You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Father's Day

Real Ghost Stories

Father's Day

 

About 2 years ago, the day before Father's Day, I picked up a picture of my grandfather, who I have not met before. And I said to the picture, "I wish I could have met you." That night I was sleeping next to my grandmother. I woke up around 3:00 in the mooring to get a glass of water. When I turned off the sink, I heard footsteps walking into my grandmother's room. When I ran into the room, I saw a figure, a white fog right next to my grandmother. I chocked back a scream when the figure turned to me and I saw my grandfather smiling at me. He looked so peaceful and happy. I blinked back tears as I watched him. He walked around the bed and stood a few feet from me. Then he disappeared with a smile and a wink.

In the morning nobody believed me, except my brother who had witnessed him too. My brother had said that he had seen my grandfather also. I was very surprised that my brother, out of everyone, had seem him too. My parents thought we were going crazy. Though my grandmother told me later on that she believed me and that she had a "dream" of him talking to her. It was a very scary night, but I believe I will see him another time. I hope that is. Though I have never met my grandfather, I will always love him.

Other hauntings by HannahE

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Well, if he only speaks Spanish you can always tell him "Hola abuelito, te quiero mucho",...something like that, although it was very nice he came to visit you upon your desire, take care 😁
HannahE (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
Haha. That's funny. And yes it does sound quite funny. I would actually like to talk to him. But I'm not sure if he speaks english [he's a pure spanish man .. though he was in the Navy. I'm still confused. :P] So well, thank you all for commenting. :]
CJ (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-20)
Man's that's pretty sweet ghost story. That sounded funny to say.. :) I hope you get to meet him again and if possible, get to talk with him.. I wish I could see my grandmother again. You're so lucky.
HannahE (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-19)
Thank you very much. And yes, I do love my grandfather, and yes again, I have never met him. Oh, and also I do wish to see him again, but with some warning. :] I don't wish to be scared again, well, not scared..wait nevermind. I'm confusing myself. Well, anyway, thank you for commenting on my experience.

~Hannah~
Rai (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-19)
Hi I am so suprised by reading your story it,s really unbelievable but we all should believe b,coz it is fact b,coz my mom saw my grandma face after her expire we need not to afraid we should feel proud b,coz our elders love us alot any way I feel great of you and your family bye.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
Hey Hannah, I know that you love your grandfather and I also hope that you get to see him again, your grandpa probably sensed or felt your desire to meet him and that's probably what summoned him to you. This was the first time you had seen him, right? My grandma is always having dreams of my great- grandmother and one time I think that she actually saw her spirit or something. For sure I know, that my grandfather saw my great- grandfather's face in the window at my grandparent's house in Mexico. Well, I don't think that there's more to say, good- bye and good- luck. P.s. I'm glad your mom came around to believe you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: