in life, and she remains the same loving, nurturing woman she was when she was here in physical form.
Thank you.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hello. I can understand why you would have mixed feelings about this. I'm sure it is not bad. At my grandpa-in-law's funeral I was crying bad and someone put a hand on my shoulder and grasped it. I looked to see who, but, there was no one there. The feeling was a relief. Later on, weeks went by and I had another experience. Someone breathed on the left side of my neck, but, there was no one there. This time, the feeling was not of relief. Maybe the fear grabbed you and made it feel evil. Of course I can't say for sure. Do say a prayer for your nan, it definetly won't hurt anything. Best wishes!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
I was a little skeptical about this at first because the second paragraph is confusing and detracted from the point of the story. However, when you said you were scared of your own grandmother, I tend to believe you. You know right off that when someone sees a ghost and is happy and calm and feels warm and loving, that they haven't REALLY seen one and are merely acting out a scene from a movie or something. I loved my grandmother tons, but if she appeared before me one night, I'd be TERRIFIED.

Thank you for being honest. All in all, I think you have little to worry about. She loves you and will keep an eye out for you. Consider yourself lucky to get to see her again! My grandmother and I actually made plans to see each other after she died, but no such luck, yet.

Cheers, England, you scepter'd isle, you!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
I certainly would not jump to any conclusions that your 'nan' is evil. It is quite possible that it was the fear making you have that type of feeling. As in previous stories was discussed, it is absolutely terrifying when we have encounters like this! That could have been what over whelmed your senses, although you know your 'nan' was good, the fear clouded the edges of the encounter you had.

I would like to suggest, however that you pray for your 'nan' to cross over so she may find peace.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: