You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Wake Up, They Are Waiting

Real Ghost Stories

Wake Up, They Are Waiting

 

This encounter belongs to my step aunt, and happened in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City about 10 years ago. It may be a bit long so please bear with me. My step mother comes from a family of teachers, literally all her siblings that worked were teachers at some point when they resided in Vietnam, somewhere along the 70's. My step mother herself was a principle at age 24, but this happened to her eldest sister. My step aunt owned a huge house in the 5th district.

The house had 5 floors with two bedrooms + a bathroom on each floor. Reason for the set up is because during the day, this house was a private school for children ages 3-6. I loved vacationing here because everyday I get to see the kids come to school and they are just so adorable. I enjoyed napping with the 3 year olds lol. They would pile into the room with the teachers, there were pillows for everyone, and after grabbing one they would find a spot on the ground and slept. The floor wasn't hard and people in Vietnam are actually quite used to sleeping on hard surfaces anyway. They had the best air conditioning system in that room too!

The first floor of the house was for the 3 years-olds (nap room was in between floor 1 and 2, second was my aunt's floor for her and her husband (this is where I sleep too) , then the 3rd floor was for the 4 years olds, and as you ascend the ages get higher. This was my aunt's whole life of work and she was very devoted to her teachers and students. During the day the house was lit up by noise and laughter of children, workers shouting back and forth, but at night it was terrifying just to look up the winding stairwell.

Each classroom had 2 teachers, one teaches Chinese and the other Vietnamese. Aside from the teachers, they had 2 cooks, and 2 house maids (one live-in and one not) This concept of schooling is like daycare here in western society. The cost was equivalent to here. It costs each student about $100 dollars Canadian per month to study there (average wage was about $150 Canadian dollars a month, jobs like house cleaning, waitressing, etc). Each day the students are dropped off at 7:30 a.m by parents driving on mopeds. All the teachers are waiting at the lobby to greet the parents and to take the students in by hand. Once everyone is there, the teachers will guide them all up to their classrooms in single file lines. It was the sweetest thing to wake up to, seeing these little kids holding the stairway rails and saying "hello teacher, good morning teacher and principle". The day starts of with breakfast, then Cantonese/Mandarin lessons, then nap time, then lunch, then Vietnamese lessons. Then parents come at 4 p.m to collect their babies. Though they are only 3-6 years old, these kids had homework already! Their schooling consisted learning to read and write in Chinese and Vietnamese. Though Vietnam's language is of course Vietnamese, since this was a private school, they were to learn both. Technically they learn Cantonese and Mandarin, and Vietnamese. (*note: Cantonese and Mandarin are written the same but spoken differently) This operation ran from Monday to Friday.

Many people in Vietnam wake up very early, around 5:30 a.m daily, so naps are very normal for everyone. I think people get just as annoyed if you call them at 12 p.m, like it was 12 a.m, because it's nap time! Lol... On one particular day my aunt was taking a nap herself and she felt someone nudge her arm and gently said "wake up, wake up to teach", she ignored it and kept sleeping, then it happened again, and said "wake up, you're late to teach"...now she was angry as she knew it was Saturday. So she went went half down stairs and asked her cook and maid why they were waking her up when it was a Saturday. Of course, they said they knew it was Saturday and no one was trying to wake her. A few days after that, she woke up in the middle of the night to a woman sitting at the foot of her bed. She could only see her back, and she said the woman was talking to her but she couldn't hear clearly. My aunt is a huge scaredy cat so due to her fear and just the paranormal all together, she couldn't make out what the woman was saying. She just closed her eyes, terrified and eventually drifted back to sleep. I should mention my aunt is about 65 years old here. She also said another time the woman came back with 2 kids by her side and they were all just standing at the foot of her bed watching her sleep.

This scared me as I slept in that room too. Never saw her though, phew! I did hear my name being called twice in the house but chose to think it was my imagination. Anyways, thanks for your time. My aunt and her husband has passed on now and the house has been sold. But I will always hold those beautiful memories in my heart. I have a feeling the lady spirit is now talking to my aunt in their world, and now my aunt can actually talk back, as they converse and watch over their beloved home together.

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Those who are curious about reincarnation, must check this out. I have shifted my thinking towards this kind of aspect as well
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jepolpObRBM
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-09)
Really heartwarming story. Goes straight into my favourites. Thanks for sharing.
Notamongsheep (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-09-26)
So glad I finally got to read some of your stories. =) I can't find a way to lookup stories by username on my phone. -_- I'm really glad that my family in Vietnam lives in newly built houses now - they used to live in Saigon on a large lot of land, but sold it to the government and from what I understand, there's an Internet cafe of some sort in it's place. My mom says the people that work at the cafe tells them they hear noises and see apparitions on that property, but my mom says that while she lived there, she never saw or heard anything! I said maybe it was probably because the house got demolished...

My grandma's house seems very peaceful, however, the staircases always creep me out a little when all the lights are off. It's a normal creep out feeling, not an "I know someone's here" feeling! But, nothing can stop me from getting to the fridge on the first floor while experiencing jet lag and the munchies late at night after a 15+ hour flight! >_<
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
Just to give everyone an idea of how it looks, I have googled a picture of what most business-homes look like.
Most houses are built upwards and not so much in width due to space availability.

Http://www.getintravel.com/visit-mekong-delta-vietnam-the-nine-dragons/street-scene-of-chau-doc-in-the-mekong-delta-in-vietnam/
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
Allisonbeckert23 - thanks for reading! My aunt had only one child and he resides in Canada. To my knowledge the house took a year to sell, not because it was haunted but really expensive. Due to the large size, I'm pretty certain a wealthy family bought it and will eventually turn it into another business-home. I'm quite sure of this as almost every home in Vietnam is a business on the first floor.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
Miracles51031 - Thank you, and I do agree 😊 too bad my aunt was scared witless! I can't help but feel this woman was kind of like a house spirit protector as everything went very smoothly for them over decades. No major accidents, no break ins, as my aunt and uncle lived alone with their maid, at night it was just too big of a house for 3 people.
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
I love how interested spirits are in our business, and your aunt sounds like a woman with dedication. I'm curious (though I don't know that you'd know) what the new owners did with the property.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
notjustme - this just confirms for me that ghosts are able to learn after they have passed. Why else would the woman have had two children with her when she came to your aunt's room, unless it was to show her that they also were ready for that day's lessons?

Great story and thank you for sharing it with us 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
thanks mimierkki! Yes it was a lovely school and very cheerful place to be. Thanks for reading!
mimerkki (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
What a heart warming story. I loved it. Such a calming atmosphere - and what a wonderful place the school must have been!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: