You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Clear Creek

Real Ghost Stories

Clear Creek

 

About three years ago my mate (peter) and I decided to go stay out at my nan and pop's farm, which is located just outside of Bathurst, NSW, about a twenty minute drive. The farms name is clear creek. Now there are quite a few ghost stories out there, considering my distant relatives built the farm house three hundred years ago. From hearing all of these stories, we decided to go investigate for ourselves.

I personally believe in the spirit world, however peter did not. There was one particular story about a paddock which we call the "corn paddock". There were supposed to have been 100 or so aboriginals slaughtered in the corn paddock back in the day when the aboriginals were slaves to the white man. So we decided to camp in the corn paddock.

About three hours after the sun had gone down, we were sitting around a campfire. We had just started to keep ourselves warm, when we heard someone or something moving in the bushes behind us. We decided to take a look to see what it was, but nothing was there. We then retreated back to our campfire to talk about some of the stories we had heard. After about an hour or so, we were just about ready to go to bed when we heard the same sound of movement behind us. This time, we decided to ignore it, but my friend peter decided for some unknown reason to shout out as loud as he could "I MOCK THY SPIRITS!". After he had said that, I had a go at him and told him that spirits were not something to be stuffed with. With that a slow wind started to blow, which sent a shiver down my spine. The wind started to pick up and get heavier. With that, we decided to go for cover in the tent we had set up, almost right away we heard a women scream, which was quite sickening and ear piercing. After that, myself and peter decided not to tempt fate but to run all the way home.

Ever since this occurrence, I am a film maker so me and my crew are now shooting a documentary for DVD and a local TV station called "GHOSTS OF CLEAR CREEK". If at all you would like to make a reserve booking for a copy of the DVD or simply have a comment, then please contact me at lukehorder69 [at] yahoo [dot] com [dot] au. With that being said, we are also going to be moving round and searching for ghost happenings to document so if you want something investigated, please feel free to contact me and keep a look out for more stories of my real life experiences.

Till next time be safe,

Luke

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

ChristineNicole (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
I would also like to point out that Bathurst is the oldest inland settlement. The Bathurst plains were first sighted in 1813, an the first road across the blue mountains wasn't completed until January 1815. Bathurst was not established until may 1815. The aboriginal people who were slaughtered on the land were probably those resisting the settlement in the frontier wars. During the frontier wars it is estimated that 20, 000 aboriginals died. It is highly unlikely that they were slaves.
ChristineNicole (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
Thanks josh18 for pointing that out. I was about to do the same myself!
IDontLikeBimbos (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
LOL josh18 brings out a very valid point there senor poster.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
That would be so scary!

You do sound pretty brave!

If you have any questions, email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Take care! ❤
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
i would be absolutley afraid, though I'm afraid of my own shadow... You are so much braver then I am
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
I would of been scared if I was you. Something moving in the bushes. I have seen strange things such as ghosts even hear them. 😊
Josh18 (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
Good story Luke
You mentioned that the farm was established 300 years ago. This can't be possible because Australia hasn't been settled for 300 years its only been settled for 219 years.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
hey luke I probably would of run out of there too. Lol But I think its awesome that you film those documentaries. I love watching things like that on tv. And I would tell you to come investigate some places but I live In the US. Theres this place in my town that used to be like a hospital for the mentally slow. Supposedly those people were at times incontrolable. They would end up severly hurting themselves and others as well. Well according to my friend (who may not be the most reliable source but he seems to know most of the time what he is talking about) said that they had a pool at this place and that because much of the time they were tired of putting up with some of the patients they would let them go into the pool unsupervized and many would drown. My friend has been at this place with a few of his friends, and he said that when they went in there everything was still as it used to be. All the medical files were there. Everything was as it had been. He said it was as if they had just got up and left. He said that they heard strange things and that one of his friends saw a little girl crying. I plan on going there someday. All of this type of thing interests me.
luke horder (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-19)
hi janice thank you for your comment,yes it was quite a scary expierience I still do feel uneasy about being out there but I feel it needs to be done. I thank you for your interest in the dvd if you would like to make a reserve order you can put your name (no money details please) down at lukehorder69 [at] yahoo.com.au and as soon as they are ready to be shipped I shall contact you and send them off,unfortunatly we do have to put a price on the dvd for p & h. Please feel free to keep in touch. your friend luke
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
Hey Luke, I would've also been scared if I was you or your friend, but I imagine you go there now without not a trace of fear, right? You do sound like a very brave person, indeed!! I would love to see that movie your shooting and I do hope that all goes well, though, sometimes I get jumpy before seeing a horror movie but you know, I always come around and out of curiosity, end up watching the film anyway. I can imagine how scary it would be to hear the scream of a woman, especially when it isn't anyone you can see, or even worse, when it just comes up out of the blue,or out of nowhere, in other words. I don't have much other to say, so I guess we will talk later. Good- bye and you too take care and be safe, don't let this ghost investigation get you too shocked or scared. - Janice

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: