You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Orbs Caught on Film

Real Ghost Stories

Orbs Caught on Film

 

A few years ago, a friend of mine had a birthday party at this community centre in this park in town. Everyone was having fun moving between the park and the centre and one friend of mine was taking pictures of the party to give to my friend.

We were outside and he asked me and a few other friends for pictures. The first pictures that he took were normal but then he took one and immediately erased it. We asked what it was and he said his lens got dusty so he cleaned it and took another. Again he said his lens must be dusty and cleaned it off. He took another and finally we asked to see it. There are probably hundreds of little white orbs all over the picture. I told him to take another and it turned out the same. We then moved to a different place and took one more and it was still covered in these little white things. The next picture he took didn't have anything in it at all.

What I want help with is if anyone can tell me if these are genuine orbs or if it was just some camera trick. I know that there have been tragedies in that park before. I girl was murdered there when I was in kindergarten as well as a different girl being murdered there when my mom was in elementary school. It is also not the best area of town, there have been people known to OD or to freeze to death over night in that area before.

Orbs Caught on Film 1
Orbs Caught on Film 2
 

Please if you can tell me if these pictures are real or a trick of the camera let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZombieKiller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BloodyHavean (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
Well, I have also had this happen. But the reason it had happened for me is, my guess, that it was due to the flash. Was the flash on the camera being used? There's a place called eden where I live, the place is like a very small town. It's suppose to be haunted and that even ghost hunters has come and proven it so. Me and my friends went during the night and snaped some photos. We caught a little girl, a old man, a large black dog, and something that looks the demonic. After taking the photo of containing the little girl my friend ended up having some sort of attack. She claimed she couldn't breath, after words she had a large hand print on her chest, later that night the same thing happened to me. After getting out of that place, we took some more photos. They all came out clear but one. The last on looked like the whole area was covered in snow and that more was falling. I figured this must have happened because of the flash and the dust particles in the are that night. 😁
GhostHunter555 (12 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
It could be rain though like droplets of water or mist. But if it's actual orbs... OMG GET OUT OF THERE LAD THAT IS ABOVE 100 ORBS! 😲
PorcelainBabyDoll (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
This looks more like small water droplets. You can see by a few of them being hexagons instead of the round shape that orbs usually are. Also, orbs aren't fully white, they usually have defined outlines and look textured and often almost rainbow colored in the center. So this is most definitely a fake.
paranoyahunter13 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
they don't look completely like orbs+-they look like mist or droplets of water probablya glare in the lighting also
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
Unfortunately, Terryberry, there are lots of explanations to orbs. Swarms of bugs, dust, pollen. What kind of ground is around the play site? Is it sand, gravel or wood chips? There are just many, many things that can look like orbs. It is interesting that the surrounding photo's were clear though. Sorry, I really have no answers. I would like to thank you for sending along the photographs.
Thank you.
ozonalions (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hey Terry

Very weird. They look like flares too me.
but what do I know? I'm a 10 year old girl in the 4th grade

Keep on looking for the truth

Lauren ❤ ❤
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
I am wondering if it were a little misty out when these were taken. That the mist may of fell on the camera when, when these pictures were taken. I don't sense them to be orbs however. I would say something more like floating in the air. Or perhaps something dripping off trees.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
This could easily be any number of things, but, because it is summertime, the air is full of particulate matter. Plants are cross-pollinating, spores are exploding and drifting, insects are out--all sorts of stuff is in the air. I would bet all my money on that instead of spirits.

But props to you for getting some evidence. Even if it didn't pan-out this time, it might the next!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hello Terry. When I commented on some photos in another story, I was accused of being a "self proclaimed photography expert..." 😊 So the opinion of this "expert" I think you caught dust particles, seeing how both are took at a high traffic area - swings and "monkey bars".Just for the record I once chased a "ghost" all through my house, until I realized what I was catching was my flash reflecting off the paneling. Take Care.

FRAWIN ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hi Terry. I would have to agree with JPing. I do not believe these are orbs. Orbs do not have a hexagon shape like JPing had said. Orbs do not rank very high as possible spirits because there could be any cause for them. Thank you for sharing your photos. 😊

SHELBY ❤
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
I'm no expert but my inner skeptic is screaming "lens flare!". Is it possible that there was a bright light nearby? It's interesting that Lalat too produced a similar photo during a lightning storm.

I notice that in your first photo there seems to be two bright lights: one visible underneath the slide seat and the other to the far left of the photo.

Again I'm not an expert, but to my knowledge the orbs you captured do not resemble what ghost hunters (and the like) refer to as "orbs". Almost all of yours are of a similar hexagonal shape.

I also notice in your second photo four orbs unlike any of the others. These four are of an almost identical size and shape and are stick-like rather than round or hexagonal. This is a very easy effect to recreate and can be achieved by moving the camera while taking the photo. It is possible that they are the result of four blurred lights in the background.

Consider what I have said or better yet: try to recreate a similar photo with the positioning of lights. A second opinion would also be great, preferably someone with more experience in the area of photography and orbs.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
hey terry,
I had this happened to me once. It was a couple of years back. I just got my new digicam and I always bring it with me, snapping pictures at anything. Then one pic standed out. It looked exactly like your pictures. I tried one more time but nothing turned out. It was a cloudy night and thought it was probably caused by the lightning. But I didn't pay any mind to it and I erased it. And now I wish I hadnt. Was it cloudy or is there any lightning around you that night?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: