You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Possible Incubus Encounter at Home

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Incubus Encounter at Home

 

This isn't a ghost story, more of a demonic encounter. I swear it is true. It was the night before I started ninth grade and I was asleep, no it wasn't a dream. I got really cold, I woke up and my fan was on, I didn't turn it on. As I started to roll over, my t.v. came on, then shut off. I couldn't move, I was scared stiff, then I felt my bed press down as if someone were stepping onto it. I felt the weight on each side of me, I just closed my eyes. I couldn't breathe, speak, or move...

After what seemed like a minute or so, I was able to roll out of bed. I turned on my lamp, which had a red light bulb in it, and ran, crying hysterically, out of the room. I went to my parent's room and told them what happened, they said, "oh, it was just a dream, you just thought it was real".

Of course they wouldn't believe me. The thing that bothered me the most was that a few months before that, my dad had told me his story...

He said that he had just come back from the army and he had an apartment with a friend. He had gone to his parent's house to see them and there was a book on the table. He said that his mom told him that she had caught his younger brother with it and took it away. My dad was interested, so he said he was going to take it. His mother told him not to, we believe she had psychic abilities, but my dad was stubborn and took it anyways.

When he was through looking at the book, he closed it and went to bed. Now, you have to understand that my dad was young and had a few girlfriends, so when this someone or something came into his room, he thought it was one of them.

He was lying in bed and heard someone come into the room and felt them get into bed with him. He didn't know which girl it was, so he just said, "what are you doing here?". No reply, he turns over and there is nobody there. He told me that it then got very cold and he couldn't move, he felt someone or something crawl on top of him. He said that he tried to yell for his roommate, but the words wouldn't come out.

After he struggled for a moment, he finally screamed his friend's name. He said that his friend ran in and commented that it was, "freezing" in the room. My dad was able to get up, when they went into the kitchen, the book was open to a chapter on demons crawling into bed with people.

I thought that my dad's story was just that, a story, until that happened to me, even though I had had so many experiences, they were all ghosts before this.

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them. My dad has recently passed, so I can't ask him about it, but I can tell you about my experience.

Thank you for your time.

~BelieverOfTruth~

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BelieverOfTruth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kikyo (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
uhm polterguist have your house blessed and keep it clean to dispense negative energy
danihorrorshow (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
If it did not sleep with you, or engage in sexual activity it may have just been a demon and not so much an incubus.
Incubi just have sex, while demons will torment and tease you for their pleasure. But demons of course can have sex with you as well, but it may not be sensual.
You may feel scared, in danger, or any other negative emtions while it has intercourse with you. Similar with the emotions you and your father felt when it was with you
melay04virgo (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
well I guess sleeping with incubus makes us paralyze that very moment with them. We are aware but can't move. I always experience sleep paralysis after hearing voices, but I'm glad they don't touch or hurt me.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
😆Sorry believer but this one goes to Kisho: after doing a little "research" I'm back here to say... I need to get my facts straight! You are absolutely right about the Mad Arab, Kisho. I think it's high time I dropped the attitude and read some of Lovecraft's books-he's better than I thought...
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I smell spam (I.E Mariam). Does anyone notice the last nine comments posted from this person is the same thing?

I'm all for providing websites or addresses for people, but not this crap
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
In reading this and other accounts like it, a picture emerges wherein what's called sleep paralysis is directly connected to reported spirit attacks.

Not all cases are the same--some very likely involve only one or the other.
But a significant number of these experiences report attacks by spirit entities and have clearly demonic elements attached.

In cases wherein there actually is contact with spirit entities, the imposed paralysis would serve the intentions of the invading party.

Final point: the YGS account entitled--AN OFFER--shows the drawing power of some occult materials, that summoning spirits by ritual is not necessary to their arrival on the scene.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Another thought--I would be curious to learn some more details of your own experience.
Were any occult items in any way involved?
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
BelieverOftruth---Look forward to reading your response to these posts and/or your personal experience.
Some have maintained that there are incubi spirits that visit males and females.
The freezing room is a straight out demonic sign that does not fit well into the catagory of trivia if this account is true.

Also, a point for consideration not applied to this story is the fact that demonic spirits do not need to be summoned in all cases--- spiritistic items often motivate them to take the initiative and react as if they HAVE BEEN summoned.

Fiction highlighting demonic characters and content has contributed to situations and experiences like your father's. Fiction is not on the same level as non-fiction works in this kind of paranormal activity, but it has been shown to be a catalyst in occult experiences like the story above.

I'm sure your father's story is realistic, supplying another example of the drawing power of occult material.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Ok, before this spins out of control, Al-Hazred is a fictional character made up by H.P. Lovecraft and fans of his. Lovecraft's stories were written inspired by nightmares that he had during his life, and the Necronomicon itself was hardly mentioned at all, and was more of just a sidenote in most of his fiction. The actual books regarding the Necronomicon and it's author have been written since Lovecraft passed, more as a fan effort to flesh out a captivating idea than anything. The book isn't real, and the versions that have been printed over the years in "ancient languages" have tended to have one major factor in common with each other: They're the same 8-16 pages repeated over and over, sometimes out of order, in order to fill the width of a normal book.

Yeah, you can get a bunch of different versions, and other titles like the Book of Dead Names, that give detailed instructions as to performing dark rituals, ceremonies, conjurations, etc. But they're for fun and laughs. They don't really work cause they aren't real.

They're fiction. Captivating fiction that a lot of people believe in because the idea is intriguing, and can't be disproven anymore than the existance of fire-breathing unicorns can be, but fiction nonetheless.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
to rhodes68 and whitebuffalo: those are some interesting facts I really appreciate your efforts to explain things and I enjoy sharing interests with you guys. Thank you both for your time. Thanks for all the info's guys. And I hope youll always be there to help me understand things better. 😁
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
To Whitebuffalo: I was sort of vague as to why Lovecraft's claim isn't true.

The Necronomicon was in fact written in Damascus in 730 AD by Abdul Alhazred often referred to as "the mad Arab". He was born in Sanoa in the Yemen. He read and translated manuscripts by scolars as Herodotus and Nostradamus and spent a considerable amount of time in the wilderness meditating.

Like Nostradamus, he used ceremonial magic to foretell the future. Using similar techniques, and an incense composed of olibanum, storax, dictamnus, opium and hashish, he tried to clarify the past but because of these substances and mostly due to a lack of references Necronomicon was dismissed as worthless by historians.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
I totally agree with you Whitebuffalo although Lovercraft's claim that it was a work of fiction doesn't echoe the exact and whole truth as he later admitted to have researched and then simply added or altered a few things. Whatever the case is, it still remains a disturbing book although I also doubt it can be used to call upon demons and such.

Thanks for the input, though
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Excuse me, please, BelieverOfTruth, I saw something in a few comments that I simply can not pass up discussing.

Lalat and Rhodes, The Necronomicon was a work of fiction written from the stories of the horror writer H. P. Lovecraft. Among other things, the work contains an account of the Old Ones, their history, and the means for summoning them. Many readers of the text have believed it to be a real work, and non-fiction, with booksellers and librarians receiving many requests for it; pranksters have listed it in rare book catalogues, and one person even smuggled a card for it into the Yale University Library's card catalog. The name itself, translated from the Greek language, meant "an image of the law of the dead", but it WAS written as a piece of FICTION. Lovecraft was often asked about the veracity of the Necronomicon, and always answered that it was completely his invention.
If the AUTHOR should admit, REPEATEDLY that his writings were words of fiction, manufactured after a published PLAY with the same subject and the same nefarious end, I should think that it were FICTION. Therefore, even doing some of the rituals within its pages, should not cause evil. Http://www.digital-brilliance.com/necron/necron.htm
Further: I personally own a few copies of the ancient texts also. COPIES. Within the copies there HAVE been changes, omissions and additions. The reason being that in the wrong hands, the Texts of Darkness could theoretically bring full and complete darkness on the earth. I am not talking about the absence of Sun nor the absolution of night and visual darkness, I am talking about pure evil.
The true, complete and unabridged versions are NOT in circulation and have been protected since the first writing of such texts. It is unclear on whether the texts are intact, or divided and guarded in separate locations about the world, but there is no COMPLETE, xerox copy of the test in circulation.
Thank you.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
to rhodes68:
i also saw one written in arabic, well I think its arabic. I really love reading books specially old ones like what you had. But I don't really believe in it though. Hey want to chat? We can talk bout it more.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
To Lalat: I used to possess a very old copy written in an old greek language. I think newer editions have become more commercial and probably deliberately skipped some parts of the older version. I cannot begin to describe the things that were written in there including the curses on the owner of the book in case he or she would dare spread the word by mouth. I'm telling you, I left it there on a shelf on the bookcase until my father got hold of it and threw it away- something you were also warned against.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
to rhodes68:
i don't think I remember reading about that in the book. But youre probably right, but also there's a hundred copy of that book, and I don't think that the place where I bought it from had gotten any complaints about it (being dangerous or haunted and stuff like that). And so far none of my friends have mentioned anything creepy happening because of the book.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Excuse the interruption but Lalat isn't written in the necronomicon that you're not to pass the book to another or reveal the context of the book to anyone yourself? That's a scary book to possess guys.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
to JPing:
i have never used those books (for ritual purposes) I don't know about my friends though. I bought those books because I think theyre interesting and I love to read, that's all. I bought them while I was in vacation in norway.
NumberNine (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
I have suffered sleep paralysis on several occasions, but I am fully aware, and never once I have felt anything or experienced anything like an entity coming anywhere near me. I havnt even felt the pressure of someone like sitting on you, just being unable to move. All you have to do is move your head or neck and then the rest of your body jolts awak. People panic when they can't move and I think some people just automatically wig out when they are scared like that. However I am intrieged with this subject, and I want to experience coming in contact with an incubus or succubus. So if in your experiance you have any idea of how you may have got the things attention please share.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Lalat, the most probable answer to your question is that your stantic bible, rituals and necronomicon (?) are full of cow excrement. Or maybe you and your friends aren't doing them properly.

Where did you get these books?
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
i have a satanic bible, satanic ritual and necronomicon and my friends borrow them all the time but none of them told me anything had happen to them. I'm not saying youre lying, no not at all, I'm just curious as to why nothing ever happens.
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Ahh sounds scary D: I hate the thought of comming accross a demon... And hope I never do myself! That is pretty freaky how the book was on that page, though. That's why I personally don't go reading books on demons or anything of that sort, usually the content comes out and haunts you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Hi BOT. As scary as that night must have been for you, I believe that you experienced 'Sleep Paralysis'. This may or may not be what really happened to you but it is just MY own opinion. I had a similar incident as your Father did and it scared me silly! I still to this day honestly believe it to have been an entity. I also have to think logically that it IS quite possible that it was 'Sleep Paralysis'. I still am not sure. It is definitely more comforting to know that there is a logical explanation to scary things such as this instead of thinking an entity attacked you.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
I have suffered from sleep paralysis before. Luckily, I never saw anything creepy, just heard noises and felt a dark presence in my room. Once I realized what it was, I don't have anymore episodes.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Although I am sure this encounter was absolutely terrifying, I must agree. Sleep paralysis. The reason sleep paralysis is so terrifying is because it all seems so real and so vivid. Your father had told you the story regarding his encounter, you fell asleep, expoerienced this sleep paralysis attack and had the story in your mind, that would be enough to scare anyone to bits!

God Bless!
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Nope, sleep paralysis and not an incubus. A bit more would have happened if it were.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Many legends from medieval times are the result of a lack of understanding of such occurances as sleep paralysis. In Europe, sleep paralysis victims often believed they had been attacked by incubi or succubi. In Asia, victims witnessed an old woman.

Today, particularly in America, victims of sleep paralysis often believe they have been attacked by ghosts or abducted by aliens. You'll find sleep paralysis is very culture specific.

Of course it is possible that what you experiences wasn't sleep paralysis, but from the symptoms you described that does seem the likely culprit.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Sleep paralysis, many people doe have this. Not sure about the rest of the story. With your dad telling you about, what happen to him and then you had the same thing happen. Not real sure with the rest. Not saying it's not true, I just don't feel anything with this story but the sleep paralysis.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
I really hate to say it, BelieverOfTruth,
But I think the power of suggestion came into play for you in this experience. You admit that "The thing that bothered me the most was that a few months before that, my dad had told me his story..."
When you woke up, this night while in the ninth grade, it is possible that the story your Dad told you was still in your thought patterns. The conversation was a compelling one, I would imagine, and one that you did have second thoughts about. Who wouldn't? You have an unnamed book, that seems to have brought a ghost into your Dads bed. I get interested when people tell me of unexplained occurrences, too.
If nothing else, and you can rule out the power of suggestion, then I would say that this was an experience in sleep paralysis. There are many symptoms, and people go through different things while going through the paralysis. It would appear that there is no "cookie cut out" description to explain all that one goes through.
Thank you.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
I agree with FRAWIN, it seems like you had a breif case of sleep paralysis. I had it once before and you do feel like someone is ontop of you and other symptons. I would love to hear more from you soon!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: